NPCs & Enemies Improving Ocram! New drops, weapon buffs, and more!

Would you want dis?

• Ye!

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Meh!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Change! (Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(Yes, I know Ocram has already been removed, and is most likely not making a comeback. These are just my ideas for how he could have been improved.)

So Ocram is an interesting boss and all, but his attacks and drops are a bit, say, underpowered for their state in the game. I propose to buff Ocram's attacks and weapons, along with adding a few new features!

So Ocram is basically just the Eye of Cthulhu buffed. I think that his AI should be changed a bit, along with some expert attacks.

Phase 1: Ocram will move much faster and chase the player. He will also attempt to shoot the player with cursed flames/ichor.

Phase 2: The only changes made here are increasing Ocram's speed and damage.

EXPERT MODE: Ocram will circle the player and shoot green, powerful lasers at the player that do 120 damage. These lasers also have a chance to inflict the following debuffs: cursed flames/ichor, broken armor, bleeding, blackout, weak, On Fire!, stunned, or frostburn.

Ocram will also occasionally back away from the player and summon a swarm of minions while firing a large barrage of lasers.

The thing that most players don't like about Ocram is his summoning item. It take two mechanical eyes, a mechanical skull, 10 adamantite bars, and 3 souls of night/light. That's a lot. I think that the crafting recipe should be changed to suit Ocram's spot in the game.

New crafting recipe: 1 mechanical skull, 10 hallowed bars, and 5 souls of sight, might, and fright.

Tizona:
The Tizona is quite weak for how late in the game you get it. I say that rather than it doing 56 damage, it should do around 70. Also, since bleeding is useless in single player, I would have the Tizona inflict broken armor. Also, the flame particles around the sword would form a circle around the player, doing damage to enemies and inflicting On Fire

Tonbogiri:
I think that the Tonbogiri is mostly balanced damagewise, but it only inflicts the poison debuff. Since venom is basically the hardmode alternative to poison, I suggest that the Tonbogiri inflict venom rather than poison.

Vulcan Repeater:
I think that the Vulcan Repeater is balanced as it is, although as a bonus, any special arrows should retain their effects.

Spectral Arrows: The only thing I would add to these is a crafting recipe. The recipe would be 50 arrows and 5 souls of blight.

Since there are spectral arrows for bow rangers, why not add spectral bullets?

Spectral Bullet.png

Spectral bullets and spectral arrows would each have a 50% drop chance from Ocram. Spectral bullets could be crafted with 50 musket balls and 5 souls of blight.
These bullets would do 17 damage and inflict the Cursed Inferno debuff for 4 seconds.

But, since the spectral arrows have the sharanga, the spectral bullets should also have their own weapon. Introducing, the Firehawk!

Firehawk.png
(Currently a bad recolor until I get better at gun sprites.)

The Firehawk is crafted with 2 Phoenix Blasters and 10 hellstone bars. It will transform any suitable ammo into a spectral bullet.

Eye of Ocram.png
The Eye of Ocram is a new crafting material that drops from Ocram (drops 1-2). They are the primary ingredients in making the following new weapons.

Eyesite Laser Rifle.png
Eyesite Laser Rifle: Crafted with 1 eye of Ocram, 1 clockwork assault rifle, and 30 souls of blight at a hardmode anvil. Uses 30 mana per second. When it is used, it will shoot lasers in a large burst, similar to Ocram's laser attack. Does 45 damage per laser.

Scythe Storm.png
Scythe Storm: Crafted with 1 eye of Ocram, 2 demon scythes, and 30 souls of blight. Uses 25 mana per shot. When used, this spell book will summon 5 closely grouped, high damaging demon scythes that go through a few blocks. They do 53 damage each.

Blighted Staff.png
Blighted Staff: Crafted with 1 eye of ocram, 30 souls of blight, and 20 adamantite/titanium bars. Uses 25 mana to summon a servant of ocram to fight for you. Does 45 damage.

In expert mode, Ocram would be able to drop his Treasure Bag (
Ocram Treasure Bag.png
), which would contain a unique new item: the Affliction Cell!

Affliction Cell.png

The Affliction Cell is an equippable summon item. Rather than summoning a minion or sentry, it will summon a virus that flies in circles around the player quickly. If it comes in contact with an enemy, it will deal 25 damage and effect the enemy with the "Infected" debuff for 6 seconds.

Infected.png

Infected: this will cause the inflicted enemy to lose 7 health per second and -5 defense, but if the infected enemy touches another, that enemy will get the debuff, but for only half the time, and so on.

Players can be effected by this debuff in PVP, spreading the infection to other teammates. Tooltip: "A raging virus has infected you."

Since Ocram has all the armor sets except for summoner, I think that one more armor set should be added: Dusken Armor!

Dusken Armor.png

Dusken Helm.png
Dusken Helm: Hallowed Headgear, Cobalt Hat/Palladium headgear, Mythril Hood/Orichalcum Headgear, Titanium Headgear/Adamantite Headgear, 15 Souls of Blight

Dusken Plate Mail.png
Dusken Plate Mail: Hallowed Plate Mail, Cobalt Breastplate/Palladium Breastplate, Mythril Chainmail/Orichalcum Breastplate, Adamantite Breastplate/Titanium Breastplate, 10 Souls of Sight, 20 Souls of Blight.

Dusken Greaves.png
Dusken Greaves: Hallowed Greaves, Cobalt Leggings/Palladium Leggings, Mythril Greaves/Orichalcum Leggings, Adamantite Leggings/Titanium Leggings, 10 Souls of Sight, 15 Souls of Blight.

Dusken Helm: 8 defense, 15% increased minion damage and crit. strike chance.

Dusken Plate Mail: 12 defense, 15% increased minion damage, +1 minion capacity.

Dusken Greaves: 10 defense, 15% minion crit. strike chance.

Total defense: 30

Set Bonus: 10% increased movement speed, 30% increased minion damage, -15% mana usage when summoning, +2 minion capacity..

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Nice changes!

I also agree that ocram's weapons are too weak for the time that you get them.
And other thing that should change is that ocram's summoning item is very expensive and
boring to make.

Well, as a person who has played console on PS3 to death, the Tizona’s bleeding effect actually worked like fire, as well as the weapon producing flames but not actually burning stuff.

And the magic weapons seem to guzzle mana a bit too fast, just my opinion.

Overall, I like the suggestion of revamping Ocram.

Well, as a person who has played console on PS3 to death, the Tizona’s bleeding effect actually worked like fire, as well as the weapon producing flames but not actually burning stuff.
Are you sure you weren't wearing a magma stone+

As for the actual thread, I take it this would have Ocram actaully return. Maybe while you're at it you should balance/relocate the Sharanga and reduce the absurd crafting of the armors. I like the new stuff (except the 2 of the items for crafting instead)!

Are you sure you weren't wearing a magma stone+

As for the actual thread, I take it this would have Ocram actaully return. Maybe while you're at it you should balance/relocate the Sharanga and reduce the absurd crafting of the armors. I like the new stuff (except the 2 of the items for crafting instead)!

The magma stone never existed yet. This was 1.1 I’m talking about, the same update where the final boss was considered Ocram, no Golem, Plantera or Duke Fishron. It still does do it, grab an old gen console and see for yourself!

Well the armor actually needs a nerf because if you look at the stats it’s better then moonlord stuff! Then we have the fact that melee has two weapons (dear god why does melee get all the love) but you fixed that by adding two magic weapons and a summoner weapon, but then ranged and summoners get left out (summoners are already left out as it is) because they only get one! I suggest the summoners get a stationary summon and the rangers get a gun!

Back
Top Bottom