The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

Grimal: Well.. He is the grim reaper, He founded this land for the lost souls who die to have a place in the afterlife, before that the dead were only either wandering spirits, went up to the heavens, burned in hell or just outright disappeared forever.

Despite his power and intimidation, he is kind enough, should you die and have your soul shatter here in the land of the dead, he shall give you a chance to come back, through the giving up of something... i don't exactly know what that means though, i cannot die.

Unfortunately, Death has his fair share of enemies. The Paladins hate the guy, and Gregg seems to think that he is nothing more than a clown that he can just dance around and do whatever he wishes. and Satan and God aren't the biggest fans of him either considering him creating this place kinda caused traffic to their kingdoms to slow down drastically...

"Can't you see? We're both vampires. Not only are you what you aimlessly chased throughout your entire adult life like a headless chicken, you're also talking to one!"
I grimace at that “I would check your attitude whilst talking to someone like me.” I growl at Phaedra.

In response to Grimal
"I see."
In response to Varvin
"Someone like you? You don't exist! You're a legend, a fable! Nothing of what you were remembered for described anything of who you are! You're a schizo!"

Varvin stabs Phaedra, if it hits of course, would this be hopefully or hopefully not? I don’t know I’m tired.

~~~~Radio~~~~
*Music Plays*

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

Greyton: 244/300
Fred: 169/200
VS
Mohawker Grunt: 0/80

Fred quickly manages to shoot the Mohawker grunt, it lets out a shriek before falling to the ground dead.
YOU WON!
Both players gained 40 exp
Greyton has grown to level 2!
Max HP increased by 1!
Both players gained 20 DT.

Knight: Thanks for the help.
Rookie: Yeah i’d probably been dead if you two didn’t step in.
The two knights bow to Fred and Greyton.
Knight: We’re with the crimson guard, and we ALWAYS repay our debts, so if you ever need any help from the CG’s we are in Grimwich City.

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study
~~~And~~~
~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.

Phaedra and Grimal discuss things, than the conflict with Varvin and Phaedra happens.

As Varvin goes in for a strike at Phaedra, Grimal leaps in front of him and takes the stab. He shows no signs of pain as Varvins blade goes through him.
Grimal: WHOA THERE! Please, why the need for conflict? If you two HAVE to fight it out, then would you at least take it outside instead? I really don’t want to have to keep cleaning this room to keep the skeleton maids out…

Grimal slides off of varvins blade.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

Emily: R- Really?
Father Marvin walks over towards the boarded up door.
Marvin: If you really want to take on the ghouls, then i’ll open the door for you.
He prys open the boards.
Marvin: Good luck Brother Garrun.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: nearing Truce Town

Tingler tries hugging Pete
Crazy Pete: GAAAAAAAAH! PUMPKIN PERSON SPY! GET OFF ME!
REMOVE YOUR HANDS HEATHEN OF THE PUMPKIN DOMAIN!
One of the guards chuckles
Truce Town Guard: Look pete, you made a friend, so what’s your name traveller?
Crazy Pete: YES! I DEMAND THE NAME OF YOU NAZIPUMPKINSPY!
Another Guard: Nazi? Since when did the pumpkin people become nazis?

~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First floor Foyer

Strixis: Well, take care of yourself…
He plays a flute and disappears in a small sand tornado.

As Magnus begins his trek in the sands once more he hears a loud noise, he turns around just as he is swept up in a large sand tornado, then everything fades to black….

When he wakes up he finds himself in a castle… specifically he is in a large hallway, a foyer. The floor is highly reflective. The front door is seemingly blocked by a couch in the way, likewise there is a staircase that leads up to three doors, a center door, a door on the left and a barred up door on the right.
Magnus looks and notices a strange black shadow on the wall, he also hears several whispering voices as the shadow slinks away up the stairs and disappears. The only thing he could make out from the words as “Tornado i-” “Confused. Poor-” “The Vampir-” “This should be fun.”

Last edited:
Phaedra laughs.
"I assure you, my friend, you don't need to protect me. This conflict you are warding needs not ensue; I am completely capable of killing this man at any time. I'm just curious about the quality of life here, and due to this man's rather unpleasant disposition towards the whole issue, coupled with all the fun I'm having, I think I'm going to like it here."
Phaedra makes his way for the door through which he came.

“Thank you. I’ll see what I can do.”
*Garrun walks in, and has an arrow nocked as he walks, and checking his one second future vision for any jumps are attacks, ready to fire.*

Last edited:
(Benevolent Tingler)
Tingler whips out his very medieval pen and paper and writes a note saying, "The Benevolent Tingler".
He hands it to the guards, and gives a thumbs up.

In a fiery rage he can’t hear Grimal all he notices is that he got in the way and needs to kill anyone in his way so he slashes ferociously at Grimal.

~~~~Radio~~~~
Jones: Alright, i hope you all out there have been having a good Eternal night. I know i am. I just ate some Ghost noodles, and yes Ghost noodles are real and they are very good.

Now, before we return to your regularly scheduled music, i just wanted to point out that i am willing to pay people who find any records out there. I’ve gotten most of my stations line up from opening those strange presents.. Where do they all come from, and more importantly who in the right mind is wrapping miniature nuclear bombs in a nice pretty present?!

Anyways, here is Spooky Scary Skeletons by andrew gold, a goldie and a beloved classic by a certain race here in our beloved afterlife.. Bet you can’t guess which race.

That’s right, Lost Souls.

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/301 LVL: 2
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

Crimson Guard: We sure can, Grimwich city is down that eastern path
The CG points to a crossroad.
Crimson Guard: It’s just a little ways past the Church of the Reaper, a large old chapel that is kinda hard to miss.
I’d be careful on the route, i’ve heard talk of Paladins meddling around the area. So stay safe you two.

Other CG: And thanks again!
The two Crimson Guards bow yet again before setting off in the direction that Fred and Greyton came from.

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:2
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Foyer
~~~And~~~
~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.
~~~And~~~
~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Foyer

Varvin is enraged and constantly keeps slashing at. Each slash goes through grimal and he shows no pain, instead he shows more of a saddness.
You have lost some karma.
Grimal: You’re being a bit of a jerk friend. If you keep trying to “Kill” me, then i’m going to have deny you the use of these Mooncrystals… look, i’m sure you are a nice guy deep down under there… right?

Phaedra laughs and leaves, Grimal waves goodbye to him and says “Goodbye new buddy! I’m sure we’ll meet again considering i’ve got several crystals to repair!

As Phaedra walks back through the door, he finds that nothing new has changed in the hall he fought the assassin in. so he continues forward, he enters the foyer again, the maid is gone, and there is only one door left to check due to the third door being barred up. Likewise it seems the castle's entrance has a couch in front of it now. Oh, and there is a jackal-humanoid creature looking around while walking up the stairs to the three doors and because of that, to phaedra.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Church of the Reaper

As Garrun walks into the room, he creeps through an old room with many pews lined up, and many still lit candles. He also finds an altar nearby that has gathered many cobwebs at this point. He notices a door with stairs leading downwards and creeps down into the darkness, constantly checking his 1 second future vision. As he reaches the bottom of the dark basement he finds another sealed off door. This one sealed off by rubble. He also finds a present and several destroyed candelabras and bookshelves. Suddenly he foresees a pale white humanoid from behind and quickly jumps forward.

As soon as Garrun does that, a skinny pale red eyed humanoid creature with long claws is seen swiping the air where garrun once was, it lets out a wheezy hiss as another one creeps in from the darkness behind him. Likewise the other one is dragging another one, but this third one has been long dead and has plenty of bites taken into it. It tosses the dead one aside.

Two Ghouls draw near!

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: nearing Truce Town

Guard: “Tingler” huh? Well welcome to Truce Town, we don’t have too much, just really a trading town for people of any affiliation to put down their blade or firearm and just be able to get some supplies.

We really only have one major rule here: Don’t try to pick fights with your opposing forces here, we don’t want any of the wars Bullcrap here.

Crazy Pete: Hmmph, These wars wouldn’t be happening if it weren’t for the pumpkin people you know…
Guard: Urrghh.. Here we go again…
Crazy Pete: The Pumpkin People created the paladins you know, they created them to start war and unease, and you cannot forgot that they also are pals with Heavens Forces, after all, GOD IS A BRAIN SUCKING FRUITBASKET JUST LIKE THE PUMPKIN PEEPS! THEY’RE ALL ALIENS!
Guard: Okay, could you please go ahead and leave pete? The Angels are NOT aliens okay? They are ANGELS!
Other Guard: Uhh.. Tingler, you may enter town if you wish, Pete will be here at this all day.

Phaedra has a grin on his face.
Phaedra brushes past Magnus towards the door, bumping into him.
"Excuse me, sorry."

"Thanks for not killing us! Anyway let's get going. I wanna see if I can find those ghost noodles." Greyton says to the crimson guards then the second part to Fred while going in the direction given.

Back
Top Bottom