tModLoader VapeRPG Alpha v0.3

Should the skill tree get more linear? (only one prerequisite for every skill)

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Sorry, I dont speak english very much... I mean... Tere are no stats that raises Max mana... My question then is... How can I raise this stat? Only with equipement? Idk if I speak correctly. ...
I think that we should have any stat that increase The Max mana properly. ..
(Then Sorry if I dont speak so well)

Now I see. You can tweak it in the config.
1. Open "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\VapeRPG\VapeRPG_Stats.json" with a text editor.
2. Look for the following line: "ManaPerMagicPower": 0
3. Change the zero to a positive number.
4. Reload the mod if it's loaded already.

It will make it so that for every point of Magic Power, you'll get that amount of mana.
I don't know why it is 0 by default, I may change this in the future.

Now I see. You can tweak it in the config.
1. Open "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\VapeRPG\VapeRPG_Stats.json" with a text editor.
2. Look for the following line: "ManaPerMagicPower": 0
3. Change the zero to a positive number.
4. Reload the mod if it's loaded already.

It will make it so that for every point of Magic Power, you'll get that amount of mana.
I don't know why it is 0 by default, I may change this in the future.

Oh, i see, i dont be modder and i didnt know that... I'll try it and tell you how's going :)

Oh, i see, i dont be modder and i didnt know that... I'll try it and tell you how's going :)

I,ve just tried changing "manapermagicpower" by 2... The results are:
I am level 20 mage with 42 of magic power, and I have 184 mana points.

My all stats are:
Strength 4 (+46 with objects)
Magic power 42 (no magic objects)
Dexterity 1 (+20)
Haste 4 (+43)
Vitality 22 (+58)
Spirit 28(+58)

Chaos stats:
Melee damage 98.00%
Melee crit 22.00%
Melee speed 99.22%
Ranged damage 102.52%
Ranged crit 19.00%
Magic damage 143.77%
Magic crit 33.00%
Minion damage 125.50%
Max minions 2
Max run speed 4.19
Dodge chance 2.61%
Block chance 0.0%

I told you all of my stats because if they help you with Any value change you need... I think that 2 manapermagicpower is maybe excesive, but if i change by 1, is not. enough... Idk if i can put decimal values. ..

Count on me if you need betatester hehehe

This mod has really good potential, I would just love an option to eneable / disable the Item modifiers since we have a lot of item modifiers already, and sometimes you want to combo this mod with another different item mod (Even More Modifiers or Path of Modifiers for example). Another thing that might be a bit exploity, it doesn't matter if enemies are killed by you or not, when they die on lava, you still gain their exp even tho you haven't touched them at all (not even your minions), that's pretty bad if you're considering to do a balanced mod. Another suggestion is to make it optional to level past 99 for custom gameplay reasons. But so far this mod is one of the best exp/leveling system I've experienced so far, and to consider it's on Alpha stage, that's even cooler.

Last edited:
I,ve just tried changing "manapermagicpower" by 2... The results are:
I am level 20 mage with 42 of magic power, and I have 184 mana points.

My all stats are:
Strength 4 (+46 with objects)
Magic power 42 (no magic objects)
Dexterity 1 (+20)
Haste 4 (+43)
Vitality 22 (+58)
Spirit 28(+58)

Chaos stats:
Melee damage 98.00%
Melee crit 22.00%
Melee speed 99.22%
Ranged damage 102.52%
Ranged crit 19.00%
Magic damage 143.77%
Magic crit 33.00%
Minion damage 125.50%
Max minions 2
Max run speed 4.19
Dodge chance 2.61%
Block chance 0.0%

I told you all of my stats because if they help you with Any value change you need... I think that 2 manapermagicpower is maybe excesive, but if i change by 1, is not. enough... Idk if i can put decimal values. ..

Count on me if you need betatester hehehe

You can't put decimal values yet, but it's easy to implement so I may do it later.

This mod has really good potential, I would just love an option to eneable / disable the Item modifiers since we have a lot of item modifiers already, and sometyimes you want to combo this mod with another different item mod (Even More Modifiers or Path of Modifiers for example). Another thing that might be a bit exploity, it doesn't matter if enemies are killed by you or not, when they die on lava, you still gain their exp even tho you haven't touched them at all (not even your minions), that's pretty bad if you're considering to do a balanced mod. Another suggestion is to make it optional to level past 99 for custom gameplay reasons. But so far this mod is one of the best exp/leveling system I've experienced so far, and to consider it's on Alpha stage, that's even cooler.

Yes, I'm planning on taking the modifiers out of the mod and make VapeLoot (the standalone version of the modifiers) compatible with VapeRPG, so it will be optional. It will also make the mod somewhat more "lightweight". I could also extract every individiual functionality into separate mods, or "modules" so players can freely choose what functionality they want to have.
I'll consider changing the way you gain exp, so far I've been following the way Rockos ARPG did it, but since the mod is growing in popularity and getting larger, it might be a good design choice. I'm thinking on making it a configurable feature, so that you can choose if you want the classic exp gain or the new one.
Thank you. :)

Last edited:
You can't put decimal values yet, but it's easy to implement so I may do it later.

Yes, I'm planning on taking the modifiers out of the mod and make VapeLoot (the standalone version of the modifiers) compatible with VapeRPG, so it will be optional. It will also make the mod somewhat more "lightweight". I could also extract every individiual functionality into separate mods, or "modules" so players can freely choose what functionality they want to have.
I'll consider changing the way you gain exp, so far I've been following the way Rockos ARPG did it, but since the mod is growing in popularity and getting larger, it might be a good design choice. I'm thinking on making it a configurable feature, so that you can choose if you want the classic exp gain or the new one.
Thank you. :)

Yes! Good ideas =) If you need help with anything, let me know, I can help with some of the UI visuals for example, I'm not much into coding but I can try to help as well on my spare time. Also, I forgot to mention, can the Exp Bar UI be hidden ? Because there's no way to close it or hide it, it would be cool if it had something like the Unleveled mod, that adds a small exp bar close to the Heart and Mana. But that's just me, I solved the problem by making it go off-screen, but I can't pull it back now, but that's fine haha!

Yes! Good ideas =) If you need help with anything, let me know, I can help with some of the UI visuals for example, I'm not much into coding but I can try to help as well on my spare time. Also, I forgot to mention, can the Exp Bar UI be hidden ? Because there's no way to close it or hide it, it would be cool if it had something like the Unleveled mod, that adds a small exp bar close to the Heart and Mana. But that's just me, I solved the problem by making it go off-screen, but I can't pull it back now, but that's fine haha!

I'll make the UI more dynamic in one of the upcoming updates (before v0.4).

So I can not seem to get the game to let me put a chaos point in max minions

Max Minions needs 5 chaos points per minion. Now, I think I should clarify it on the UI.

Did some UI tweaks lately with v0.3.4 (now available on the Mod Browser).
4iNJECE.png

fractalxx, as long as you're working on the mod, is there any way you could add a stat and/or tweak some passives so Throwing damage could benefit from the mod? Just for the sake of completeness.

I also noticed that your mod prevents me from using Heart Crystals, is that intended ? ( I guess because you could use vitality to increase your health there's no actual need for the heart crystals, ) but I would still rather have an option to use it at least to get the max life from the normal mechanics of the game, specially because most of people ( I guess ) don't wanna spend most of their points into life, which kinda sucks imo, but that's up to you, thanks for the UI changes =)

fractalxx, as long as you're working on the mod, is there any way you could add a stat and/or tweak some passives so Throwing damage could benefit from the mod? Just for the sake of completeness.

I'll add a new stat for it (or use existing ones, haven't decided yet) in v0.4. I can't approximate a release date sadly, though.

I also noticed that your mod prevents me from using Heart Crystals, is that intended ? ( I guess because you could use vitality to increase your health there's no actual need for the heart crystals, ) but I would still rather have an option to use it at least to get the max life from the normal mechanics of the game, specially because most of people ( I guess ) don't wanna spend most of their points into life, which kinda sucks imo, but that's up to you, thanks for the UI changes =)

It's intended, heart crystals will serve a different purpose (also planned for v0.4). Levels will give you enough life in the next update, although you might still need to assign a few points to vitality, it's part of the balance, since if players could stack all of their points into damage stats, characters could get really op, even in expert mode.
You can also increase "LifePerLevel" in the config, if you don't want to put points in vitality.

Last edited:
I'll add a new stat for it (or use existing ones, haven't decided yet) in v0.4. I can't approximate a release date sadly, though.

It's intended, heart crystals will serve a different purpose (also planned for v0.4). Levels will give you enough life in the next update, although you might still need to assign a few points to vitality, it's part of the balance, since if players could stack all of their points into damage stats, characters could get really op, even in expert mode.
You can also increase "LifePerLevel" in the config, if you don't want to put points in vitality.

That's amazing, all I needed to know =) Thanks! Again, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

I can't scroll stat and chaos bars... then i can't spend my point in the lower stats... i've noticed that after last update, the .json configs have not reset and also "VapeLootRarityRings" config in the common.json not appear, is it possible that the mod haven't updated as well as it should?? :confused: (i've updated from Modbrowser)

I can't scroll stat and chaos bars... then i can't spend my point in the lower stats... i've noticed that after last update, the .json configs have not reset and also "VapeLootRarityRings" config in the common.json not appear, is it possible that the mod haven't updated as well as it should?? :confused: (i've updated from Modbrowser)

Weird. I also downloaded it on my desktop (I uploaded the update on my laptop) and it works fine. For scrolling, you need to hover over the scrollable panel but I assume you tried that.

Good to hear. No rush on the update, just glad that you're still open to improvements.

I'm always open for improvements. I think user feedback forms the best products in the world.

Back
Top Bottom