tModLoader Begone, Evil! (Disable Corruption Spread)

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
SMfbBo9.png

Begone, Evil! (Disable Corruption Spread)
Latest Download:
Mod Browser (in-game) - Direct link - Alt download link

Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

This mod allows corruption spread to be toggled. By default, corruption spread will be disabled just by enabling this mod.

The setting is saved per world.

If you'd like to re-enable corruption spreading, you can use the Hero's Mod integration or a chat command to toggle the effect.

With Hero's Mod enabled, the "Toggle Corruption Spread" permission allows you to use the Toggle Corruption Spread button in the Extension Tools sub-menu.

In Chat or the Server console, the "/spread" command will toggle the effect. (just "spread" in the server console)

I'm pretty sure it works. If you are on Linux or Mac, let me know if you see "DisableCorruptionSpread patch success." in the Logs.txt.

Hero's Mod Integration
wgxgCGh.png

Toggle Corruption Spread on the Server Console.
MgPj87A.png

Issues:
  • Reports of items duplicating in chests have come in, not confirmed as a bug yet.
Changelog:

v1.1
  • Fix evil grass spreading
  • Prevent Demon Altar from spawning random tile of evil in the world
v1.0.1
  • icon
v1.0
  • Initial Release.

DisableCorruptionSpread.png

Last edited:
So you finally found a way. Thank you. Also does it stop hallow spread too?

So you finally found a way. Thank you. Also does it stop hallow spread too?
Yeah, and Crimson in case anyone wonders.

I might have missed something, but I left my computer running and confirmed that the toggle works, so I'm pretty sure it is working. If anyone notices anything not working I can look into it.

OH MY GOD, FINALLY! YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER, JOPOJELLY, A LIFE SAVER! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!

I don't know if this is a bug or something, but in my modpack world there's not the hallow, maybe it spawned in the jungle idk
Edit: Actually nevermind, i was wrong

Last edited:
Hi! Thank you for finally creating a mod for this! My friend and I play modded multiplayer on my server and tried this mod and it ended up not working. We both loaded it via tmodloader and disabled the spread via the chat, too. The mod not working might be because of the multiplayer aspect, but we're not sure.

I'm glad this mod exists, though! I'll deffo give it a try in solo mode in the future.

Edit: The mod kinda broke our world? It probably clashes with mods or the fact it's 2 people playing. It started duplicating items in chests, causing lost items and infinite stacks of blocks, lol. So I guess this mod is kind of unstable when playing in multiplayer. Single player mode still works fine. Bummer we didn't do a backup before trying the mod ):

Last edited:
Edit: The mod kinda broke our world? It probably clashes with mods or the fact it's 2 people playing. It started duplicating items in chests, causing lost items and infinite stacks of blocks, lol. So I guess this mod is kind of unstable when playing in multiplayer. Single player mode still works fine. Bummer we didn't do a backup before trying the mod ):
I can't imagine how this would happen, but I'll keep an eye out

Oh yeah, someone recently mentioned that corrupt grass spreading is not yet prevented by this mod. I'll update when I can, but users should be aware of that. Just place some stone to stop grass spreading.

I can't imagine how this would happen, but I'll keep an eye out

Oh yeah, someone recently mentioned that corrupt grass spreading is not yet prevented by this mod. I'll update when I can, but users should be aware of that. Just place some stone to stop grass spreading.

We figured out the problem; it was the latest version of the Recipe Browser that's causing the chest bug. It's a problem reported on Thursday by Pansophical in the recipe browser thread. So I assume this mod works just fine, sorry about that.

Does this disable the spawning of Corruption/Crimson blocks when you break altars? I'm trying to find a mod that does that...

Does this disable the spawning of Corruption/Crimson blocks when you break altars? I'm trying to find a mod that does that...
No, it could, but it doesn't matter since that spawns a single block in the world, and that block won't spread because of this mod.
Does this stop the spread of jungle/mushroom too?
No, people don't seem to care about that.

If you 2 really want those features, you can post here and I might get to it eventually: https://github.com/JavidPack/DisableCorruptionSpread/issues

this mod is amazing!! beside corruption & crimson, can this mod disable hallow spread too?

I have long waited for a mod that would accomplish this! I don't have to worry about he corruption devouring the jungle anymore!

I searched for a mod like this last time I was playing and couldn't believe there wasn't one, so thanks a ton for this, containing those biomes gets boring after a couple worlds.

Oh my god thank you. The spread of the underground Crimson/Corruption is genuinely my least favorite aspect of Terraria. I'm definitely going to have to get this mod whenever I get back around to playing the game.

Back
Top Bottom