tModLoader Magic Storage

@blushiemagic I was wondering about the mod and the... 1200 buggy limit the storage has? was there going to be any Fix for this bug to allow for more then that? or will we just have to stick with the 1200 max chest limit and make multiple sets of chests? The reason i bring this up is because in my last playthrough i found that there were errors with chests that were over 1200 in items and i found certain items disappeared after the error. i don't mind if i have to use multiple sets, eventually the sets will become only a few storage boxes anyways with the upgrades.

@blushiemagic I was wondering about the mod and the... 1200 buggy limit the storage has? was there going to be any Fix for this bug to allow for more then that? or will we just have to stick with the 1200 max chest limit and make multiple sets of chests? The reason i bring this up is because in my last playthrough i found that there were errors with chests that were over 1200 in items and i found certain items disappeared after the error. i don't mind if i have to use multiple sets, eventually the sets will become only a few storage boxes anyways with the upgrades.

It isn't that there's some sort of cap on storage space, it's that the world is made in "chunks" similar to Minecraft. If there is too much information to load within one of these "chunks", the game will simply choose to not load it. Spreading your storage blocks out, and connecting them with the connectors, will prevent related bugs.

It isn't that there's some sort of cap on storage space, it's that the world is made in "chunks" similar to Minecraft. If there is too much information to load within one of these "chunks", the game will simply choose to not load it. Spreading your storage blocks out, and connecting them with the connectors, will prevent related bugs.
is there a suggested number of clusters of chests? or number of connectors to prevent bugs with going over 1200?

Edit: i also never said that there was a cap, just that its buggy when there's over 1200 different items in the chest.

Is there controller support planned for the future? Using the left and right triggers to try to move onto the interface doesn't do anything, I can't move there no matter what I do. Switching to a keyboard/mouse isn't possible due to the way that we're running the game (Two copies on one computer with what is basically splitscreen) so I don't know if it's this mod that needs to add functionality to it, or perhaps another mod that could. Also, for some reason, the player on the keyboard can't search anything. We're unable to type anything into the search bar.

I have a huge problem on my hands. When I loaded up my magic storage world, I noticed that the whole magic storage structure as well as an arena built from scaffolding platforms from the Builder’s Toolbox were gone. I haven’t seen a similar situation to this in a single-player world before. I’ve tried enabling, updating and disabling my mods but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

There's a problem with the mod. In a Multiplayer server, the mod wouldn't work, placing a storage heart alone, you'd be able to access it, however placing it next to any storage unit would stop it from being accessible, using connectors wouldn't work as well. And with the storage units, right clicking would prevent your character from moving at all.

I tried it out in single player and it worked perfectly, however, as soon as I launch the world with Multiplayer, the entire chunk the system was placed it would disappear. Is anyone experiencing this or just me?

Mods I have are :
Thorium
Infinity
imkSushi
MagicStorage
Another Boss Healthbar
RecipeBrowser
LuiAfk
InstantRespawn
BossChecklist
Cheat Sheet

Keep getting this crash, at first I thought it was the 1200 stack issue or some variation, but it CTD's when I open it with 720 stacks and nothing stored.
Love Magic Storage and how useful it is, but this sh*t is gunna get it removed from my mod list.

Magic Storage Error.png

Update: Ok, so nvm. I'm either an idiot or I'm just having trouble getting it to trigger all of a sudden. I updated the mod and it still CTD'ed when I put up the initial post, but now I've gone back into the game, I'm assuming it's reloaded the mods, including the newer version of this. Now I can't get it to crash; even with 2080 stacks. So.... fixed? -crosses fingers-

... Nope, just did it again while I was starting to move things over into the system.

Last edited:
I think, that i have issue with Magic Storage, but doesn't crash, so why causes this error ? Happens, when i use search or whatever, even craft. To store items normally without any problems.

Screens are there:

B0C64F983D70649ADDDCDE4656EC1C352AB5B8CC

37F4D85C56C6771944CDC39620BB9437D7971712

I'm using these mods:

1 - Calamity
2 - Thorium
3 - Spirit
4 - Tremor Remastered
5 - MaxStackPlus v3.2
6 - Recipe Browser v0.7
7 - No More Tombs v1.0.1
8 - Yet Another Boss Health Bar
9 - Magic Storage
10 - Boss Checklist

Attachments

• Logs.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 133
Whoa... Is there anyone using this mod that ISN'T having problems? oo;;

I'm using the mod with Thorium, Antiaris, Boss Checklist, and Recipe Browser. So far I haven't run into any issues, even on multiplayer, but after reading this thread I'm starting to worry...

I'm using the mod with Thorium, Antiaris, Boss Checklist, and Recipe Browser. So far I haven't run into any issues, even on multiplayer, but after reading this thread I'm starting to worry...

My only problem is the lack of controller support, which I still don't know if that's because of Terraria itself or the Magic Storage menu not acting as a "Menu" to be able to switch to from controller, and occasionally an error that goes away pretty quickly.

This is the first time I've had a problem with this mod, when it works normally, it's sexy af. Couldn't recommend it more.
Atm, the issue I'm having with it makes it completely unusable, so I just have the normal chest array and chucked all my connectors and such in a chest till this gets sorted.
Bet that as soon as my issue gets sorted, I'm setting up my Magic Storage network.

How does one get the radiant jewel for the remote access thingy? Neither google searches nor the recipe browser give me any clues

whenever I open a storage heart and move my cursor over the ui, the game crashes. I patched my game with terraria patcher and have tried disabling all of the plugins, to no avail. Latest crash log below:

9/25/2018 6:37:20 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.RenderBackground()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

I have a problem, I saved the game when I finished playing, but when I went in now, my magic storage chests disappeared, I tried to enter with the last save, where the chests were still there ... but when I entered the chests there were also disappeared

Back
Top Bottom