Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare you say such a thing to our lords and saviors?!

Nah, I'm just messing. Have a little patience, they're working very hard on this. They're not superhumans, give them time.

Yup. September was never confirmed.
As for Chippy, he’s just a speculator. It’s not that he’s a scam, he just uses the info we’re given. However, you shouldn’t take anything he says as official. He’s not associated we Re-Logic.

If anything Chippy would be considered a broadcaster for Terraria news and updates. If things are confirmed he usually lets people know. Same with Happydays and Pedguin. HERO used to be but I guess he lost his spark for Terraria and I've never heard Yrimir's voice so I wouldn't know. I think the delay isn't actually a delay but a placeholder for the time frame of release. Basically an estimate.

Last edited:
It is funny how Terraria was shown in original Nintendo Switch presentation - even before Switch release - as coming to Switch in 2017. It was then shown in another Nintendo presentation as coming in 2018. Now, in yet another Nintendo presentation, it is a 2019 game. Whomever in Re-Logic/Pipeworks is responsible for estimating release dates must be pretty bad at his job. I understand that game development is somewhat unpredictable, but it doesn't explain 2 years of delay.

I think this is a big step to getting closer from old mobile to pc. I think this will become difficult to non pc players on mobile, getting used to this new setup. It seems great but i know some people who dont play on the pc version unlike me who are gonna het screwed by this.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo! they said september you guys are worse than niantic!
So i heared some gamedevelopment's time 70% about nothing. But here's that 70% developing other platfors new, but little update. So we just wait for that update play on pc (if you have). Good chat for everybody! `:happy:

This thread is beginning to look like the PS4/XB1 announcement thread. People were always complaining about how the devs never announced anything and left us in the dark for a long time. Eventually a couple people told others to $&@! off and kill themselves just because they were upset the update wasn’t out. We aren’t there yet, so let’s keep it that way.

Oh! im so Excited

#BlcakFaded

Attachments

• ee6240fb68320ea726482b6caece87cb.jpg
    ee6240fb68320ea726482b6caece87cb.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 123
If we could, we would!

Hello. Please could you kindly, at least, provide the year? For instance, according to the official website of Nintendo, Terraria will be released there only in 2019 (http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Terraria-1424601.html) - given that it is not the first time that the date (now - year) was moved, I doubt that it will be released earlier. Having said that, also it would make more sense to release it there first - this will guarantee more money, as you can charge more, as well as some people on mobile already have the game (and obviously there is no need to buy twice). There was a lot of talk about a unified code, so I would assume that as soon as it is ready then it will be released on both platforms - meaning that mobile will not come earlier than Switch (since you could then release on Switch as well the same time).

The question beginning now if there is any point to start playing the game now? My concern is having to start off again fresh after the update/reset? Also, any comments on iCloud saving issue - some saves getting lost/not possible to access them? Am I better off saving locally? If so, how can I keep a definite back up (especially if I need to reinstall for any reason)? I am on iOS (iPad).

Appreciated! Checking this everyday.

They can't give a release date because one isn't set yet. Nintendo's date is more like a placeholder and probably shouldn't be taken at face value. Until we hear from Pipeworks about it we have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom