tModLoader Rewards - Receive (non-transferable) spendable points for game progress

I have stumbled upon some strange glitch today. Yesterday everything was OK, nothing changed since then, all mods updated. On the initititalization stage Rewards mod fails to load with an error. What could cause the problem? Details under the spoiler.
Error log
Code:
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
  at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
  at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad)
My mods list
Code:
AlchemistNPC.tmod
AutoTrash.tmod
BossChecklist.tmod
BossLootPlus.tmod
CalamityMod.tmod
CrystiliumMod.tmod
EasierBossLoot.tmod
enabled.json
ExtraGunGear.tmod
Fargowiltas.tmod
FKBossHealthBar.tmod
HamstarHelpers.tmod
imkSushisMod.tmod
Infinity.tmod
Loot.tmod
MagicStorage.tmod
MaxStackPlus.tmod
ModernFirearms.tmod
OreSeeds.tmod
PortableStorage.tmod
RecipeBrowser.tmod
ReducedGrinding.tmod
Rewards.tmod
SacredTools.tmod
ShorterRespawn.tmod
SimpleAutoChests.tmod
SolutionsMod.tmod
SpiritMod.tmod
TheOneLibrary.tmod
ThoriumMod.tmod
VeinMiner.tmod
Wireless.tmod
WMITF.tmod
Yes, disabling Rewards allows initialization to complete. It even explicitly tells that error occurs while loading Rewards. See https://imgur.com/a/uzJzouu

still getting no points :(, new character, new world. this is my mod list.

"Antisocial",
"ArchitectNPC",
"BetterYoyos",
"Bor",
"BossChecklist",
"Boxinator",
"CraftableTryHardItems",
"DNIWpnUpgr",
"dropyourweapon",
"ExpandedSentries",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"ExtendedCrops",
"Fargowiltas",
"FinalFantasyStuff",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"Infinity",
"InsightReborn",
"Luiafk",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"MaxStackPlus",
"MiniBossNPC",
"MoreAccessories",
"MysterySeeds",
"NEWNPCs",
"NoMoreTombs",
"PotionSeller",
"ProjectCentury",
"QualityOfLifeRecipes",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ReducedGrinding",
"Rewards",
"SacredTools",
"SellSlotMod",
"SimpleAutoChests",
"SuperQuickRespawn",
"test",
"TPUnchained",
"VeinMiner",
"VendingMachines",
"WingSlot",
"Yoyos2",
"CalamityMod",
"UniverseOfSwordsMod",
"SimpleHome",
"TerrariaOverhaul"

still getting no points :(, new character, new world. this is my mod list.

"Antisocial",
"ArchitectNPC",
"BetterYoyos",
"Bor",
"BossChecklist",
"Boxinator",
"CraftableTryHardItems",
"DNIWpnUpgr",
"dropyourweapon",
"ExpandedSentries",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"ExtendedCrops",
"Fargowiltas",
"FinalFantasyStuff",
"HamstarHelpers",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"Infinity",
"InsightReborn",
"Luiafk",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"MaxStackPlus",
"MiniBossNPC",
"MoreAccessories",
"MysterySeeds",
"NEWNPCs",
"NoMoreTombs",
"PotionSeller",
"ProjectCentury",
"QualityOfLifeRecipes",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ReducedGrinding",
"Rewards",
"SacredTools",
"SellSlotMod",
"SimpleAutoChests",
"SuperQuickRespawn",
"test",
"TPUnchained",
"VeinMiner",
"VendingMachines",
"WingSlot",
"Yoyos2",
"CalamityMod",
"UniverseOfSwordsMod",
"SimpleHome",
"TerrariaOverhaul"
So far, I'm completely unable to replicate your problem. I'll continue thinking on possible causes. In the meantime, try deleting the config file for the mod, and see if anything improves after (Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/Rewards Config.json)

The only non-error causes for this bug that I can imagine currently would exist in this function of the code: https://github.com/hamstar0/tml-rew...f89efa9eea4a5c045/Logic/KillData_Kills.cs#L14

So far, I'm completely unable to replicate your problem. I'll continue thinking on possible causes. In the meantime, try deleting the config file for the mod, and see if anything improves after (Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/Rewards Config.json)

The only non-error causes for this bug that I can imagine currently would exist in this function of the code: https://github.com/hamstar0/tml-rew...f89efa9eea4a5c045/Logic/KillData_Kills.cs#L14

I did it, i erased the config file and i started getting points, thanks a lot man, just another question, i only get 1 point every time i kill a boss for the second time and on, is that intended?

I did it, i erased the config file and i started getting points, thanks a lot man, just another question, i only get 1 point every time i kill a boss for the second time and on, is that intended?
Yes, it's a config setting called GrindKillMultiplier that scales the points earned from subsequent kills. If you set it to 1, you get the full amount.

thanks a bunch bro! then is ok now!

Hello! I'm trying to get Rewards up and running. On the Mod Browser it says we need Mod Helpers v 1.6.1. When I tried loading the mod, It says we need Hamstarhelpers 1.6.1. I did a search for Hamstarhelpers in the mod browser and it didn't come up. Thanks!

Hello! I'm trying to get Rewards up and running. On the Mod Browser it says we need Mod Helpers v 1.6.1. When I tried loading the mod, It says we need Hamstarhelpers 1.6.1. I did a search for Hamstarhelpers in the mod browser and it didn't come up. Thanks!
In the mod browser, do you see a ! symbol next to the mod in the list? If so, that should auto acquire the dependency mod.

Otherwise, check the head post of this thread.

Yes its there but the browser takes you to the "Mod Helpers v1.6.1" I downloaded it but when I tried to enable it say it needs to be Hamstarhelper. I am guessing they are both your mod with one showing as a different name.
clip1.JPG clip2.JPG clip3.JPG

Yes its there but the browser takes you to the "Mod Helpers v1.6.1" I downloaded it but when I tried to enable it say it needs to be Hamstarhelper. I am guessing they are both your mod with one showing as a different name.
View attachment 203129 View attachment 203130 View attachment 203131
They're the same mod. So you're saying you enabled Mod Helpers but you still cannot enable Rewards?

In the Mod list, you should see another ! button next to Rewards. Try using that one in turn. Maybe also try restarting the game, if that still fails.

Otherwise, this might be a TML bug...

Hi! I can't seem to get progress points either. I've deleted the config file and reloaded the mod, I've resetted the config file under Helper's gui, and nothing. It's actualy gone pretty annoying.

Hi! I can't seem to get progress points either. I've deleted the config file and reloaded the mod, I've resetted the config file under Helper's gui, and nothing. It's actualy gone pretty annoying.
What version are you using? Can you send me the error log once you start a new game?

I am using ModHelpers v1.6.6.3 and Rewards v1.5.2, they are the ones on the latest tmodloader browser. Also, I don't know if this is the right log, but I think it is.

Attachments

• Logs.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 205
Mod is completely broken for me as of last night, and no amount of deleting the config file and or resetting to default fixes it. I've tried manually enabling and disabling mods 1 by 1, but nothing works.

Mod is completely broken for me as of last night, and no amount of deleting the config file and or resetting to default fixes it. I've tried manually enabling and disabling mods 1 by 1, but nothing works.
Alright, I'll get to fixing it shortly. Bit busy ATM.

Back
Top Bottom