Map-Adventure Harbinger: Adventure Map

Khaios

Duke Fishron
Hc8Omyi.png

You can find my builder's commentary playthrough of the map here: http://bit.ly/HarbingerPlaythrough

Harbinger is a SciFi themed adventure map set on a Lunar base under attack by aliens, and a computer virus. Your ship is ambushed, and you're forced to abandon it. After crash-landing on the moon's surface, work your way through the desolate base in an attempt to contact Earth and warn them of the pending attack. You will need to solve puzzles, fight waves of enemies, and parkour your way to victory.

Keep an eye out for secret areas! There are also achievements you can unlock throughout your journey. Both will help boost your score at the very end!

WARNING: This map is intended to be a challenge. As such, some of the parkour and puzzles can be quite challenging.
Average Tester Playtime: Approximately 5 hours

This map is dedicated to the memory of my friend Jestex. He mentioned wanting to see me make an adventure map many times. I built this in honor of his request, though sadly he never got to see it.

Map Rules:

• Single player map
  • Start with a new softcore character (mediumcore/hardcore will break the map)
  • Delete all starting items
  • No placing or destroying blocks
  • Do not use any items dropped from enemies or explosions, except keys
  • DO use keys!
Khaios' Recommendations:
  • Don't use map/minimap (it breaks immersion)
  • Use "color" lighting mode (the other modes are very dark, and make the map harder than intended)
  • Use autopause to assist with reading text popups
How to Install:
You can find the download link and installation instructions here: http://bit.ly/HarbingerDL

No mods required!
Report bugs in the comments here, and I'll address them when I can. Have fun, and good luck ^.^

Last edited:
Hc8Omyi.png

Harbinger is a SciFi themed adventure map set on a Lunar base under attack by aliens, and a computer virus. Your ship is ambushed, and you're forced to abandon it. After crash-landing on the moon's surface, work your way through the desolate base in an attempt to contact Earth and warn them of the pending attack. You will need to solve puzzles, fight waves of enemies, and parkour your way to victory.

Keep an eye out for secret areas! There are also achievements you can unlock throughout your journey. Both will help boost your score at the very end!

WARNING: This map is intended to be a challenge. As such, some of the parkour and puzzles can be quite challenging.
Average Tester Playtime: Approximately 5 hours

This map is dedicated to the memory of my friend Jestex. He mentioned wanting to see me make an adventure map many times. I built this in honor of his request, though sadly he never got to see it.

Map Rules:

• Single player map
  • Start with a new softcore character (mediumcore/hardcore will break the map)
  • Delete all starting items
  • No placing or destroying blocks
  • Do not use any items dropped from enemies or explosions, except keys
  • DO use keys!
Khaios' Recommendations:
  • Don't use map/minimap (it breaks immersion)
  • Use "color" lighting mode (the other modes are very dark, and make the map harder than intended)
  • Use autopause to assist with reading text popups
How to Install:
You can find the download link and installation instructions here: http://bit.ly/HarbingerDL

No mods required!
Report bugs in the comments here, and I'll address them when I can. Have fun, and good luck ^.^
This looks incredible Khaios! I know how long you’ve spent creating and fine-tuning this, can’t wait to try it out. I anticipate that it will take me as long to finish it as it took you to create it, I’m not too good at maps. :) But it’ll be a fun adventure.

This looks incredible Khaios! I know how long you’ve spent creating and fine-tuning this, can’t wait to try it out. I anticipate that it will take me as long to finish it as it took you to create it, I’m not too good at maps. :) But it’ll be a fun adventure.
Uh, well, I started it about two years ago by building the ship you start in. But kind of abandoned the project, and started it again a year ago. Worked on it off and on. Hope it doesn't take you a year off/on to complete it >.< hehe. It's meant to be a challenging map, but if you find it too hard, let me know, and I can give frustrating areas a nerf ^.^

Looks hot my dude. We really do need more big adventure maps like this, I remember having a blast with things like this back when Minecraft mapmaking was the big thing.

Looks hot my dude. We really do need more big adventure maps like this, I remember having a blast with things like this back when Minecraft mapmaking was the big thing.
I plan on making more after this ^.^ But I agree. Would love to see more adventure map projects in the community. Hopefully this can inspire some :D

oh my god it looks better than i anticipated from the screenshots, amazing work dude!

time to play it now lmao, im excited it looks legitimately fun

This looks amazing, i wish i had your skill with making builds look so good...

EDIT: on a side note, either im a really bad player, or those puzzles/challenges are HARD.

Last edited:
Dude Khaios I absolutely adore your work! You're a pillar of this community and a big reason why I keep coming back to play this game. Just wanted you to know your creations have brought a ton of joy to my family and friends on our servers. Thank you so much for all you've contributed here.

Dude Khaios I absolutely adore your work! You're a pillar of this community and a big reason why I keep coming back to play this game. Just wanted you to know your creations have brought a ton of joy to my family and friends on our servers. Thank you so much for all you've contributed here.
Thank you for the kind words! ^.^ :passionate:

This is amazing work, man. And I've played several adventure maps. I can safely say that the storytelling is one of the best (if not the best) I've seen so far. I specially love the wiring setups and tricks, and I hope to learn those one day. I just saw ChippyGaming's Episode 1 and I'm gonna try it out as soon as I can.

At last but not least, I could use some suggestions for an adventure map I've been working on. The story and division is fine; I believe there's much to improve in the wiring and the map's duration (the levels are sort of hard, but short).
Thank you a lot for making this incredible map, it really adds something special to the community.

This is amazing work, man. And I've played several adventure maps. I can safely say that the storytelling is one of the best (if not the best) I've seen so far. I specially love the wiring setups and tricks, and I hope to learn those one day. I just saw ChippyGaming's Episode 1 and I'm gonna try it out as soon as I can.

At last but not least, I could use some suggestions for an adventure map I've been working on. The story and division is fine; I believe there's much to improve in the wiring and the map's duration (the levels are sort of hard, but short).
Thank you a lot for making this incredible map, it really adds something special to the community.

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you enjoy your playthrough. With the release of this map, I started a youtube channel, which has a couple of videos currently out that are tutorials on how to build some of the puzzles in the map. I plan to do tutorials for most of the major wiring segments within the map, so perhaps you can pick up some ideas there ^.^

I think it's perfectly fine to have difficult rooms/areas in your map. Most of this map is actually quite challenging. Something I learned through feedback of the past week, and maybe something you can consider for your map, is having an optional way of making the map easier for players that want to experience the adventure without much of a challenge. It's something I added to the map yesterday. Personally, I still want to reward players that accept the challenge, so I removed some aspects of the map if you use "easy mode" but it also opens up the map to a wider audience.

As for the duration issue, there's nothing wrong with having a short adventure map. In fact, the next one I make will likely be much shorter in duration than this one was. What's most important is that you have continuous ideas for the map. If you can cohesively connect ideas and themes into the same map, keep making it longer. If you can't anymore, then you should wrap up the map, or take a break until ideas come. Adding fluff to the map just to increase the duration won't help, in my opinion :D

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you enjoy your playthrough. With the release of this map, I started a youtube channel, which has a couple of videos currently out that are tutorials on how to build some of the puzzles in the map. I plan to do tutorials for most of the major wiring segments within the map, so perhaps you can pick up some ideas there ^.^

I think it's perfectly fine to have difficult rooms/areas in your map. Most of this map is actually quite challenging. Something I learned through feedback of the past week, and maybe something you can consider for your map, is having an optional way of making the map easier for players that want to experience the adventure without much of a challenge. It's something I added to the map yesterday. Personally, I still want to reward players that accept the challenge, so I removed some aspects of the map if you use "easy mode" but it also opens up the map to a wider audience.

As for the duration issue, there's nothing wrong with having a short adventure map. In fact, the next one I make will likely be much shorter in duration than this one was. What's most important is that you have continuous ideas for the map. If you can cohesively connect ideas and themes into the same map, keep making it longer. If you can't anymore, then you should wrap up the map, or take a break until ideas come. Adding fluff to the map just to increase the duration won't help, in my opinion :D

Thank you for you support and tips. I've just downloaded the map, and I'm going to watch your tutorials right after I'm done with it.
I will continue on with my map, with the help from your tips and, once it's done, you're invited to be the tester. Your name will also be on the Shoutouts ;) !

Is there a playthrough video out yet? Some of us are mere console players...
Would be amazing if someday console could download pc maps.
Anywho, there are only two partial playthroughs that I'm aware of. @ChippyGaming and @BlueJay_T_Gaming both have a few episodes of the map out on their youtube channels.
I'll also eventually be doing a builder's commentary 100% playthrough of the map, though I'm waiting to give people a chance to experience it on their own first ^.^

Would be amazing if someday console could download pc maps.
There won't ever be downloadable maps on console, as it's considered "modding" by the manufacturers.

Am I right in thinking you used some mods to make this map?

Back
Top Bottom