Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than quitting and reloading which takes forever, I just let him kill me if I'm not up for the fight.

Moon Lord wasn't actually summoned. Something honked off the cultists and the cultist archers were running back and forth tracking on me, but I blocked off the mouth of the dungeon entrance a while back so they couldn't actually reach me and none of them died. They were just mad at me for some reason. Never even saw the Lunatic Cultist. I chose to book it and go poke around a different world.

Uhm, is there a fix for maps blacking out? I went to the world I generated just after the release of 1.3, in which I'd done a lot of exploring and farming, and both the minimap and the large map were all blacked out again.

Eh, I'd been intending to go putter around in another world anyway... I'd found quite a few underground cabins in my just-post-1.3 world and wanted to go see if I'd missed any paintings. Then I got over there and discovered that the entire map had reset to black.

Got a decent stash of goodie bags saved up, and got three magical pumpkin seeds from breaking the pumpkins spawning all over my world. They like spawning right in front of my door for some annoying reason.

My wife and I were playing PS4 Terraria daily until last year. The post-1.3 PS4 Terraria UI is so terrible that my wife and I have restarted characters in PS3 Terraria so we can still play the game without worrying about it getting ruined again. The 1.3 UI transparency, crafting process, inventory management and zooming make the PS4 version unplayable.

As a life-long gamer across PC and console for 35 years, I have to remark that this is probably the worst laid-out patch I've ever encountered in any game. The patch consists of many conscious decisions that make the game worse. I'm really confused who thought these changes were a good idea. I sincerely hope these changes are reversed at some point, perhaps when the Switch version launches, or made optional.

Thanks.

My wife and I were playing PS4 Terraria daily until last year. The post-1.3 PS4 Terraria UI is so terrible that my wife and I have restarted characters in PS3 Terraria so we can still play the game without worrying about it getting ruined again. The 1.3 UI transparency, crafting process, inventory management and zooming make the PS4 version unplayable.

As a life-long gamer across PC and console for 35 years, I have to remark that this is probably the worst laid-out patch I've ever encountered in any game. The patch consists of many conscious decisions that make the game worse. I'm really confused who thought these changes were a good idea. I sincerely hope these changes are reversed at some point, perhaps when the Switch version launches, or made optional.

Thanks.

Unfortunately they've already said they're not giving us the old UI back. Better get used to this new one. At least the UI slider makes it easier to see. I can actually read the words now instead of having to identify things by shape and color.

Final count from the Halloween event: 5 hoppin' jack banners, 7 ghost banners, 2 raven banners, 2 bloody machetes, 4 bladed gloves, and 1 1/3 stacks of goodie bags. And more Underground Hallow stuff than I could shake a stick at, since I was using my chaos elemental farm to grind goodie bags (thus all the ghost banners, since I was in the cavern layer for three irl days straight). Only thing the buggers haven't dropped yet is the Rod of Discord.

Hello everyone. It's been quiet on this thread recently, so I thought I'd create a poll.

I've notice that worlds take AGES to load in single player, but not multiplayer. My guess as to why is that, in multiplayer, the map is not fully loaded until a minute or so into gameplay. Personally this doesn't bother me at all, and I would prefer that to happen in single player as well, rather than waiting so long for the world to load.

I'm hoping that if enough people agree, I can show that to the devs and they can investigate whether it's a viable option or not. The link is below, all you need do is click one button or the other.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/poll-should-the-map-load-separately.74450/

Thanks.

Any news on a patch? It's been ages without any word. I've done a couple of videos to demonstrate the lag issue:

Any news on a patch? It's been ages without any word. I've done a couple of videos to demonstrate the lag issue:

O.O What kind of glowing mushroom farm is that?

Still want to know how to build that Frost Moon farm. Every tutorial video I find about event farms assumes we have 1.3.4 tech at least and they never show the actual building or wiring.

I haven't had much problem with lag, but then, I haven't been looking for it, and even the Martian invasion or solar eclipse doesn't have that much crap flying around the screen

Have shared both videos with the team.

Not sure what is going on off-screen on both (I mean I know mechanically what is going on... but what I mean is can you get a screen or sense for what is there construction-wise?).

These are pretty edge-case things, occurring when a TON of things are going on all at once - but still will see what the team says.

The Unity/SDK update they mentioned last monthly update should be pretty soon, I think.

These are pretty edge-case things, occurring when a TON of things are going on all at once
It's only been happening since the last patch though; before that there was no lag at all. I'll take some screens tomorrow and post them.

:sigh:My Xbox is only laggy when it starts a world and it says drawing map and the second time it does it it stops at 10% and loads one% a second until like 53% then it loads. It’s the only thing but it gets annoying. At least it wasn’t before the last patch update. Back then random items where getting deleted from my inventory

For some reason in multiplayer, I kept coming across huge voids without blocks east, west and down, sometimes I could enter them but get surrounded as they load, but mostly if I entered it just said error or closed down the game. They're just massive holes where nothing has loaded.

Please bring back the old UI or at least make it similar to old-gen. I loved having it as big as the entire thing and it's really hard to see down in the corner. It kinda sucks. It'd be great if you could make the sort-of fullscreen-ish menu that opened up instead of it just being the tiny boxes. The picture shows exactly what I want back. The whole menu that opened up with the different tabs for weapons, armor, and potions, and such. PLEASE consider this or at least make an option in the settings to do so. Something like: Old-gen UI. ON/OFF Please, I can hardly play the game without having to be a foot away from the screen.

Attachments

• 560px-Dragon_Mask_-Console-_Adamantite_Helmet.png
    560px-Dragon_Mask_-Console-_Adamantite_Helmet.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 142
Please bring back the old UI or at least make it similar to old-gen. I loved having it as big as the entire thing and it's really hard to see down in the corner. It kinda sucks. It'd be great if you could make the sort-of fullscreen-ish menu that opened up instead of it just being the tiny boxes. The picture shows exactly what I want back. The whole menu that opened up with the different tabs for weapons, armor, and potions, and such. PLEASE consider this or at least make an option in the settings to do so. Something like: Old-gen UI. ON/OFF Please, I can hardly play the game without having to be a foot away from the screen.
I would love that, but they've made it clear that they're never going to let us have that option.

Have shared both videos with the team.

Not sure what is going on off-screen on both (I mean I know mechanically what is going on... but what I mean is can you get a screen or sense for what is there construction-wise?).

These are pretty edge-case things, occurring when a TON of things are going on all at once - but still will see what the team says.

The Unity/SDK update they mentioned last monthly update should be pretty soon, I think.

Sorry, the pics are a bit later than promised (revenge!!). The issue with the Frost Moon arena is the number of pumpkins generated by the Horseman's Blade; I've run the farm during the day with the Solar Eruption and there was no lag. @Cyberra the rail is around 100 tiles away from the chamber, if you're going to use this set up. Although it looks like only red wire going into the chamber, it's actually all three; the colours seem to have display priority over each other, instead of appearing mixed.

The issue with the Truffle Worm farm is the flame traps; I know this because my life fruit farm used to have them (to clear the vines) and it lagged just as badly. I've since switched that one to dart traps and there is now no lag.

Both these issues began with the last patch, not the original update to 1.3.

Attachments

• FM chamber.jpg
    FM chamber.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 150
  • FM rail.jpg
    FM rail.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 162
  • FM rail no wire.jpg
    FM rail no wire.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 149
  • TW farm.jpg
    TW farm.jpg