itsgeo123

Terrarian
This is random stuff i made up and my sis asked for some

Nope

Attachments

• Texture Pack.zip
    210.6 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
What's in the pack. I want to know what you changed before I download.
There's 99 files -- mostly item retextures. They're in very conflicting styles in differing resolutions, mostly just quick recolors, or completely (and very crudely imo) drawn in what looks to be microsoft paint. Not knocking the work, just not sure how else to describe it.

To the OP's credit, it truly is a bunch of random images which are difficult to describe or categorize into words -- but of course, there still should be screenshots or something more for people to go on before blindly downloading.

There's 99 files -- mostly item retextures. They're in very conflicting styles in differing resolutions, mostly just quick recolors, or completely (and very crudely imo) drawn in what looks to be microsoft paint. Not knocking the work, just not sure how else to describe it.

To the OP's credit, it truly is a bunch of random images which are difficult to describe or categorize into words -- but of course, there still should be screenshots or something more for people to go on before blindly downloading.
i don't know how to show images

This is random stuff i made up and my sis asked for some

Nope
Most of the "Resprites" are just recolors or lazily edited versions of the sprites, and any of the more unique sprites seem to have little or no effort put into them, and they're rife with inconsistency(for example, some sprites have outlines and higher resolution, while others have black outlines and are in the standard resolution.) Most of yours are not shaded at all as well.

Your main problem is mixels(different sized pixels in the same sprite), and I'd recommend using Piskel to sprite in 1x1 and export in 200%. Additionally, you probably should look up some guides for basic spriting(I'd recommend saint11, or asking around on TPA/Calamity Art Server), and I'd advise against recoloring sprites. Try to develop a style and stick to that when making your sprites.

Have a good day, and I hope this helps you develop more skill in spriting.

They are good tips, however, there are far better resources. Saint11 is really only useful for very specific things, but for general pixel art, cure’s pixeljoint
Tutorial is the best I’ve seen. http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299
Now if you are looking for professional pixel artists who can help, avoid anything that says “Calamity” on it. Half of them se “pixel artists” know nothing about pixel art. This discord is the best for pa. Look for people with Pink names for the best help.
https://discord.gg/9uEDvM

Most of the "Resprites" are just recolors or lazily edited versions of the sprites, and any of the more unique sprites seem to have little or no effort put into them, and they're rife with inconsistency(for example, some sprites have outlines and higher resolution, while others have black outlines and are in the standard resolution.) Most of yours are not shaded at all as well.

Your main problem is mixels(different sized pixels in the same sprite), and I'd recommend using Piskel to sprite in 1x1 and export in 200%. Additionally, you probably should look up some guides for basic spriting(I'd recommend saint11, or asking around on TPA/Calamity Art Server), and I'd advise against recoloring sprites. Try to develop a style and stick to that when making your sprites.

Have a good day, and I hope this helps you develop more skill in spriting.
damn LINES!!!

Back
Top Bottom