tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

hey amgio mira I have a problem / bug that frustrates me a lot, this is usually manifested when I'm in a cave or something deep my camera starts to move like crazy and I start to teleport everywhere and when I want to fight with the d
evourer not I can: / they could fix it or give advice
The shaking is likely due to the "Earthquakes" or "Tremors" options, I forget what it's called. "Earthquake screen shake" or something. I'm unsure about the teleporting or not being able to (summon?) the Devourer. That sounds like another mod is causing it, as I've experienced neither of those issues.

hey, is there any way to disable particular gameplay changes?
On the main menu, there should be an "Overhaul settings" option. In there you can change a number of Overhaul changes.
For a bit more customizability (I believe there's more, anyway), go to your saves folder (on Windows, usually Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader) and there should be an Overhaul Settings folder or file, edit the contents of those.

More fine-tuned control is planned last I heard, but currently if it isn't in the ingame config or the config files, there is likely no easy way to change it currently.

On the main menu, there should be an "Overhaul settings" option. In there you can change a number of Overhaul changes.
For a bit more customizability (I believe there's more, anyway), go to your saves folder (on Windows, usually Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader) and there should be an Overhaul Settings folder or file, edit the contents of those.

More fine-tuned control is planned last I heard, but currently if it isn't in the ingame config or the config files, there is likely no easy way to change it currently.
I'd like to turn off things, such as movement overhaul, or weapon reload system, but not items overhaul
I think it is not possible to do it ingame nor in saves folder, but thank you anyway

Nice work
I do have one problem though when I join in a game the skybox is only half loaded and sometimes it's not even there maybe it's because I am on a Mac

So how do you reset a character's world position?

I was grappling onto a minecart rail, and I somehow got stuck in... space? Idunno where exactly. But basically, the game bugged out so hard my character got yeet'd 8000+ blocks Up and to the Left, and I'm unable to open the Inventory, unable to use potions, unable even X then F use a magic mirror, and my buffs do not tick down At All. What happened, and how do I fix it?
[doublepost=1543779414,1543779333][/doublepost]
maybe it's because I am on a Mac

Yep, there's your problem.

Hey, question here: Does anyone have a good button mapping for a DS4 controller with these extra commands? I mean, I'd love to get a custom command like double tap for the dodge roll, but it looks like there's none.

Cool, new versio-
Could not load type 'System.ValueTuple`2' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
at TerrariaOverhaul.NetRequestSystem.Init()
at TerrariaOverhaul.SystemHooks.Init() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\System\System.cs:line 39
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.Load() in C:\Users\Merser\Documents\My games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\TerrariaOverhaul\OverhaulMod.cs:line 405
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
Oh. :(

3.2 has been released yesterday.
O61RMNM.png

Changelog for it can be found here.

Cool, new versio-

Oh. :(
This is why we can't have nice things. Wrote it down.

A bug that has encountered with me is that when using modded bows, the game crashes. I don't know if others have experienced this problem.
The blood splatter of the game is great, but for some reason myne just doesn't show most of the time (blood on tiles). I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just something rong at my end.

Fixed in 3.2

So how do you reset a character's world position?

I was grappling onto a minecart rail, and I somehow got stuck in... space? Idunno where exactly. But basically, the game bugged out so hard my character got yeet'd 8000+ blocks Up and to the Left, and I'm unable to open the Inventory, unable to use potions, unable even X then F use a magic mirror, and my buffs do not tick down At All. What happened, and how do I fix it?
Can you check if it gets automatically fixed once you switch to 3.2?

Let's hope that they hear us.
I'd like to turn off things, such as movement overhaul, or weapon reload system, but not items overhaul
I think it is not possible to do it ingame nor in saves folder, but thank you anyway
Are there any settings to disable just the changes to pickaxes? I like using them as a keep-away weapon.
As stated in the update post, I'll open a poll on discord for what changes people want to see, config update will be one of the options, so join this.

On multiplayer last position is not saved ... also on multiplayer tree falling animation not working. Dedicated tmodserver

Since the music update bosses seem to despawn when entering phase 2 in multiplayer. My friends and I are unable to progress in the game with terraria overhaul enabled, we had no issue prior to updating.

***Edit*** It is definitely related to the music update. We reverted to 3.1.2 debug and the issue went away.

Last edited:
Since the music update bosses seem to despawn when entering phase 2 in multiplayer. My friends and I are unable to progress in the game with terraria overhaul enabled, we had no issue prior to updating.

***Edit*** It is definitely related to the music update. We reverted to 3.1.2 debug and the issue went away.
Same, and mostly all moded bosses don't spawn, also can't progress further

3.2.2 Bugfix released.
Changelog:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/23225728
Heya. This patch fixes the mod not working on Linux & Mac, as well as bosses disappearing in multiplayer mid-fight. Plus 2 there's bugfixes that should improve performance & stability. That's all for now.

Also, feature voting is open
on the mod's discord.
AtTtEAS.png

[doublepost=1544384796,1544384738][/doublepost]

Same, and mostly all moded bosses don't spawn, also can't progress further
fix for that is out.

Last edited:
Let's hope that they hear us.
hey, is there any way to disable particular gameplay changes?
This mod conflicts me. On one hand, I love its aesthetic and atmospheric features, especially the addition of seasons. But on the other hand, I just couldn't care less about the gameplay changes to make the game harder (it's already hard enough in vanilla), and it's also really buggy, as seen in the above screenshots. (I also have the same Autopause problem, and I kind of really need autopause.)

I'd really appreciate options to just keep the aesthetic changes and ignore the gameplay changes, while also having all those bugs fixed.
Scroll up, feature voting is open on mod's discord. Although configs seem to be loosing to sleeping on beds right away.
KChPKnk.png

Also, feature voting is open
on the mod's discord.
I'm not in the Discord but if I can throw in my two cents from a development standpoint, people are going to want those configs eventually, and no matter what is chosen, steps should probably be taken to prepare for the (pardon the pun) overhaul of the configs. Just getting the groundwork in place, implementing any new features with more configurability in mind, etc. And since it would be such an undertaking, it may be better to spread it out over many updates rather than adding them all at once.
As you go from feature to feature, changing, updating, fixing, adding, etc. naturally you can make them configurable one by one, adding new configurations to each update, rather than trying to shovel the absolutely massive list into one big update. It would also allow more granular testing, so if some configurations don't work quite as intended there isn't a cascade of bug reports from the huge number of difficult-to-implement configurations.

As for some comments on the "annoyance fixes" section:

-Bringing back auto-reuse and moving charging would be good. I'm pretty sure I wore out my old mouse mainly from Terraria, and that was just vanilla. I would suggest implementing this in a different way, however. Instead of binding to Right Click (which could conflict with any number of other mods or mod-added items), have a bindable "charge" hotkey. Perhaps default to Middle Mouse button, or holding ALT when clicking, etc. with an option to have it be either a toggle or a hold.
This way rather than being stuck with RMB or whatever someone has it bound to, it would have a seperate keybind people can set at will (including Right Mouse Button if they so choose)

-The invasion changes should be a config option rather than just one or the other. Some people may prefer the current system of suspense and never knowing when you'll be attacked, while others could prefer the vanilla route.

-The changes to lightning strikes feel unneccessary. Lightning's primary purpose is atmosphere and starting fires, as far as I can tell, and neither of those would be improved by making them also spawn far away from any players and not start fires when distant. All players would notice is the occasional ash-ified blocks or trees. A bit more immersive, probably a bit, but also kind of less interesting since players wouldn't see or hear lightning strikes as often.

-The wing liquid changes are good. It makes sense you could propel yourself with wings in the water (birds do it) but tire out faster. This would also make modded areas underwater far more bearable with Overhaul.

-The Queen Bee changes... Well, if I'm being honest, personally, I think Queen Bee spawning during summer should never have been a thing in the first place. She is a boss which in many cases is meant to be faced at a certain point, with certain equipment, and it basically punishes players for not progressing "fast enough". At least make it configurable on/off.

The flail overhaul sounds legitimately interesting, as currently flails are... rather underused and underuseful. Perhaps give them a damage buff too, as currently they aren't all that more powerful than swords in most cases (especially with sword charging) and are kind of a pain to use well (and would probably still be significantly more demanding than other melee weapons in comparison after these changes). Maybe instead of a charge mechanic, have it so if you swing in opposing directions it builds up momentum, then deals damage based on momentum similar to arrows, if that isn't too difficult.

And lastly, the sleeping. This seems neat but sounds like it would be a pain to implement. If I might suggest something though, perhaps also allow "sleeping" (or I suppose, "resting", perhaps a slower, weaker form of sleeping) during the day as well, to recover faster, and even to get to night faster.
Perhaps add a "well rested" buff to encourage occasional resting/sleeping for a little bit too that gives say, minor improvements to all stats for a little while, similar to and stacking with the well fed buff. And also, if it's possible, have some sort of detection in place for servers so that if a player is found to be "AFK" and hasn't had any player input for say, a minute, they count as asleep for the purposes of time-speeding-up.

I dunno, just some thoughts I had about proposed changes.

I wanted to ask if Terraria Overhaul is necessary to be activated during the world creation, my pc isn't that good still can handle all the big mods, but in getting stuck at world generation sometimes (i want the perfect world so i create various to get the world i want).

Couple of bugs I found,
82gWFAl.png
the UI in the settings menu is slightly off center and when I disable the new music, the old music doesn't play, from what I found so far it doesn't play music for the jungle, night, underground, alt underground and alt overworld day.

I wasn't able to find a Bugs Section, So I will post it here, till I get yelled at for not being able to find it. I am Unable to Load into any worlds with the new update with Overhaul. Seems like a massive Graphical Issue. (Seeing that When I load into the world, Everything loads black before Crashing.) Here is a Screenshot of the Crashlog:
Terraria Error_Overhaul.PNG

(The game was so :red:ed up, I couldn't Copy the Text.)

When i shoot the vanilla sniper rifle it says this:

Silently Caught Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at TerrariaOverhaul.Weapon.SpawnCasings(Int32 type, Int32 amount) at Copy<<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0>(<>c , Object , FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs )
at TerrariaHooks.TerrariaHooksManager.OnLogSilentException(Action`3 orig, Object self, Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at Hook<<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0>?58340994(<>c , Object , FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs )
at TerrariaOverhaul.Weapon.SpawnCasings(Int32 type, Int32 amount)
at TerrariaOverhaul.SniperRifle.<Init>b__0_3(SoundInstance instance)
at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundInstance.Update()
at TerrariaOverhaul.SoundSystem.Update()
at TerrariaOverhaul.SystemHooks.Update()
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.OnUpdate(Boolean isPaused)
at TerrariaOverhaul.OverhaulMod.OnUpdateNotPaused()
at System.Action.Invoke()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
Top of spoiler

What should i do?

Back
Top Bottom