1.3.6 Preview: Block Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
this makes a huge difference I am doing a playthrough but I want my world to look nice I can't wait to have this update it will make building my house a lovely experience
I also think that this will allow me to do a WOF area faster as I will be able to make the platform easier. but what will happen if you use it on Hellstone will lava erupt out of it just wondering thanks

Wouldn't this change some competitive multiplayer games? The sand trap being one of the most common strategies used in CTG would be useless if this didn't have an off switch. Just swap out the fourth tile up from the bottom and dig safely. Other than that I can't wait, building my skyscraper will be SO much easier.

Very cool... can we also have crafted light/helmets, too??? I've only been asking for this for 4 years now :) I am old... I need lots of light (even on my 65" HDTV)… please let me combine a miner's helmet with every other type helmet in the game to give me a lighted helmet (i.e. a lighted Turtle Helmet, a lighted gold helmet, etc.)

I know you could easily do this if you wanted to.... please??? Also my son (who is almost 5) loves Terraria, but is afraid of going into really dark places... he would really appreciate this, too :)

Thanks!
~Jim

TL;DR on the 18 pages of this thread.

Is this seamless? Can I replace blocks underneath chests with items in them? Cause normally, you'd have to take everything out of the chest, break the chest, and then break the block. (or break the block, and the empty chest drops anyway, same thing.)
This will be a game changer.

You wouldn't actually create a pathway, you'd be replacing it with dirt. I suppose if you could reach every ore in a vein, and wanted to replace it with dirt, yes. Dirt doesn't belong everywhere though.

This would be invaluable for fixing the Jungle after a Crimson/Corruption "wave" after WoF (Hallow is introduced, and Hallow+Crimson/Corruption gets a "wave" which transforms blocks to Hallow/Crimson all the way to the Underworld, which a lot of times includes the surface. In the case of Crimson/Corruption+Jungle, Any blocks converted by Evil (Grass, Stone, Sand) will convert mud to dirt, grow grass, and become Crimson Grass, which starts killing your Jungle.

I really don't get how so many people don't understand that it uses pickaxe power.
[doublepost=1542837105,1542836819][/doublepost]Wait a sec, what would happen if you replaced a chair (if you can replace chairs) while someone is sitting on it? Would they be forced off or would the style change while they sit

I really don't get how so many people don't understand that it uses pickaxe power.
[doublepost=1542837105,1542836819][/doublepost]Wait a sec, what would happen if you replaced a chair (if you can replace chairs) while someone is sitting on it? Would they be forced off or would the style change while they sit

People are waiting for a "Creative Mode" they may have thought this was what they were asking for, a way to change any block at any time.

But at the same time, they talk about it like it's something that will be in survival, to make picks useless?
It still requires a pick to work, and it also doesn't swap out a block with air. If you wanted to REMOVE a block, you'd still have to use a pick.

It's just meant to save you time, instead of digging out a bunch of clay, stone, and copper/tin to replace it with dirt, or change wood types, or break all your items on your floor to replace the floor, or under your chests, or the chests themselves, not replace pickaxes in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom