Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ClearConscious and the rest of the Pipeworks team: great job on fixing a ton of bugs that were driving us all mental (LOVING the UI scaler). I've found some issue that were overlooked/de-prioritised, as well as some new ones:

Disruptive bugs:
  1. Stuttering lag:
    I know you're probably inundated with reports of this, but here it is again. The lag interrupts many features of gameplay, including movement inputs (causing solar armour to perform unwanted dashes, vortex armour to go into stealth without wanting to etc). Its also causing visual layers to render slowly. This is apparent when you're in a UFO mount and the edge of the screen takes a half second to show solid blocks. Also, when teleporting, it takes a while for the tiles to all generate. I've stopped doing frost moon altogether as it just can't cope.
  2. Game loads:
    The "drawing maps" part of loading a map now take even longer, roughly around 1% per second
  3. Mobs are spawning halfway inside blocks:
    This one is fairly niche, but it's still worth a mention. I auto-farm using UFO minions, with the spawn surface being 40 tiles below me. I have been killed a few times by mobs that stand still and use projectiles (Rune Wizard, Desert Spirit, Skeleton Sniper, Tactical Skeleton) being halfway inside a solid wall, where they are not detected by the UFOs. I tried to fix this by removing the bottom block of the wall and filling it with lava kept in place using a bubble (which are no longer solid and I'm loving it). They still spawn there and are actually being burned by the lava. As mobs cannot spawn on lava, I'm guessing that the spawn tile the game chooses is on the wrong side of the 2x3 space for a mob to generate (again, just a guess).
  4. Cursor "snap-back":
    As @Cyberra has already pointed out, the cursor sometimes snaps back to the player; an infuriating bug for a builder. I've narrowed it down to when I'm wearing range-extending items such as the architect gizmo. The game seems to forget I've equipped them and it snaps back to it's default maximum reach.
  5. The UG Ice Biome Glitch:
    As you know, this mainly concerned the solar eruption, but it also caused minions to despawn as well. While the SE part is fixed, minions are still vanishing while in the UG ice biome, although not nearly as frequently.
  6. Shutdown with error code CE-34878-0:
    This has only happened once [EDIT: three times] since the patch, instead of three times a day, but I thought I should mention it.
  7. [EDIT] Frost Moon vanishing loot:
    When finishing the Frost moon, the loot begins to disappear as you walk toward it. It has nothing to do with the loose item limit, as no other loose items are being created.
Non-disruptive bugs:
  1. Tally reset:
    The mutliplayer servers are still resetting the world's creature count to zero, meaning banners are hard to obtain.
  2. Banners unobtainable:
    Basilisk, World Feeder & Devourer, show up as "kill count unavailable", meaning no banners. Bone serpents, Dune Splicers and Tomb Crawlers only count if head shots are the killing blow. Crawltipedes are stuck at zero on the tally, but do register (not KCU).
  3. D-Pad binding:
    This still needs to be redone every time you load a map, instead of being permanent. Also, by binding the "UP" key on the D-pad to "quick heal", it renders all other D-pad bindings inert. Lastly, binding is based on slot, whereas before it was based on item; if I move my bound pickaxe two slots down it's no longer bound to the D-pad.
  4. Vanishing campfires:
    Bone campfires and ultra-bright campfires both vanish when removed with a pickaxe. I'm not sure if this is because they're both made with the only non-craftable torches, or whether they are early items from 1.3.1.
  5. Wire stacks:
    If I have a full inventory, with incomplete wire stacks in my ammo slots, the bits of wire I've just cut aren't being picked up into the wire stacks, and just stay on the ground. However, if I delete something from my inventory, the wires are picked up, and go into the stacks in my ammo slots.
  6. Spawn region:
    The spawn region is currently based where the camera is as opposed to the player. If I use the sniper rifle/scope to look at the spawn surface of a farm, nothing spawns there, but I hear mobs spawning in areas that they shouldn't due to where my character is. This continues even after I have finished using the rifle.
  7. Silt exploit:
    Sometimes silt is not consumed at the extractinator, but it still kicks out loot. I know this might ruin some peoples' fun, but it could be part of a larger issue. Sorry everybody!
  8. Blocked mounts:
    This carried over from before the patch. Whenever I'm stood in front of something I can stand on that's one block high (platforms, anvils, work benches, dynasty tables) I can't summon a mount.
  9. Waxing moons:
    The moon phases always say "waning", regardless of which side of a new moon/full moon they are. As they are both equal in terms of fishing power etc. it's not a huge issue, but worth a mention anyway.
  10. [EDIT] Dungeon mobs:
    All types of dungeon mobs are spawning in all dunegon areas, regardless of the type of wall (slab/brick/tiled) This makes it three times harder to farm for specific items. Also, the mobs are spawning in normal caverns if I'm in the dungeon, which I'm fairly sure shouldn't be the case.
Aesthetic issues:
  1. Flickering doors:
    Doors, tall gates and trap doors all strobe when near the player.
  2. Droppers:
    Water, lava and honey droppers aren't showing when placed, but they are being consumed. However, in post-1.3 worlds, honey is seen dropping within beehives, albeit from the weird squidgy-looking things that hang from the ceilings. But, they are visible on the map, when the cursor can detect them it names them (dripping water etc.).
  3. Water surfaces:
    Sometimes the surfaces of underground water bodies are visible as a white line, despite being in total darkness.
  4. Track Junctions:
    When hammering minecart track junctions, the sprites are the wrong way around; the cart goes over the "gap" in the tracks.
  5. Paint on dummies:
    I think this might be the case on PC too, but paint is being consumed on dummies, but not showing. The same applies to weapon racks.
  6. Bubble bug:
    Liquids on top of bubbles flash in and out of a "waterfall state", where the liquids act, for a split second, like they are on top of a block that's been hammered once into the flat position to create waterfalls. This flickers in and out rapidly.
  7. NPC map icons:
    These are very small, and make sit difficult to find NPCs or other players.
  8. Slime Rain background:
    When a slime rain occurs, the animated slimes drop behind the mountains, making them seem the size of a large stadium.
Questions:
  1. Loading time:
    Is there a reason the game takes so long to load now, compared to 1.2.4? I understand that large maps are now LARGE maps, but the whole loading process is around seven times longer. Also, is there a reason that the game saves for such a long time in between selecting a character and selecting a map? What is it saving that wasn't saved when exiting the previous session?
  2. Mini-grid:
    The circle of white squares around the cursor is great for tools, but does it have to be on everything? I don't need it on weapons for example, and it does spoil the aesthetic when taking screenshots.
  3. Cursor speed:
    Is there any chance that weapons' cursor speeds can be sped up? It's very hard to hit a Martian saucer with a Lunar Flare or Star wrath because it's going at a tool's speed.
  4. Opacity in build mode:
    As I mentioned, I love the UI slider. Have you considered making it automatically going to 50% when clicking "R3" in build mode? Then going back to the user's preference once the item has been placed?
  5. Item sorting:
    I don't really know what "sort items" does, but in chests in seems to not sort anything at all. Shouldn't the same types of item all be next to one another?
  6. Map cursor:
    Is there any way that the movement of the map cursor can be improved? At the moment it's very difficult to hold it over anything because it's too sensitive, as if the grid that the cursor movement is based on has squares that are far too large. It makes using wormhole potions or identifying object all but impossible. Also, in 1.2.4 we were able to move it diagonally, and everything was one fluid movement. Now we have to go left/right, stop, go up/down, stop, go left/right and so on.
  7. Keyboard:
    Is there any way we can go back to using the PS4's keyboard? The in-game one is nowhere near as good.
I hope this helps, and if I find anything else I'll let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Xbox One
Normal - Large (Legacy) world
takes several mins to Load then is frozen from nearly 3 mins every time
video starts about a min after the loading
at :07 to :10 snow falls and some stuff moves, then freezes again
nothing happens till 1:38, the unfreezes
1:50 can see the map
This happened to me on PS4; have you checked your save files (in-system)? My player data was corrupted so I deleted it and it worked fine. But check for corrupted files first.

I don't know if this has already been found but since the new patch, every time I use my daybreak whilst a rainbow from a rainbow rod has been created, the rainbow will either go invisible or sections of it will go invisible, and when I stop using the daybreak, the rainbow will either show back up or only sections of it will. However, the rainbow still seems to do its job, as enemies still get damaged in the area where the rainbow disappeared.

Now that Microsoft has announced official support for most keyboards and mice, and because the new ui for 1.3 on console is very keyboard and mouse oriented I feel like this implementation would be beneficial to all players.

Now that Microsoft has announced official support for most keyboards and mice, and because the new ui for 1.3 on console is very keyboard and mouse oriented I feel like this implementation would be beneficial to all players.

I was gonna do an entire post on this subject, I suggested KB/M quite a while back, hopefully Pipeworks can utilise the developer api for kb/m support once it's released from Microsoft, the UI is meant for it so It makes sense

As a console player(ps3 and ps4), I think quick select is great. And it worked great in ps3. I think it should be changed back to just selecting an item in the inventory and pressing a button on the d-pad. I know it still exists, but can't for the life of me figure it out. The old quick select was simple and easy to use. I've died too many times because I couldn't switch to my sword in time.

As a console player(ps3 and ps4), I think quick select is great. And it worked great in ps3. I think it should be changed back to just selecting an item in the inventory and pressing a button on the d-pad. I know it still exists, but can't for the life of me figure it out. The old quick select was simple and easy to use. I've died too many times because I couldn't switch to my sword in time.
Hi @IndigoGollum, I moved your post into this thread, so that Pipeworks could see your feedback and suggestion.

On the PS4 you can still bind items to the D-Pad. You have to rebind them when you start a new session, though. See this thread for instructions: Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

Love the game, however I Don't like to untoggle that "Toggle map style" off Every time I play. Please give us an option to have it on or off(Like a permanent toggle option). I don't like that I have to unbound a skill to toggle it off then change my button layout back. Thats my only complaint about the new content patch. Just now fixed the screen resolution after the update now it's not cut out on the bottom. Can see everything again yay. Still didn't try many of the new events yet. Taking me a while on my new medium map to get it how I like it, but thank you for the massive updates it's awesome.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it seems the Arkhalis will randomly stop auto-swinging now. Otherwise, love the update. Keep the fixes coming!

this ui is meant for a mouse and keyboard man, please, I know you said you wouldn’t go back to the old ui, but come on it was a lot better for a controller than this one is.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it seems the Arkhalis will randomly stop auto-swinging now. Otherwise, love the update. Keep the fixes coming!
I'm having a similar issue with the Laser Machine Gun and Last Prism; they cut out intermittently, sometimes after only a few seconds.

I'm having a similar issue with the Laser Machine Gun and Last Prism; they cut out intermittently, sometimes after only a few seconds.

Other issue's to add to the list if they've not been already (did check but didn't see them):
  • Grappling hook intermittency - On occasion a grappling hook will not work(shoot out) - Tested on: Diamond/Normal & Slime hook **Edit: When using LT/L2 as the binding for grappling hook
  • Player spawn breaking blocks - When launching back into a world, if a player has created anything where the initial spawn point is - those blocks (furniture/blocks/etc) will be broken (bug as per 1.2.4 which was fixed for a time but has returned) - Setting a spawn point alleviates this issue, however, if player un-sets spawn position using a bed, original spawn point is used and blocks are broken
That's all for now, no doubt there will be more that haven't been reported yet

P.s can someone inbox me the bug report link, having trouble finding it atm, T.I.A

edit: grammatical changes & bug update (see grappling hook)

Last edited:
Other issue's to add to the list if they've not been already (did check but didn't see them):
  • Grappling hook intermittency - On occasion a grappling hook will not work(shoot out) - Tested on: Diamond/Normal & Slime hook
  • Player spawn breaking blocks - When launching back into a world, if a player has created anything where the initial spawn point is - those blocks (furniture/blocks/etc) will be broken (bug as per 1.2.4 which was fixed for a time but has returned) - Setting a spawn point alleviates this issue, however, if player un-sets spawn position using a bed, original spawn point is used and blocks are broken
That's all for now, no doubt there will be more that haven't been reported yet

P.s can someone inbox me the bug report link, having trouble finding it atm, T.I.A

edit: grammatical changes
Here’s the bug report link. It’s also on the first post of this thread in case you need to find it again. :)
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom