tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

Doesn't work with Battle rods mod. Fishing rods in this mode are weapons and have "fishing damage". I upgraded my rod for +3 but dmg doesn't increased

Probably because the mod doesn't take into account the modded damage types. I'm going to assume the same will happen with Thorium's Radiant, Symphonic and Healing Damage, Expanded Sentry's Sentry damage, and Tremor Remaster's Alchemist damage.

For the record I'm still stuffing this into my super-modded playthrough, I love me some interesting looking mechanics, and weapon upgrade could help in this minor slump I'm in with Summoner. :3

I'll try these out, but as far as I know if these weapons use the default damage system, they should still be improved.

---

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that the latest version has been released and now the upgrade process requires multiple jewels.

For modded damage types, I tested one out and it works currently fine:

jXZLL5h.png

zUlGNgX.png

I'll be looking at the Battle Rods mod when I have time.

Last edited:
I finally got to take a look in-game and I really like this update, the amount of jewels per upgrade (at least for the first few since that's all I managed to get so far) seems good for balance and the drop rate doesn't feel kinda broken anymore, it's even better than what I suggested previously. Looking forward to the rewarding pain of getting something to +10 just like upgrading equipment to that level feels in most games, thank you.

I finally got to take a look in-game and I really like this update, the amount of jewels per upgrade (at least for the first few since that's all I managed to get so far) seems good for balance and the drop rate doesn't feel kinda broken anymore, it's even better than what I suggested previously. Looking forward to the rewarding pain of getting something to +10 just like upgrading equipment to that level feels in most games, thank you.
All thanks to your suggestion! :D

As for the Battle Rods mod, I found out that it overwrites the damage to a flat value, which is why my mod doesn't affect the damage value of the rods. I'm currently seeking help from higher beings in the tML Discord server. I'll update the mod once my problem is solved.

Boo! I'm aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Also...

Version 1.3 Released! (EDIT: Please give me time to update the first post because I'm soooo busy with adult life... :( )

v1.3
  • Added Energy Runes, which can upgrade equipment one more time after +10!
  • Catalysts can only break upon non-successful upgrades
  • Adjusted recipe for catalysts
  • Adjusted drop rates for jewels
  • Changed 'Reliquary Crux' to 'Reliquary Ritus'

Oh woops lol, well thanks for your work on that, haven't used it but I respect and appreciate everybody who gives back to the community.

Real terraria hours who up? Lol but seriously thanks for this mod and it's nice to see you're still working on it :D <3
D-Did you just take my credit, Sumenora!? Jk. <3

do you mean for the DNI Weapon upgrade that would be
DaiNekoIchi you be thanking..i just support it =p .. i'm one of the SacredTools Devs thou.
YOU NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!! I'm surprised xD

Lemme know if you guys encounter any problems!

D-Did you just take my credit, Sumenora!? Jk. <3

YOU NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!! I'm surprised xD

Lemme know if you guys encounter any problems!

whoopsie hun you didnt know you i was a Dev?... my bad but now you know =p and yes ill be sure to report problems <3

HI Love your mod but i cant open the gui with power attacks mod installed it makes items require you to hold down to activate and its not pulling up the gui is there another way you can pull up the gui i really want your mod with power attacks maybe a hotkey?

HI Love your mod but i cant open the gui with power attacks mod installed it makes items require you to hold down to activate and its not pulling up the gui is there another way you can pull up the gui i really want your mod with power attacks maybe a hotkey?
you could try disabling the power attack mod upgrade your weapons and then reenable the power attacks mod?

you could try disabling the power attack mod upgrade your weapons and then reenable the power attacks mod?
funny thats exactly what i did but it would still be awesome if i could do that with ought the whole tedious of mod swapping

Is there chance that we can configure certain setting? Like Failure and success?
Sadly I'm still waiting for tModLoaderConfig to work officially so I can put that kind of thing in.

I'll look into it and see what I can do. I wouldn't want to assign a hotkey to the upgrade interface though, it defeats the concept of requiring a tool to use for upgrades. I mean, Terraria has magic, sure, but not "that" too magical that you just upgrade with slapping gems and catalysts on equipment :p

I love the concept of this mod but is there a way to make it so we can upgrade our equipment at an anvil or work bench? For the sake of immersion

their seems to be a problem with compatibility with "Power Attacks" mod. The Reliquary Ritus don't seem to function with the charging feature it just jitters and not work at all.

Back
Top Bottom