Console Massive New Terraria 1.3 PS4 & Xbox One Patch Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came back and reinstalled the game for this update, just to see how the menus looked. At least they don’t blink now. Still a confusing, cumbersone trainwreck though, so I uninstalled again. Maybe someday.

Yes it was empty except for the keys of course.
Perhaps you took the Keys to a world that is still pre-hardmode?

If you're in a hardmode world, and you place one Key (not more) into a chest with nothing else in it, close the chest, and the Mimic doesn't spawn, I'd suggest sending a bug report in using the preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html Be sure to include as much detail as possible, such as screenshots of your inventory and gear. Adding a video is super helpful as well.

Perhaps you took the Keys to a world that is still pre-hardmode?

If you're in a hardmode world, and you place one Key (not more) into a chest with nothing else in it, close the chest, and the Mimic doesn't spawn, I'd suggest sending a bug report in using the preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html Be sure to include as much detail as possible, such as screenshots of your inventory and gear. Adding a video is super helpful as well.
No it was in Hardmode as well. Also went out of the chest and it didn't spawn.Also I did report it to the bug reporter. I was asking if anyone else experienced this as well.Hopefully I don't sound like I'm being rude. If I am, I'm sorry.

No it was in Hardmode as well. Also went out of the chest and it didn't spawn.Also I did report it to the bug reporter. I was asking if anyone else experienced this as well.Hopefully I don't sound like I'm being rude. If I am, I'm sorry.
No problem @ZomaBoy1920, glad to hear that you sent it in through the bug report form. :)

The only thing is since I'm on my PS4 , I can't put screenshots nor can I put videos so the only things I put were my info and what the bug was.

My xbox doesn't take screenshots, either, and while it will technically record clips it won't upload them. I use an actual camera or my phone camera for pictures and video

Does anyone have a problem where if you put a Key of Light or Night in any chest the Mimics won't spawn in? Or is it just my game?
I can confirm this bug. Key of Light/Night in a otherwise empty Chest doesn't work in Expert mode worlds. It do work in normal mode worlds though.
24-09-2018_19-27-40.png
Edit: I have reported it as well. :)

Last edited:
I can confirm this bug. Key of Light/Night in a otherwise empty Chest doesn't work in Expert mode worlds. It do work in normal mode worlds though.
View attachment 210122
Edit: I have reported it as well. :)
Ahh, thanks for the confirmation r4v1n6. Good to know that it'll work in Normal, but not Expert worlds.

The only thing is since I'm on my PS4 , I can't put screenshots nor can I put videos so the only things I put were my info and what the bug was.
I'm just going to put this out there.

There is a Share button on the PS4 controller to get screenshots and clips. The saved screenshots and clips can be found in the storage menu of the console's settings. From there you can transfer the desired screenshot or clip to a USB drive to transfer to a PC.

There is a Share button on the PS4 controller to get screenshots and clips. The saved screenshots and clips can be found in the storage menu of the console's settings. From there you can transfer the desired screenshot or clip to a USB drive to transfer to a PC.
That's not what I meant. I meant that I cannot put screenshots into the bug reporter site.I knew there was a SHARE Button.
[doublepost=1537844546,1537844403][/doublepost]

Also I don't have a PC.

Mine was also in a Normal Mode world.
Hmm, when I re-tried it in a Normal mode world it didn't work either until the 3rd try. After that it didn't work for several tries. When I re-tried in a Expert mode world I got it to work after several tries. It took several tries to get it to work a second time.

So it seems I was wrong about it only working in Normal mode worlds. There's seems to be a random component that determines whether it works or not.

Hmm, when I re-tried it in a Normal mode world it didn't work either until the 3rd try. After that it didn't work for several tries. When I re-tried in a Expert mode world I got it to work after several tries. It took several tries to get it to work a second time.

So it seems I was wrong about it only working in Normal mode worlds. There's seems to be a random component that determines whether it works or not.
You're ok. Everyone makes mistake(I don't know what to exactly say.Sorry if it makes no sense.)

Nice job!
[doublepost=1538065345,1538065162][/doublepost] You guys do a lot fast.
[doublepost=1538065430][/doublepost]
I never had any problem spawning corrupt/crimson/hallowed mimics in my game
Aren't they an enemy that spawns naturally? How exactly do you force them to spawn?

Nice job!
[doublepost=1538065345,1538065162][/doublepost] You guys do a lot fast.
[doublepost=1538065430][/doublepost]
Aren't they an enemy that spawns naturally? How exactly do you force them to spawn?

They do spawn naturally. Every time I use my underground Hallow elemental farm I inevitably have several of the annoying things jumping up trying to eat me. Hang around in the hardmode Hallow, Crimson, or Corruption, aboveground or underground, long enough and they'll spawn eventually. Especially annoying when you're in a confined space and have no room to dodge. Very helpfully, though, if you have a lifeform analyzer, R.E.K. 3000, or cell phone, it will tell you when a naturally-spawned one is lurking about. Just look for an especially large, weird-looking chest.

Otherwise, put a Key of Light or Key of Night into an empty wooden chest and hope this spawn glitch doesn't screw you over

Last edited:
Awesome news! Big thanks to the community and QA testers and programmers and everyone else involved. :)
Hi loki, I dont want to bother you but I couldnt find a definitive answer on google, but I was wondering in 1.3.4 is out on xbox one already and if not do you have a general idea of when it will be?

Hi loki, I dont want to bother you but I couldnt find a definitive answer on google, but I was wondering in 1.3.4 is out on xbox one already and if not do you have a general idea of when it will be?
Only 1.3 is currently here, not 1.3.1 or anything above. The priority right now is releasing Terraria for the switch and getting 1.3 on mobile. After that, the focus will be to continue updating console (without forgetting about other platforms, of course).

* Fixed a bug-
* Fixed a bug-
* Fixed a bug-

You fixed a lot of bugs.

PS. Did you fix the error where Multiplayer worlds will override your own personal worlds? It happened to me when I played a new(ish) world (post skeletron,pre WOF) my gf's world. When I exited normally, my main personal worlds had her worlds. This may be because I can sign into her account and Terraria has/had a hard time syncing properly.

I'm just askin tho. :p

* Fixed a bug-
* Fixed a bug-
* Fixed a bug-

You fixed a lot of bugs.

PS. Did you fix the error where Multiplayer worlds will override your own personal worlds? It happened to me when I played a new(ish) world (post skeletron,pre WOF) my gf's world. When I exited normally, my main personal worlds had her worlds. This may be because I can sign into her account and Terraria has/had a hard time syncing properly.

I'm just askin tho. :p

The world overwrite bug was fixed by February or March as far as I know... It was one of the first things they fixed in the first bug fix patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom