tModLoader Critter Craze!

This mod is incredibly underrated for what it does.

However just a few things that I think could be improved:
* Lumoth sometimes drops Brightbulbs after being killed which IMO it should only be collectable with the bug net.
* Luminous Lantern still lights the area when equipped in a social slot while no other light accessory does that.
* Luminous Lantern could have a small brightness reduction.
* Fish could perhaps spawn a little more frequently.
* Moths seem to spawn more commonly than butterflies, but I haven't entirely tested as with my playthrough with this mod, house was built in the snow where no butterflies spawn.
Thanks for the feedback!
- Brightbulbs are meant to be an item that drops on death. That way, you choose between catching and harvesting the Lumoth
- This was intended, but I’ve severely nerfed its lighting capabilities in the social slot.
- Done!
- Also done*
- Also done*
*I haven’t had the time to test out said changes; when I update the mod, I’ll need someone to make sure my spawnrate edits aren’t too busted, thanks!

Damn yes! We need more of your mod! It's a work of art to make the world more alive, I thumbsup it
Aww, thank you! I have to power through finals before I truly start working on this mod. In the meantime, I’d love each and every idea you guys have for content moving forward. Thank you guys for your continued support :)

What about having worms(critters) actually move in dirt blocks, like the truffle worm, but passively and slowly. Would need to set a spawn chance.
Some bees as well, actual, non aggressive bees. Could spawn near nests in the jungle, and rarely near flowers on the surface.
A way to make birds sit on trees, like actual birds! And fly away if the tree is cut.
More insect wildlife in grass, like mantis staying still hidden within, or beetles on trunks.
Small spiders spawning on placed cobwebs, with variety(there's soo much possible).
Mosquitoes during dusk and night near water.
Dragonflies over water too(except ocean).
Sand ticks jumping around if there's movement and waiting in the sand.
Baby granit golems hiding as rocks on the ground.
A magnificent camo moth that stays on marble walls to become almost invisible.

Do I need to continue, or is this enough to work until next year? :p

edit: oh, and small spirits floating around in the respective soul biome.

Sorry for keeping you all in the dark for so long! Expect an update soon, though I’m starting from scratch from the last update, as I’d like to focus on new things!

hey yuyu! love your weather mod!

-is this mod multiplayer compatible and ok to use with thorium spirit various weather ?
-plants still grow on old world?

i dont know how i miss this! do you have more MODS from you and your team ? , IM A FAN :p

Hey guys! A new update for the mod is out. Updated the mod to the latest version of tML .11.5.

v .1.1.4
- Added a Mod Icon
- Misc. fixes to critter spawn rates

Please report any bugs you may have. Known ones include the facts that Cages don't work. I will release a fix for this later on. Enjoy!

Download on the Mod Browser or Direct Download Listing

Bit of a problem - updated this and Fargo's Mutant mod earlier today and my world became eerily quite. After playing for a bit I realized that essentially the NPC spawn rates had been effectively set to zero (just mobs, not critters). I individually disabled just this mod and then Fargo's Mutant mod, and the problem only happens when I have Critter Craze enabled.

Cheers 🍻

i have same problem, after updating the mod I had no enemies at all, even when it was blood moon, and goblin army event didn't spawn after notification.
[15:11:48] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SpiritMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at Critters.NPCs.Fish.SpiritKoi.SpawnChance(NPCSpawnInfo spawnInfo)
at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.ChooseSpawn(NPCSpawnInfo spawnInfo)
at Terraria.NPC.SpawnNPC()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
it spams with various errors but all involve "SpiritMod_0". I don't have spirit mod

Attachments

• client.log
    11.4 MB · Views: 115
I believe I've fixed the issue here. Please check out the following patch and let me know if the issue has been resolved.

v 1.1.1.5

- Fixed intermod conflicts resulting from Critter Craze.

Download on the Mod Browser or Direct Download Listing.

When I try to place down any cage (critter in a terrarium), a dirt block is placed down instead of the cage. Is this a bug, or is it just some other mod conflicting?

Love the mod, particularly the tiny slimes, any chance for tiny variants of every slime (maybe even modded slimes)?
:kingslime:
My only other suggestion would be a tiny slime pet similar to the UFO, fantastic mod! And to make the UFO a light pet so I could use both of them.

Zenblossom breaking game in multiplayer, it makes some tiles invisible
1585035184460.png

Any tips on finding cleft hoppers? I haven't been able to see a single one yet. I've encountered Blossmoons and Moths in the underground desert but no hoppers after several hours of grinding for desert items

Back
Top Bottom