tModLoader Potion Charms

Gortart

Terrarian
Potion Charms adds various items that provides potion effect by sitting in the inventory and without eating up all the buff slots.

You can download Potion Charms by searching it on the mod browser or from github.
This mod will no longer receive content update. For more contents visit here for more information.

Items

EnchantedCharm.png
Enchanted Charm. The merchant sells it for 10 gold. Right click while holding an enchantment to upgrade it. Requires autopause off.
BlankRune.png
Blank Rune. The merchant sells it for 3 gold. Can be crafted into various enchantments.
Archery.png
Builder.png
Endurance.png
*something* Enchantment. Does nothing on its own. Feed it to the Enchanted Charm for it to work.

Features
1. Toggleable effects
Mod Demo.png

This mod features 48 toggleable options for effects. The buttons all have hover text to help the player to figure out what it does.
The order is vanilla potions, well fed, flask, 4 station buffs and 5 "arena" buffs.
All vanilla flask effects can be cycled through, but it is locked behind tier upgrades.
Right click to cycle flask effects backwards. Shift-left or Shift-right click to clear the flask effect.
Advanced battle/calm is accessible after you upgrade your charm with corresponding enchantment.
Every effect except flask effect is on by default.
You have to have corresponding enchantment in your charm for it to actually work.

2. Mod compatibility in mind
This mod assumes that other mods know what they are doing and respect that. Having a buff immunity will deny the player from receiving the effect of that buff.
E.g. Tank combination from alchemist npc mod grants immunity to vanilla buffs. This mod respects that and won't grant additional max health, defense etc.
E.g. If some mod were to add "advanced archery potion" and that buff grants immunity to archery potion effect, this mod will respect that and won't grant archery potion effect.
It also supports most custom damage types from popular mods. Currently it supports thorium, enigma, battle rods and DBZ mod. No longer relevant because tmodloader added all damage.
Charm of infinity will grant buff from any potion with 20+ stacks. This includes potions from other mods.

Initial release
Fixed charm of hunter not being used in charm of technology recipe.
Fixed various typos.
Fixed charm of obsidian and its derivatives not giving immunity to On Fire! debuff like vanilla obsidian skin potion.
Added a toggle for honey effect. This controls the entire honey effect.
Made the honey toggle actually work.
Fixed some items having 20000 height and making themselves disappear when thrown.
Fixed charm of feast and charm of tipsy stacking with their buff counterpart.
The toggle UI now moves down if the screen is too narrow.
Added recipe for sharpening station(15 wood, 10 obsidian and 5 iron bars)
Fixed charm of technology only accepting iron bars and not lead bars.
Added custom damage/crit support for thorium(symphonic, radiant), enigma(mystic), battle rods(bobber) and DBZ mod(ki). (code adapted from DBZ mod.)
Moved custom damage support to All Damage mod.
tModLoader - All Damage(Mod compatibility mod)
Download this mod if you want to use this mod with thorium/enigma/battle rods/dbz mod.
Added charm of infinity.
Changed recipe for charm of arcaneness and charm of evil.
Charm of infinity no longer tries to apply pet buffs.
Charm of infinity now scans all 3 of portable storages for buff potions.
Charm of infinity now works with ammos.
Fixed slot-fighting bug from charm of infinity.
This is the last version of potion charms v1. Potion charms v2 will make breaking changes.
You can download this version from attached file.
Anyone is allowed to freely decompile and change it. I will no longer support it.

(ok last one)
Removed leftover debug message.
Overhauled crafting tree.
Now your charm grows as you feed it buff enchantments.
Removed every single charm from 1.5.3.1.
Added enchanted charm. You can buy this from the merchant with 10 gold.
Added blank rune. You can buy this from the merchant with 3 gold.
Added buff enchantments. Grab these and right click on the enchanted charm to apply the effects.
Buff enchantment no longer require potions, but rather themed materials.
Fixed water walking effect not working.
Now Enchanted Charm informs that it needs autopause off to properly absorb enchantments.
Fixed a typo.
Fixed enchanted charm tooltip.
Recall enchantment no longer revives dead players.
Warmth enchantment now shows up correctly in Enchanted Charm's tooltip.
Fixed an issue with crystal ball effect.
Now uses Player.allDamage and Player.GetWeaponCrit(Item, ref int) instead of using all damage mod which is deprecated now.
Added mod icon.
Fixed a bug where recalling back reveals the entire screen.
Migrated to tmodloader 0.11.5
Fixed a bug where thrown Enchanted Charm would lose all of its upgrades in multiplayer.
The mod now includes source code.
Added wormhole enchantment.
Fixed a bug where recalling back reveals the entire screen for real this time.
Cleaned up the code
Fixed a bug where spamming recall back deletes previous recall location.
Fixed a bug where recalling doesn't kill hooks.
Fixed buff flickering when the player has enchantment and potion with infinity.
Fixed warmth enchantment not granting immunity to Calamity's glacial state.
Remade toggle UI.
Players can now toggle every enchantment to their likes.
Made most recipes more expensive.

Attachments

• PotionCharms 1.5.3.1.zip
    49.6 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Great mod you have here, but I would like to request a minor change/feature.

I'm easily annoyed by persistent VFX, and the Honey drip can't be toggled off. Is there any way you could either add a toggle or just remove the dripping entirely?

Great mod you have here, but I would like to request a minor change/feature.

I'm easily annoyed by persistent VFX, and the Honey drip can't be toggled off. Is there any way you could either add a toggle or just remove the dripping entirely?

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to give honey regen effect without the VFX. The honey effect is too ingrained in the regen fomula that I think the only way is to redo the entire regen code again myself and mess up mod compatability. I can add honey effect toggle if it really bothers you.

Unfortunately, I can't find a way to give honey regen effect without the VFX. The honey effect is too ingrained in the regen fomula that I think the only way is to redo the entire regen code again myself and mess up mod compatability. I can add honey effect toggle if it really bothers you.
I see. Honestly, even toggling the entire effect would still be worth it to me. Hope it's not too much of a bother.

Do the buffs granted by the charms interfere with the buff cap at all, or are they independent of that, technically allowing more than 22 buffs at once?

I see. Honestly, even toggling the entire effect would still be worth it to me. Hope it's not too much of a bother.
New version is up! It adds honey effect toggle.
Do the buffs granted by the charms interfere with the buff cap at all, or are they independent of that, technically allowing more than 22 buffs at once?
Yes, that is the point of this mod. Charm of terraria grants up to 48 buff effects at once and they all work well.

I took one of the charms (Mining Charm) out of my inventory to try and throw it on the ground, as an item. It simply vanished when I did this. Multiplayer. Is this intended? I'll have to craft another one now.

My impression of Potion Charms so far...
A bit buggy, might need work in a few areas, but it otherwise does its job.

A few observations...

• The toggle hotbar at the top of the screen is a fixed size and doesn't scale with resolution. It's very wide, so wide screen playstyles are needed or the toggle bar will overlap with the normal hotbar and minimap.
• Attempting to throw the charms onto the ground will delete the item.
• The Charm of Feast's defense buff actually stacks with the Well Fed buff.
• Certain buffs, like Spelunker, do not seem to toggle off correctly. (EDIT: This was only for Spelunker Charm. The Earth Charm allows toggling.)

(All Multiplayer)

Last edited:
this mod is great its just missing 1 minor little detail a charm for wormhole potions
Unfortunately, wormhold potion is very hardcoded into the game and I have no idea how to implement it. Sorry.
My impression of Potion Charms so far...
A bit buggy, might need work in a few areas, but it otherwise does its job.

A few observations...

• The toggle hotbar at the top of the screen is a fixed size and doesn't scale with resolution. It's very wide, so wide screen playstyles are needed or the toggle bar will overlap with the normal hotbar and minimap.
• Attempting to throw the charms onto the ground will delete the item.
• The Charm of Feast's defense buff actually stacks with the Well Fed buff.
• Certain buffs, like Spelunker, do not seem to toggle off correctly. (EDIT: This was only for Spelunker Charm. The Earth Charm allows toggling.)

(All Multiplayer)
The UI now moves down if the screen is too narrow(less than 1600 pixels). It is still pretty big, but it looks very ugly if I scale it down.
The charms now don't disappear when thrown.
I added buff check for the charm of feast.
It is intended behavior. Put away basic charms if you don't want its effect.

Thank you for taking all this into consideration.

I have another problem of a... different matter entirely. It's not a technical issue with your mod, but rather... Well...
The Charm of Sharpening requires 5 Sharpening Stations, correct? Out of all placeable, right-clickable buffs, this is the only one that is finite. So far, having 5 or more in one world is basically unheard of, and in multiplayer worlds it's even worse. I had to generate 3 more worlds and COMPLETELY strip-mine the Jungle to find enough to make the charm for the two of us.
To see what I mean, here are two examples:

The second and third worlds.

Take this into consideration for further developments, if you will. A lot of charms are difficult to make, like the Life Force and Inferno ones, but the Sharpening one takes the cake.

I have another problem of a... different matter entirely. It's not a technical issue with your mod, but rather... Well...
The Charm of Sharpening requires 5 Sharpening Stations, correct? Out of all placeable, right-clickable buffs, this is the only one that is finite. So far, having 5 or more in one world is basically unheard of, and in multiplayer worlds it's even worse. I had to generate 3 more worlds and COMPLETELY strip-mine the Jungle to find enough to make the charm for the two of us.

Take this into consideration for further developments, if you will. A lot of charms are difficult to make, like the Life Force and Inferno ones, but the Sharpening one takes the cake.
I balanced around this mod with Alchemist mod in mind(an npc sells all right click buffs). Now this mod adds a recipe for sharpening station.

Also, the mod now supports thorium, enigma, battle rods and DBZ mods' custom damage types.

Version 2.0 is up! I almost completely rewrote the mod from the bottom.
Now players can choose what to make first and not be forced to make useless charm for them.

Version 2.0 is up! I almost completely rewrote the mod from the bottom.
Now players can choose what to make first and not be forced to make useless charm for them.
Just played with the new update a bit and I love the changes. Haven't encountered any issues, either.

Thanks for your work.

Bug for 2.0
You cant apply any enchantment to the charm, if in game settings autopause is on.
I actually thought that mod was totaly broken for a second.
pls, fix or at least note it somewhere, that you need autopause off.
P.s. registered on forum just for this comment, huh.

Bug for 2.0
You cant apply any enchantment to the charm, if in game settings autopause is on.
I actually thought that mod was totaly broken for a second.
pls, fix or at least note it somewhere, that you need autopause off.
P.s. registered on forum just for this comment, huh.
It now informs the player that it needs autopause off. I can't think of a way to make it work with autopause on.

I made charm of terraria a few days ago and now I'm depressed, love the infinite charm though, since it works with endgame potions from other mods.
[doublepost=1544307597,1544307475][/doublepost]

I agree completely, I just used cheat sheet for the sharpening stations lol

Back
Top Bottom