• King Slime

• Plantera

• Golem

• Duke Fishron

• Moon Lord

• Lunatic Cultist

Results are only viewable after voting.
V1.6.5 is out!
Reworked King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of World and Brain of Cthulhu's armors. Added a few new abilities and fixed a MP bug!

A little something to wait for more...

V1.6.5 is out!
Reworked King Slime, Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of World and Brain of Cthulhu's armors. Added a few new abilities and fixed a MP bug!

A little something to wait for more...
Still can't find it in tModLoader... ;(

Last edited:
im going to say this AGAIN, but orian needs the approval of the modder (mountaindrew) after that coding, spriting, ORIGINAL boss abilities that dont repeat with vanilla bosses.
Approval is not really the issue I think(btw, it's Absol for Calamity), it's more about the fact that I'd like to have the original content to be fully done before looking at cross mod. Sprites being the biggest holding back

Hey this may be a bit much but could you please make a only summoner set for mid- game like late pre-hardmode to early hardmode or even a set in late hardmode since terrarias so lacking in minions in late hardmode. I just want to show the summoner class some love because i think its a real fun class. Another suggestion is that you should make it so that i dont need to get expert mode items for the sets,yes the items you use for the sets are very reasonable but for someone who is lets be honest is pretty horrible at the game and i just dont want to punish myself with expert mode.Another suggestion is that you make a final boss in the game thats like a shapeshifter that can change into you or like the other bosses and that when you defeat can give an ultimate super flexible armor set. Now of course a boss mod is not what this mod is going for but it would be cool after finishing all the armor sets and accesories it could be like a final thing to end the mod. over qall i think that this mod is really good just want a summoner class other than the king slime set. thanks

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

There is a few sets that should be profitable for summoners, late game main armor is the duke fishron one. Future plans will have the moon lord armor be more supportive of it too(more visible at least, as it's already boosting summon).

For the expert items, I've thought of it quite a lot, and yes, maybe I should give an option... I will use mod configs probably

As for the rest... I can't talk about it for... reasons

Edit : completely forgot that the mechamalgam armor is a main summon one too... and you can break caps of max summon with enough power, hehehehh. Also, plantera's armor is secundary summon too

Thanks for listening and i did check out duke fishrons armor and it is a pretty summoner based armor however if you look at the roster of armors that are mainly summoner: king slime set,mechalgam set,and fishron set. then you see that there are only 3 sets mainly for summoners, now yes you could argue that the plantera set is a summoner set however really I dont count it,anyways 1 of them is for pre-hardmode and the other 2 are for late hardmode which makes it so that all I have to work with is early pre-hardmode and late hardmode yes their are other sets for summoners however i really like the shapeshifter mod sets becuase the sets are realllly amazing(seriously though your mod is really great and i like it alot as it enchances my game). Personally I think it would be nice with the queen bee set if it had an option that you could make two types of bee helmets one for the ranged and throwing and the other for summoners. Maybe you could have the recipe diference be the hornet staff the abilityies could be like giving you four more minion slots and maybe the more minion bees you have the more damage they do and also you could get more health regen,defence and maybe an extra minion slot if you have 6 hornets out.Now of course i am spitballing here i really just want to give you ideas whether you want to use them is up to you of course however it could be something. In conclusion if you make the bee set an option then it could be like slime king for early pre-hardmode to late pre-hardmode and then bee set from late pre-hardmode to early- hardmode and then mechalgam and fishron for late hardmode. Anyways thanks for listening!

Queen Bee set was a tough choice to make, because the hornet armor is pure summon, so I had to do something completely opposite because I tried to make them fitting with vanilla progression, kinda.
Making my set support summon would probably make the hornet set completely obsolete, which is kind of a shame. Right now, if you combine vanilla and Shapeshifter, the summoning armor progression is quite smooth.

Overall, making everything fit properly is quite a puzzleknot...

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Duke fishron armor as summon and magic or summon and melee since it doesn't really use any throwing style attacks? Just spitballin

It's purely for class balance, but later on, it might become only summon.
Ah ok, it's true that throwers get no attention in the late-game, maybe make armor for the 4 celestial pillars and have it buff all stats? Just to give throwers a bigger chance at actually being able to do something late-game, maybe even a weapon to go with it? I could think of a couple of ways to implement a weapon INTO the armor sets

I love the mod. I think the mech bosses armor is a bit op if you know how to use it, I was rolling down my mine cart tracks and went to see how much extra damage I had gotten for building up speed (I was doing a ranged playthrough) and the number was going up constantly, so i dismounted and found my self moving incredibly fast i once again checked my damage and it had hit 1000 from 80 so i assumed that it would stop but i learned that once i approached a certain speed the damage just kept going up as long as i moved, then it hit 2000 and then 3 so i flew, using the speed boost, from one end of the world to the next. I did this for 5 minutes and dealt out 20000 damage which using the vortex beater gave me about 10x that in dps. So I tried using the dual wielding mod and used 2 vortex beaters and rebuilt up all my energy and much more, and in only 15 minutes of just doing random bosses I dealt over 1000000 dps while dual wielding and about 550000 when not so i tried the moon lord again and accidentally insta killed him. So I think that maybe there should be a cap to how much damage can be built up. Still I love the mod and its really cool. (Thanks for making my day!)

Hahahaha, yes, I definitely have to add a cap to that armor, or make it that you can't store the energy that much easily. Even though it's still some sweat to get all masks, it shouldn't be exponentially growing up power like that, heh.
Don't forget though that it also increases your building potential!

so i got a stupid question does standing on water using any of the many sources of water walking effects allow the duke fishron armor to stay hydrated or is it just rain and being submerged

so i got a stupid question does standing on water using any of the many sources of water walking effects allow the duke fishron armor to stay hydrated or is it just rain and being submerged
Standing on water doesn't work.
That said, I'll try to improve the armor's weakness to make it a bit nicer to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom