Biomes & Nature Ebonmoon

Hello everyone! We all know about the blood moon, and if you don't, please leave. It was ahead of its time and fits right in with crimson. Not so much with corruption. This will replace the blood moon in corruption worlds to fill that role.

Instead of a higher spawn rate, enimies now have 1.5 times the health and twice the drop rate. Water/Rain appears a bleak shade of gray, and male npcs act fearful instead of female npcs feeling... "A bit peevish as of late" (And yes, they can open doors)
Fear Zombie
Fighter AI+33% chance to inflict scared
1%/2% drop: Blanket
0.5%/1% drop: Flip Phone (Not to be confused with the cell phone)

Fear orb
Flying AI+33% chance to inflict scared
1%/2% drop: Blanket
0.5%/1% drop: Flip Phone
5/10% drop: Possessed Guts

Zombie Dentist
Rare Fighter AI, but occasionally throws teeth
33% drop: Dentist Costume
100% drop: 150-235 teeth (Shruiken style throwing weapon)

Shadow hand
Rare hardmode enemy
Stays still on ground and extremely slows you until killed or escaped if contact is made.
10%/20% drop: Shadow Gripper
Scared
200% movement speed but confused activates and deactivates every 5 seconds.

Blanket
Equipable
Immunity to fear

Shadow Gripper
An early hardmode lightning aura sentry

Flip Phone
When in inventory, you recive an items sell price when it is stage 2 thrown away (Thrown away, and then another item is thrown away, rendering the first unretrivable)

Possessed guts (Suggested by @PancakingTerraria)
Summons an EOS mount that flies and rests like a bee mount, but needs a much longer rest
Dryad
Vile Powder
Corrupt Seeds

Painter
Back to haunt you (2 gold painting)

Last edited:
I don't see why we need an alternate Blood Moon, the biomes are merely alternates to themselves and shouldn't really affect the world in all these ways. A blood moon is a naturally occuring event in the real world that doesn't correlate to the Crimson anyways. Blood doesn't exactly equal crimson, that is like saying that if you have a Corruption world, enemies won't explode into gore when killed, they will release demons and disappear into nothing.

While it is interesting, it would just add even more inequality between the biomes and lock away certain benefits that each world type brings with these two moons.
(The fear debuff seems really annoying, it wouldn't add difficulty, it would add annoyance. I'd much prefer the blood moon with its no debuff and the items it gives. Access to a piggy bank at all times? I'll take it! A neat little item that increases pierce, awesome! But a blanket that adds immunity to a debuff seems really situational and isn't really a reward, its moreso an item to help you survive the event, and that's it. The lighting sentry could be useful, could you provide more details? Does it make lighting where it is placed or does it attack with lightning? Though if that item is as rare as it is, then the Banarangs would also need some tweeks to be less of a hassle to get. )

While it could serve to be an interesting alternative to the Blood Moon, certain rebalances need to be considered and maybe give more details on some of the items or perks of the event.

I don't see why we need an alternate Blood Moon, the biomes are merely alternates to themselves and shouldn't really affect the world in all these ways. A blood moon is a naturally occuring event in the real world that doesn't correlate to the Crimson anyways. Blood doesn't exactly equal crimson, that is like saying that if you have a Corruption world, enemies won't explode into gore when killed, they will release demons and disappear into nothing.

While it is interesting, it would just add even more inequality between the biomes and lock away certain benefits that each world type brings with these two moons.
(The fear debuff seems really annoying, it wouldn't add difficulty, it would add annoyance. I'd much prefer the blood moon with its no debuff and the items it gives. Access to a piggy bank at all times? I'll take it! A neat little item that increases pierce, awesome! But a blanket that adds immunity to a debuff seems really situational and isn't really a reward, its moreso an item to help you survive the event, and that's it. The lighting sentry could be useful, could you provide more details? Does it make lighting where it is placed or does it attack with lightning? Though if that item is as rare as it is, then the Banarangs would also need some tweeks to be less of a hassle to get. )

While it could serve to be an interesting alternative to the Blood Moon, certain rebalances need to be considered and maybe give more details on some of the items or perks of the event.
1. I forgot about the money through! Good point.
2. I see your point about the fear thing.
3. I meant it functioned similar to the lightning aura sentry.
Thank you for the feedback, but I am going to choose to ignore the feedback of removing the ebonmoon entirely.

That could work, but I was thinking it would work better as an enemy that constantly jumps at you like a slime and applies those effects to you on hit. Maybe it could even charge at you occasionally?
That isn't really what I was going for, but I like the slowing idea.

Ebonmoon sprite:
W27 Ebonmoon.gif

EDIT: This is an old sprite I made when I first started using Piskel. I will make a new (and much better) sprite later.

Last edited:
Please stop necroing so many threads, this is the third one you have necroed in under an hour...
It is not against the rules to nerco threads if they contribute to the thread topic. Please do not tell other members they can't necro. If you think there is an issue, please report and move on and we will make a decision on it.
Also, I'm the one who makes sprites for these things.

Back
Top Bottom