Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
I think the jungle should not be immune to crimson/corruption/hallowed, but the spread should be slowed when a mechanical boss or Plantera is defeated. If a dirt block is surrounded by 2 or more jungle grass, I think it should convert the dirt to mud. This way, if your jungle is contaminated, you can clear the corruption/crimson/hallowed with a clemtaminator or purification powder, you can just plant a few jungle grass seed on some mud at the edge of where the jungle was.

I think the jungle should not be immune to crimson/corruption/hallowed, but the spread should be slowed when a mechanical boss or Plantera is defeated. If a dirt block is surrounded by 2 or more jungle grass, I think it should convert the dirt to mud. This way, if your jungle is contaminated, you can clear the corruption/crimson/hallowed with a clemtaminator or purification powder, you can just plant a few jungle grass seed on some mud at the edge of where the jungle was.
It actually does slow after Plantera, significantly.

Or if it was made so that the jungle could be corrupted but it didn't destroy the biome. So instead of going from jungle to corruption/crimson/hollow it went to corrupted jungle, a hollow jungle, or a crimson jungle. That way we would keep the jungle exclusive items and content but the world corruptions could still spread freely.

Or if it was made so that the jungle could be corrupted but it didn't destroy the biome. So instead of going from jungle to corruption/crimson/hollow it went to corrupted jungle, a hollow jungle, or a crimson jungle. That way we would keep the jungle exclusive items and content but the world corruptions could still spread freely.
I also have always thought the same, and dirt corruptable

I also have always thought the same, and dirt corruptable
I meant in that the world evils wouldn't convert mud to dirt. It would just convert the jungle grass on the mud into a jungle variation of the given world evil

I meant in that the world evils wouldn't convert mud to dirt. It would just convert the jungle grass on the mud into a jungle variation of the given world evil
I did say that. I was also saying that for how much dirt you find, it cannot be corrupted.

There was actually a thread regarding a possible tool akin to the clemtaminator that changed mud blocks to dirt and vice versa, also proposed a "seed spreader" which i imagine might function similar to the staff of regrowth...
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-new-biome-creating-tools.60815/#post-1434054

Although now i look at it properly you could just introduce a jungle solution and enable it, and dark blue solution to convert dirt blocks, like red, purple and blue solutions do to mud... That would actually make the most sense, i cant see why it can be converted one way but not the other with the same device.

This idea is fantastic, I would love if jungles could be corrupted in a different way, and a easier way to be cleansed. Despite this, I doubt it will ever happen because of the workload. That would require 4 different sets of blocks, enemies, and loot. Like I said, good idea, but probably won't work in execution.

I want corrupt/crimson jungles, but no hallow. Keep hallow out of the jungle. And the corrupt/crimson jungles should just have the normal corrupt/crimson enemies and corrupt/crimson variants of the jungle enemies.

I love the idea that the jungle could be converted without getting destroyed! I literally had to surround by Jungles with Hallows just to evade its demise! But if an update like this came, they would turn my Jungles into an awesome, adorable, HAMSTER FOREST! Lol! Yes, I love hamsters. If I made a mod/update like this then the hallowed jungle would have hamster themed enemies. They are...

Cute Buddy: a small dwarf hamster with the Slime AI
Syrian: an overgrown Syrian Hamster with the Unicorn AI
Winged Fuzzy: a winged, overgrown Syrian Hamster with the Harpy AI
Fuzz Feather: the projectiles that the Winged Fuzzy fires. It looks like a feather with whiskers

All hamsters are guaranteed to drop 3-10 Cute Fur, which can be used to craft the Cute Soul (recipe: 20 Cute Fur and 1 Soul from each Mechanical boss) which summons a pet hamster. The hamster emits such a bright glow that it's tooltip literally is "His/Her cuteness blinds you!" The tooltip depends apon the player's gender, calling the hamster as opposite gender as the player.

They also have a chance to drop Blessed Apple because they are Hallow enemies.

*sorry for long post*

Yea, it really does need to be protected, considering it could be lost to crimson and corruption. i agree with mixed biomes, not no corruptible jungle

I think that crimson or corruption should be able to take over the jungle, But it should not be Irriversible. Either corrupt/crimson grass should grow on mud, or there should be a soulution to spray that turns dirt into mud.

Back
Top Bottom