tModLoader Mod Helpers

The mod crashes terraria every time I open my inventory, and I know it is this mod. (I turned of EVERY other mod) HELP??
Does your Logs.txt say anything? Are you using any other inventory mods? Have you tried disabling them?

Does your Logs.txt say anything? Are you using any other inventory mods? Have you tried disabling them?
1: log:
Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.DrawToMap_Section(Int32 secX, Int32 secY)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

2: As I said before, I tested with no other mods

1: log:
Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.DrawToMap_Section(Int32 secX, Int32 secY)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

2: As I said before, I tested with no other mods
Do you mind sending me your player character and world file?

1: It could be character?
2: I keep modding world gen, and as such I keep making worlds, and this issue occurs every time

Attachments

• Quethed.plr
    2.2 KB · Views: 152
File extension not supported
Just tryed with an alternate character, it still happens with no mods installed
With no mods installed? Not even mine?

Sounds like a bad TML installation. You'll want to refer to the TML thread for help.

Also, for future reference, you can post .tplr files by wrapping them in a .zip file.

File extension not supported
Just tryed with an alternate character, it still happens with no mods installed

With no mods installed? Not even mine?

Sounds like a bad TML installation. You'll want to refer to the TML thread for help.

Also, for future reference, you can post .tplr files by wrapping them in a .zip file.
lol, my wording sounds wrong, I meant no OTHER mod than yours. ...PS: lol me

lol, my wording sounds wrong, I meant no OTHER mod than yours. ...PS: lol me
Can you send me both a sample .tplr file and your Mod Helpers Config.json? Also, try deleting and re-downloading the mod from the mod browser.

I'll be seeking a way to debug these annoying SpriteBatch errors more generally, since they're quite common with others' mods, and they don't tell jack about the errors that cause them.

Can you send me both a sample .tplr file and your Mod Helpers Config.json? Also, try deleting and re-downloading the mod from the mod browser.

I'll be seeking a way to debug these annoying SpriteBatch errors more generally, since they're quite common with others' mods, and they don't tell jack about the errors that cause them.
I have already attempted to delete and redownload, it is part of how I figured out that something else might be the issue, but I like your thinking with config.
I also decided to upload as many files as possible

Attachments

• Mod Helpers Mod Info.zip
    353.1 KB · Views: 132
I have already attempted to delete and redownload, it is part of how I figured out that something else might be the issue, but I like your thinking with config.
I also decided to upload as many files as possible
I was not able to replicate this, still. Maybe my WIP version fixed the issue? You'll have to wait for it to come out, though.

Try this version and see if you get any noticeable difference or error messages (via. Logs.txt).
It somehow worked RandomScreenshot.jpg

Is there any way to disable the tags listing in the mod browser? I checked the config and thought that setting "IsCheckingModTags" to false would work, but it didn't help at all.

Is there any way to disable the tags listing in the mod browser? I checked the config and thought that setting "IsCheckingModTags" to false would work, but it didn't help at all.
That only disables the server call to load tag data. I hadn't yet implemented the UI toggling. I'll do so shortly.

So after starting a new modded instance using Mod Helpers, I was able to move around fine, until I opened my inventory then moved my mouse up toward the MH Control Panel Icon to figure out what it is. My game crashed with this error, and then repeatedly crashes every time I load into the world, even after disabling the control panel (and everything else I could disable from MH) in the config.

Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersPlayer.ProcessTriggers(TriggersSet triggers_set) in C:\Users\Spinach\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\HamstarHelpers\ModHelpersPlayer.cs:line 171
   at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.ProcessTriggers(Player player, TriggersSet triggersSet)
   at Terraria.GameInput.TriggersSet.CopyInto(Player p)
   at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
   at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
My Logs file is literally just 3 lines talking about how translations have been loaded, so that's no help.
Not sure if it's of note, but my username is not Spinach, and Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\...etc. is also not the location I have any of this installed.
Which seems pretty darn strange.

Anyway, mod list:
AStar Pathfinding 1.0.1.1
AccessoriesReworked 1.0.2
Ammo Switcher 1.0.1
Ammobox+ 1.4.4.1
Auto Trash 0.3.1
Banner Bonanza 1.1
Better Buffs 1.2.1.2
Better take a Power Tool 1.5.0.1
Boss Assistance 0.0.1.1
Boss Checklist 0.1.6.1
Bouncy Coins 0.1.3.2
Box of Gadgets 0.1.0.2
Capitalism 1.4.2.1
Compact UI 0.1
Craftable Lunar Tools 0.1.2
DALib 1.2.1
Death Screen Countdown 0.15
Dye Easy 1.7
Elemental Boots 2.0.5
Enemy Affixes 1.0.4.1
Enhanced Tooltip 0.2.3
Even More Modifiers 0.1.2.3
Friendly NPCs Don't Die 1.1
Health and Mana from Bosses 1.1.2.1
Helpful Hotkeys 1.5.4.2
Idglib 2.2
Injury 2.0.4
Just another Alchemist NPC 2.3
Less Pillar Stuff 1.0
Luminite Hammers 0.1
Magic Storage 0.4.3.3
Melee To Throwing 1.2
Mod Helpers 3.1.0.2
Mod Settings Configurator 1.1
Moonstones 1.0.7
More Chest Loot 0.6
More Customization 0.1.0
More Dialogue 0.2
More Endless Ammo 1.0.0.1
More Mirrors 1.3
Ophioid 1.92
Recipe Browser 0.7
Reduced Grinding 4.31
Sprint 1.0.11
Stamina 2.0.5.1
Terraria Overhaul 3.0
TerrariaHooks 0.12
The Lunatic 1.3.1.1
The One Library 0.4.1
Vanilla Tweaks 2.9
Variable Potion Sickness 1.0.1.1
Vex's Hotkeys 1.0.0.1
Wing Slot 1.6.2
Wingless Flight 0.1.2
Wireless 1.5
World Expansion 1.0.2
Worldgen Previewer 0.2
Wormholes 1.8.1.1
Yet Another Boss Health Bar 1.3.2
imkSushi's Death Counters Mod 1.1.1

I should note the initial error when I went to check the MH Icon was Terraria Overhaul complaining about some time display error, but all errors since have been MH. I'm considering that it may be some kind of UI conflict between the two, but not sure, and Overhaul is so intensive I'm not sure if I can disable it to check, while if I disable MH it will force me to disable all the other mods I have that use it so that's not very helpful in determining the exact cause.

Speaking of Overhaul, it's the only mod I've seen with so many intrustive UI elements... Except for Mod Helpers. I'm sorry to say, but the tags list is immense and cluttered (and admittedly rather unpleasant to look at, but that's more an issue with Terraria's UI in general), with no way to disable it (yes I know you say you're going to add an option to disable it but that should have been an option from the moment it was implemented in a public build), the main menu UI text lines in the top right are almost the same length as the Overhaul ones, and are wholely unneccessary especially for what is supposed to be a library mod - I understand asking people to donate and check out your other mods, but that should be kept to the mod description (I don't much like that Overhaul does this either to be honest), and the Control Panel icon in the top left of the inventory menu is kind of distracting (and may conflict with WeaponOut's hide weapon icon location, I haven't tested yet) and also doesn't seem to be disableable without outright disabling the Control Panel. Also the Control Panel wouldn't even open when I pressed the hotkey (yes it was bound).
Yes, I'm being nitpicky, but I would be fine with all this if it wasn't in a library mod that a ton of other mods need to even function. Libraries should be minimally-intrusive and lightweight- two things which Hamstar's Helpers used to be when I used it in the past. I urge you to please move the clutter like the tagging system, control panel button (maybe not the hotkey, although if the Control Panel is what I think it is, it would make more sense to just use Mod Settings Configurator or something for consistency), and other features which aren't necessary for mods which need HH/MH into a new, seperate mod. The concepts behind all these things are cool (and I see more neat ideas in the config like the Privileged User, the Mod Locking, Mod Reccommendations, etc.) but they really don't belong in a "dependency mod", or at the very least shouldn't be enabled by default.
That way, you can experiment and add all you like without potentially compromising the core functionality that so many mods rely on. (Which has happened at least once judging by the number of errors people have been getting in the last few months.)

Note: I don't mean to sound rude, sorry if I came across that way. I'm just rather annoyed that I can't get all this stuff working together, when during the first 5 minutes of gameplay everything seemed fine before it all crumbled and now won't even start for no apparent reason and it's 3 AM and ugh. Also cluttered, distracting UIs are a pain especially when trying to troubleshoot. I am still considering going through and tagging a bunch of mods though because improper or missing tags are something that bothers me even more than awkward UI design. Frankly the tagging system should be part of tModLoader's browser. Actually heck, the browser needs a lot more filtering options, like filtering by what mods need a specific mod as a dependency. The mod description area should have multiple columns and sections for basic descriptions and some more in-depth descriptions and maybe even images, and you shouldn't need to go to the description page to delete a mod from your install and auuugh tModLoader's UI design drives me up the wall but that's irrelevant. Agh.I need to sleep..

I haven't replicated that ProcessTriggers error yet, but I'll add some failsafes shortly (see v3.1.0.3).

You can disable all UI components via. config options. The 'clutter' is not really something I know of a good way to solve, given the use of having mod tags all visible up front for either searching, viewing, or adjusting. I opted not to put them in a scrollable box, therefore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom