NPCs & Enemies Fixing Mech Boss Auto-Spawn

Zekeram12

Queen Bee
I've been playing through Terraria again*, and I've found one of the biggest problems with early Hardmode is the fact that basically every other night, a Mech Boss tries to murder me, with it being so bad to the point where the Twins tried to fight me on the first night. To fix this problem, I suggest a few options:
A) Decrease the spawn chance for the mech bosses dramatically. This would definitely aid with the problem, but not fix it completely.
B) Limit when they can auto-spawn. For example, it could be limited to after the pirate invasion or after you mine your first piece of Adamantite/Titanium. You could still get the summoning item off enemies, but the mechs won't just randomly show up to beat you up.
C) Remove their ability to auto-spawn. My least favorite option, but still an option nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of the mech bosses spawning themselves, but they spawn much too often.

If anyone has ideas to improve this, feel free to suggest.

Technically it'd be my first full playthrough of 1.3, even though I "beat" the game on 360.

I'm in favor of removing their spawn chance entirely; it just makes the game more annoying, rather than actually giving any real challenge. Although it's nice to not have to use a summoner sometimes, the summoners are also pretty darn easy to craft.

nah, if you have a potato computer, it could take (irl) days for them to even auto-spawn, do not think only for yourself, my colleague

Mechanical bosses only have a chance to spawn once you've destroyed a Demon Altar, they'll also stop spawning randomly once you defeat them

You could also just Save and Quit or hide underground to scare away the mechanical boss for the night

If you want the hardmode ores badly enough that you are annoyed at the mechs spawning once you break an altar, crates are a way to circumvent that.

Or, just get enough ore that you can craft one of the 1.2 armor sets, and grab a stormbow. You'll be able to kill them instead of them killing you.

I've been playing through Terraria again*, and I've found one of the biggest problems with early Hardmode is the fact that basically every other night, a Mech Boss tries to murder me, with it being so bad to the point where the Twins tried to fight me on the first night. To fix this problem, I suggest a few options:
A) Decrease the spawn chance for the mech bosses dramatically. This would definitely aid with the problem, but not fix it completely.
B) Limit when they can auto-spawn. For example, it could be limited to after the pirate invasion or after you mine your first piece of Adamantite/Titanium. You could still get the summoning item off enemies, but the mechs won't just randomly show up to beat you up.
C) Remove their ability to auto-spawn. My least favorite option, but still an option nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of the mech bosses spawning themselves, but they spawn much too often.

Technically it'd be my first full playthrough of 1.3, even though I "beat" the game on 360.
I think Mech bosses spawning randomly is a step in the right direction for Terraria players to not be so reliant on the Wiki to play the game.
If I just beat the WoF for the first time and I had no idea on what to do, fighting mech bosses/crafting mech summoning items would not come to mind unless the game started randomly summoning bosses.

Also is boss random spawns that much an issue? I never really had that issue, or perhaps I don't mind dying once to end it?...

Honestly I really don’t mind the auto spawn bosses. It gives you an easier way to access them instead of having to make the items or farm enemies. Although, I’m the kind of player to farm hallowed mimics for the Stormbow, than farm for a bunch of pixie dust and unicorn horns.

I do get the frustration in which new players have, however. I totally agree with option B, although, I feel like it should be when you first mine Orchilum/Mythril, because those armors are really good with enough setup.

Honestly I really don’t mind the auto spawn bosses. It gives you an easier way to access them instead of having to make the items or farm enemies. Although, I’m the kind of player to farm hallowed mimics for the Stormbow, than farm for a bunch of pixie dust and unicorn horns.

I do get the frustration in which new players have, however. I totally agree with option B, although, I feel like it should be when you first mine Orchilum/Mythril, because those armors are really good with enough setup.
Basically just pray your world has Titanium because that armor set is amazing :D

Or just go underground when the night starts or until 10 pm if you get the message

It is actually really hard to tell when the player is "able" to face the bosses. For the Eye of Cthulhu, for example, you need to have 200 HP and 10 of defense for it to start spawning naturally. And 3 town npcs.
As for the mechanical bosses, since the game shifts to a class based gameplay, certain classes will have way more defense than others. That already breaks one thing that could be used to check if the player is ready.
Can't set it to check for max health, since most likelly the player will have 400 max health before even entering hardmode. So scrap that too.

The only way the spawn of the bosses could be delayed, is if they spawn after you recruit the wizard. But that may end up causing a neglecting on rescuing him on early hardmode, meaning no endless ammo craft.

The only remedy I have for that issue, is to stay on the underground during the night the bosses are about to spawn (And I mean the entire night). Or simply reenter the world after the message appears, since the boss spawn progress isn't carried over when you reload worlds, so the game forgets It was trying to attack you that night.

Back
Top Bottom