One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy I got all the exclusive enemy banners before 1.3 came out. Plus the Ocram trophy. And I think the mask too. I can't remember if he has a mask or not .XD

Sorry to post in such an old thread, But I have a pitch for a way to revise ocram so he doesn't have to stay away forever.

New and Improved Ocram:
Replace the Destroyer on Crimson worlds, the Destroyer would be a corruption exclusive world.
Would drop the same souls as the destroyer
similar difficulty to the destroyer.
Appearance changed to look more like a mechanical Brain of Cthulhu.

I do hope One Terraria allows us to play together across platforms, so one dude plays on console, another on Switch, and one on PC. Someone pray for this stuff.
New and Improved Ocram:
Replace the Destroyer on Crimson worlds, the Destroyer would be a corruption exclusive world.
Would drop the same souls as the destroyer
similar difficulty to the destroyer.
Appearance changed to look more like a mechanical Brain of Cthulhu.
That'll just be called The Dominator, sort of. Nyeh, Ocram will be back sometime, somehow!

I think the removal of these things is for the best. Ocram doesn't fit in anymore. The weapons and armor aren't that good, and I really hate the console/mobile exclusive mobs interfering with normal spawns. The only thing I'll miss is the pets, but I'm sure they'll be back someday somehow.

I agree with you on one part. They really should remove the exclusive enemies like arch enemies and spectral enemies, but I love Ocram. He may not fit in, but that's why I like him. He is also really fun to battle. And the removal of pets will be sad. (Btw I'm talking about mobile)

Reactions: CSz
Please, dont get rid of Ocram. I've been there since he was first added. Please. I can beg.
[doublepost=1535688381,1535688219][/doublepost]
I agree with you on one part. They really should remove the exclusive enemies like arch enemies and spectral enemies, but I love Ocram. He may not fit in, but that's why I like him. He is also really fun to battle. And the removal of pets will be sad. (Btw I'm talking about mobile)
Plus, this is a world with giant gods from space, aliens, cults, literal demons and the wall version of Satan, a gaint worm, a scentient eye, zombies, flying islands, a dungeon and unicorns. How does ocram not fit in? Anything goes in terraria.
[doublepost=1535688775][/doublepost]Without Ocram, i feel like a hero without a villian. A Yin with no Yang. A bull fighter with no bull to fight. A gun with no bullets. A shoe with no sock. To put it simply, i feel like my world isnt complete without Ocram.

Please, dont get rid of Ocram. I've been there since he was first added. Please. I can beg.
[doublepost=1535688381,1535688219][/doublepost]
Plus, this is a world with giant gods from space, aliens, cults, literal demons and the wall version of Satan, a gaint worm, a scentient eye, zombies, flying islands, a dungeon and unicorns. How does ocram not fit in? Anything goes in terraria.
[doublepost=1535688775][/doublepost]Without Ocram, i feel like a hero without a villian. A Yin with no Yang. A bull fighter with no bull to fight. A gun with no bullets. A shoe with no sock. To put it simply, i feel like my world isnt complete without Ocram.
That's what Moon Lord is for. He's the ACTUAL final boss of Terraria made by the real team. It's the quality--not the concept--that makes Ocram stick out. Just like all of the pallette swapped enemies and resprited gear, it doesn't match the polish the rest of the game has. Maybe it was acceptable early on, but the rest of the game has improved, leaving the console exclusives looking cheap and lazy.

Ocram lacks a true menacing presence. I think if he had his own identity he'd be more relevant. As of right now he's nothing more than a more angry Eye of Cthulhu. I think IF he were reiterated I'd make him more like "Sinistar". More menacing. Give him a tractor beam style chomp that deals a metric ton of damage upon hit. The laser rain is cool but I think a bigger death ray would be better. He would need to be more of a threat rather than just a resprited Eye of Cthulhu. He's got potential as a boss but would need a complete overhaul. With the current end game armor..hell even 1.2 end game armor he's a pushover.

Ocram was good at his time, best drops for endgame. But as 1.2.4 rolled out, Ocram has to start retiring by then. Sweet Grandpa Ocram.

He was fun but the Moon Lord has him beat by a mile. That said he's still around in the older console versions. As far as I know he's also in the 3DS edition as well. Places he can still shine.

Please make cross platform playing a thing then I can play with all my friends that don’t have a Pc or have a laggy one. Also it would be nice if mobile and console could get tModLoader so we can play modded worlds together.

Please make cross platform playing a thing then I can play with all my friends that don’t have a Pc or have a laggy one. Also it would be nice if mobile and console could get tModLoader so we can play modded worlds together.
The problem is for cross-platform playing, we'll have to catch up to the current version (1.3.5 and eventually 1.3.6) and after that, updates will be longer until they can be released.

For the tML part, I don't think mobile phones can handle that thing, console still has a chance though :)

The problem is for cross-platform playing, we'll have to catch up to the current version (1.3.5 and eventually 1.3.6) and after that, updates will be longer until they can be released.

For the tML part, I don't think mobile phones can handle that thing, console still has a chance though :)
You think phones can't get modding because it simply can't handle tModLoader?
It's not about that at all. You need to understand what modding really is. You're taking the game's code and messing around with it.
Doing that on a console or phone is considered illegal by some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom