Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: Mechanic Vanity and Drops!

yEs?

• YeS!!!!!

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • HmMmMm...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work on DIS: ________

• hA NoPE

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, we all know the mechanic. A cool NPC that sells us tone of useful resources for creating really neat mechanisms. However, the mechanic doesn't actually have a Halloween costume or a special weapon, so I am here to introduce those!

Mechanic's Set Equipped.png
Mechanic Vanity Set: Sold on Halloween.
Giant Wrench.png
Giant Wrench (vanity accessory, 4 Gold),
Mechanic's Jacket.png
Mechanic's Shirt (vanity shirt, 3 Gold),
Mechanic's Overalls.png
Mechanic's Overalls (vanity pants, 3 Gold).

Boomewrench.png
Boomewrench: 12.5% drop chance from the Mechanic, behaves like a boomerang and does 20 melee damage. Has a knockback level of 8 and a velocity of 11. Sells for 1 gold.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Excellent sprite work and you have presented sound ideas here, keep up the great work!

Only thing concerning me here is the name of the leg piece for the vanity. I wouldn't call them overalls, since an overall is supposed to cover the body and some of the legs. Because of this, it should be renamed to something like boots, leggings, or stompers.

Excellent sprite work and you have presented sound ideas here, keep up the great work!

Only thing concerning me here is the name of the leg piece for the vanity. I wouldn't call them overalls, since an overall is supposed to cover the body and some of the legs. Because of this, it should be removed to something like boots, leggings, or stompers.
I decided to call then Overalls because in the mechanic's sprite (and in my sprite kinda) they appear to be overalls covering a good portion of the chest and supported over the arms (
Mechanic.png
) Thanks for the feedback though!

It might be possible to combine the Boomewrench and Giant Wrench into the same item- just like how the Leaf Blower and Heat Ray give you a backpack while you have them selected.

Overall (heh) it looks simple and clean enough to add without any trouble, so I’d say why not?

Oh, and the mechanic is actually wearing yellow overalls with a red undershirt, so the vanity should be made a one-piece vanity like the Gypsy Robe. She’s not actually wearing a jacket.

It might be possible to combine the Boomewrench and Giant Wrench into the same item- just like how the Leaf Blower and Heat Ray give you a backpack while you have them selected.

Overall (heh) it looks simple and clean enough to add without any trouble, so I’d say why not?

Oh, and the mechanic is actually wearing yellow overalls with a red undershirt, so the vanity should be made a one-piece vanity like the Gypsy Robe. She’s not actually wearing a jacket.
Ah ok, I see now. I just think it works better as two pieces still. Thanks though!

Back
Top Bottom