Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Just want consistent updates. Not 3 years in between. It’s not like re logic is strained as pipe works is working on it. Yes mobile platform is a bit difficult to work on but still. 3 damn years and not even a cheeky optimisation update. Give us little updates like a single boss, or a few items, or visual updates. Would rather have something every month or so.

Edit: 2 years but whatever
Re-Logic only directly develops the PC version. Pipeworks is developing the mobile, switch, and console versions. :)

Re-Logic only directly develops the PC version. Pipeworks is developing the mobile, switch, and console versions. :)
That’s what’s I said... just not very well lol.
Not even PC was ever updated that often. Expecting an update every month or two is just overkill for this game and it's developer. This isn't some casual free to play micro-transaction crap, it's a full, real game. If you can exhaust all the content in 1.3 in a month you have too much free time for one game to fill.
Yes but us mobile players have optimisation issues such as crashing, textures not loading, sometimes building can be unresponsive (might be something to do with my MFi though). NPC’s not moving into houses that meet requirements amongst other things.
Yeah bosses and stuff is a bit more difficult and stuff but got damn... 2 years. At least something every 6 months

That’s what’s I said... just not very well lol.

Yes but us mobile players have optimisation issues such as crashing, textures not loading, sometimes building can be unresponsive (might be something to do with my MFi though). NPC’s not moving into houses that meet requirements amongst other things.
Yeah bosses and stuff is a bit more difficult and stuff but got damn... 2 years. At least something every 6 months
Yeah mobile has been a troubled child. That's part of the reason this is taking so long, they want the new developer to get it right this time.

Aurora but why will it not change I would really like It to have a update I know It might be hard But I loved This Since I was 8 to 9 And Would Love A Update

Aurora but why will it not change I would really like It to have a update I know It might be hard But I loved This Since I was 8 to 9 And Would Love A Update

It isn't because Re-Logic doesn't want the 3DS to get the 1.3 update or beyond. They weighed their options on what could be done with the previous generation consoles, and ultimately, the main limiting factor is that the RAM of the 3DS can't handle the changes that 1.3 brings. I'm sure they've really tested what they could and looked into what could be optimized, and ultimately their choice was to either bring an unstable 1.3 to the 3DS, or to keep it as a stable 1.2.4 update. Ultimately they went with keeping it stable and focusing on the next generation of consoles.

No one is happy that it is that way, but that's the nature of hardware and game/software development. As software evolves, the hardware sometimes has to evolve with it as well. The game as it exists on the 3DS still has a lot of content, and one of the benefits could be seen that the previous generation of console versions of Terraria will keep the Console Exclusives if you enjoy the console exclusives, which have been removed from the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game when they were updated to 1.3.

It isn't because Re-Logic doesn't want the 3DS to get the 1.3 update or beyond. They weighed their options on what could be done with the previous generation consoles, and ultimately, the main limiting factor is that the RAM of the 3DS can't handle the changes that 1.3 brings. I'm sure they've really tested what they could and looked into what could be optimized, and ultimately their choice was to either bring an unstable 1.3 to the 3DS, or to keep it as a stable 1.2.4 update. Ultimately they went with keeping it stable and focusing on the next generation of consoles.

No one is happy that it is that way, but that's the nature of hardware and game/software development. As software evolves, the hardware sometimes has to evolve with it as well. The game as it exists on the 3DS still has a lot of content, and one of the benefits could be seen that the previous generation of console versions of Terraria will keep the Console Exclusives if you enjoy the console exclusives, which have been removed from the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game when they were updated to 1.3.

3ds? Stable? Maybe once people's worlds would stop getting corrupted for no reason? Or maybe once they fix the bug where items in your inventory go missing. But despite me telling them how the inventory bug worked, everything went dead silent. We were promised to receive bug fixes for a while but suddenly the whole company goes silent. Not a single person said "we have stopped working on the 3ds version". We were just left hanging there for months until we all decided to give up hope and abandon the game.

...nothing, just nothing.

An official word from somebody would have been bloody great. To leave the game in such a terrible state is very dissapointing and quite insulting to be honest. My trust in each of the Terraria teams had significantly dropped because of this.

how much longer???????????
[doublepost=1534183888,1534183834][/doublepost]also i caught you a delicious bass
[doublepost=1534184269][/doublepost]aurora is there a scheduled time yet I'm getting tired of checking this forum every day
[doublepost=1534184311][/doublepost]#lepus is dead to me

how much longer???????????
[doublepost=1534183888,1534183834][/doublepost]also i caught you a delicious bass
[doublepost=1534184269][/doublepost]aurora is there a scheduled time yet I'm getting tired of checking this forum every day
[doublepost=1534184311][/doublepost]#lepus is dead to me
Please use the edit button to add to your post, instead if multi-posting like that.

There is no announced release date at this time. No one forces you to check every day.

3ds? Stable? Maybe once people's worlds would stop getting corrupted for no reason? Or maybe once they fix the bug where items in your inventory go missing. But despite me telling them how the inventory bug worked, everything went dead silent. We were promised to receive bug fixes for a while but suddenly the whole company goes silent. Not a single person said "we have stopped working on the 3ds version". We were just left hanging there for months until we all decided to give up hope and abandon the game.

...nothing, just nothing.

An official word from somebody would have been bloody great. To leave the game in such a terrible state is very dissapointing and quite insulting to be honest. My trust in each of the Terraria teams had significantly dropped because of this.
It has actually been expressed many, many times that the 3DS would receive no more updates.
Personally, I think that the 3DS version was a mistake, but that's just me.

It has actually been expressed many, many times that the 3DS would receive no more updates.
Personally, I think that the 3DS version was a mistake, but that's just me.

Usually expressed by the forum mods instead of any devs, and for a long time even they used the words "I think" or something similar rather than any actual confirmation.

There was never any confirmation made by the Devs in any of the 3DS boards nor was there any boards made saying "we have some (bad) news about the 3DS"

If they could create a board saying that they would stop updating the WiiU, Xbox360 and PS3 version of the game, why not make one informing us about the 3ds version?

In the end, the most creditable update I got from anybody was from a random forum member who said that they got to talk to a member of staff from one of the teams on discord and it got briefly mentioned that they weren't working on the 3DS anymore. There wasn't much proof for this , and a quick update through discord that only one or two people bare witnessed to rather than updating us here on the forums for us all to see is a pretty :red:ty move if I do say so myself.

(Mobile) Oof, my legacy items are gone because my world kept crashing, guess its time to start a new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom