tModLoader Terraria Tweaks

Starting tools

• Replace iron tools back to copper tools

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Keep Iron tools

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters
This mod is a almost purely QoL mod which adds and changes many different small functions in the game

----------------------------------------------

> Starting Tools replaced with tungsten tools (except sword which is wooden now)
> +150 Wood blocks
> +15 Gel
> +10 Lesser Healing Potions
> +1 Reinforced Fishing Pole
> +15 Grasshopper

> Gem pickaxes!
20x any gem

> Extractination changes!
As you progress through the game (mostly hardmode)
Extractinated blocks now give more items such as hardmode ores
Slush/silt use time heavily decreased so its much faster to extractinate
also added recipe for silt and slush

(5x Stone 5x Dirt = 5 Silt)
(5x Ice 5x Snow = 5 Slush)

When in hardmode you get the hardmode ores.
After Plantera is dead you can get both Chlorophyte as well as
souls from the mechanical bosses
Desert fossils also include an increase to extractination speed but no crafting recipes for those, neither does it have any boosts to it's extractination rewards throughout hardmode.

> Two new town NPC!

The Retailer (Spawns after king slime is dead)
Sells many different things all throughout the game, gains more items as almost any boss from the vanilla game is defeated

The Accessory Dealer

Trades a bunch of accessories like informational, fishing and others
In hardmode it also gains a bunch of imunity accessories for ankh shield!

> Added defense to Pharao Set
Mask: 4 Defense
Robe: 6 Defense
No set bonus

> Craftable early hardmode weapons!

Bladetongue:
Soul of Night x15
Crimstone Block x25
Fiery Greatsword x1
Ichor x10

Toxikarp:
Soul of Night x15
Ebonstone Block x25
Ebonkoi x1
Cursed Flames x10

Crystal Serpent:
Soul of Light x 15
Pearlstone Block x25
Princess Fish x1

> Craftable Pedguin streamer set (Crafted at loom)
Hat: 10x silk 25x snow 25x ice
Shirt: 20x silk 25x snow 25x ice
Pants: 15x silk 25x snow 25x ice

> Craftable Sunfury
1x Blue moon
10x Hellstone Bar

> One new bar!
Enchanted Bar (You get 4 per craft)
Ruby x1
Sapphire x1
Tungsten / Silver bar x4
Used to craft Enchanted Sword or Enchanted Boomerang

> The Undertaker from crimson hearts buffed, use time decreased by 2 and its now auto reuse and 5 damage added

> Nettle burst and Crystal Vile shard buffed as they were terrible items before
Crystal Vile Shard - Damage changed to nettle burst's damage
Nettle burst - Damage buffed to 40 instead of 28

> Some crafting recipe things

Dart rifle and dart pistol can be changed between each other at an anvil

Slap hand now craftable (at mythril anvil)
Feral claws x1
Soul of Light x10
Light Shard x1

> Plantera now drops Chlorophyte
In quantities of up to 175 ore

> Craftable demon/crimson altar that spawn ore!
25x any evil biome stone block, 5x Soul of Night

> Also adds a few neat accessories that I think fit into the game
Sharckle:
Shark tooth necklac + Shackle

Flesh Sharckle:
Sharckle + Flesh knuckles

Putrid Sharckle:
Sharckle + Putrid Scent

Firespark Boots:
Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders

Dungeon Guardian Summoner:
99x bone = Dungeon Caller when standing at anvil

PLANNED CHANGES

????????

????????

Give any suggestions in the commets!

Last edited:
I can think of several reasons to include increased extraction speed to dessert fossils. For sturdy fossils, modded throwing class playthroughs, amber staff for early pre-hardmode mages, easier grinding for the rediculously rare dinosaur pet, you still get ore and money from it, and the higher chance for amber. What reasons are there neglect fossils, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
I can think of several reasons to include increased extraction speed to dessert fossils. For sturdy fossils, modded throwing class playthroughs, amber staff for early hardmode mages, easier grinding for the rediculously rare dinosaur pet, you still get ore and money from it, and the higher chance for amber. What reasons are there neglect fossils, if you don't mind me asking?
I guess I will add that then, thanks for the feedback

this mod is amazing!! every one of my dreamed tweaks are here.....
Thanks it means a lot to see someone enjoy my mod, if you have any ideas, I'm up for any ideas! I don't really know what more to do except a few small things that aren't very neccessary I of course have a few things i want to polish / fix like the firespark boots, those are kind of a mess

So I encountered a bug when trying to load TerrariaTweaks with the Recipe Browser. It would always disable the Recipe browser, saying that there was an error when loading the recipes for recipe browser. I think you need to look over the coding and see if there's something that conflicts with the mods. I, and any others who have encountered this, would greatly appreciate it.

Code:
        public override void SetupStartInventory(IList<Item> items)
        {
            items.RemoveAt(2);
            items.RemoveAt(1);
            items.RemoveAt(0);
Assuming that no other mod has messed with the inventory before you got to it is error prone. You'll want to check that you are actually removing the correct items from the list.

using System.Linq;

and then

int[] defaultItems = new int[] { 3507, 3509, 3506 };
(items as List<Item>).RemoveAll(x => defaultItems.Contains(x.type));

Hey, I think the copper tools are well balanced, seeing you replace them as early as day one.
Also, I play with MANY other mods, and I usually have a couple recipes for items, such as the Enchanted Sword, and the Enchanted Boomerang is something you almost ALWAYS get sometime during a spelunking session.
Other than that, love this mod.

Hey, I think the copper tools are well balanced, seeing you replace them as early as day one.
Also, I play with MANY other mods, and I usually have a couple recipes for items, such as the Enchanted Sword, and the Enchanted Boomerang is something you almost ALWAYS get sometime during a spelunking session.
Other than that, love this mod.
I get that many other mods have recipes for enchanted sword and boomerang I also understand that the copper tools are quite balanced but I don't think some extra speed at the start hurts, thank you a lot for your feedback and I will now make a poll whether to keep the iron tools or replace them back to copper tools

I have encountered a bug where enemies do tons more damage than they should (1 piranha did 280 damage in a single hit when I have 32 defense) and it only stopped happening after disabling this mod, the other mods I have installed are recipe browser, magic storage and thorium.

I have encountered a bug where enemies do tons more damage than they should (1 piranha did 280 damage in a single hit when I have 32 defense) and it only stopped happening after disabling this mod, the other mods I have installed are recipe browser, magic storage and thorium.
strange I'll test some stuff I don't see how this could possibly be a problem with my mod though as nothing in my mod ever specifies to change any form of damage of any mob, the only thing it changes is your defense stat with one of my accessories equipped which is an increase not decrease

EDIT: I did some testing and found no change in damage of any mob with or without my mod, with accessories from my mod and without. What other mods do you have?

I'm having an issue with the Dungeon Caller spawning a Dungeon Guardian who then immediately despawns. I've tried using it both in and out of the Dungeon with the same results. Could you please give some insight into how it's used? Thanks!

I'm having an issue with the Dungeon Caller spawning a Dungeon Guardian who then immediately despawns. I've tried using it both in and out of the Dungeon with the same results. Could you please give some insight into how it's used? Thanks!
Sorry for late reply but are you still having this issue? I've never encountered such a problem when testing it myself and it's just meant to spawn a dungeon guardian somewhere to either side of the screen, it's never despawned for me

Seems I don't get a pickaxe or axe when i spawn in with a new character. I get the Hammer and all the other starter items, just not the pickaxe or axe.

Edit: Of course after a made this post, it starts working again.

Last edited:
Seems I don't get a pickaxe or axe when i spawn in with a new character. I get the Hammer and all the other starter items, just not the pickaxe or axe.

Edit: Of course after a made this post, it starts working again.
I don't actually think this is my mod causing this besides if this is the only mod you're using, if you have any other mods that modify inventory it may be that mod replacing first 3 slots instead of just copper tools

If my mod is the only one you're using I have no clue why this would happen

I would absolutely love to see something about being able to spawn multiple of the same bosses at the same time. it would decrease grinding so much.

Back
Top Bottom