Weapons & Equip True Copper Shortsword - A new hardmode throwing weapon

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing is, if you stand really close to an enemy that doesn’t move, such as an everscream or a golem, you can reach 3000+dps with that thing.
[doublepost=1527400315,1527400213][/doublepost]
The thing is, if you stand really close to an enemy that doesn’t move, such as an everscream or a golem, you can easily reach 3000+dps with that thing.
You know that double posting is generally frowned upon, right?

And high DPS against a stationary target is one thing, but against something like Ice Queen, it really wouldn't be an effective weapon.

The thing is, the weapon toss three at once instead of one by one, like the light disk, meaning it can deal rediculous damage when used with the golden shower, and still wayyy too good without it.
Also, the frost moon is usually fought after golem, and even then nobody except yrimir can reach Snow queen first try.

The thing is, the weapon toss three at once instead of one by one, like the light disk, meaning it can deal rediculous damage when used with the golden shower, and still wayyy too good without it.
Also, the frost moon is usually fought after golem, and even then nobody except yrimir can reach Snow queen first try.
Anyone who knows how to make a proper arena can reach the final wave on the first try.

This weapon is balanced as an "in-between" of sorts between the true Night's Edge/Excalibur and the Terra Blade. It can't reach the DPS of the latter, but it lacks upgrades. Also with 1.3, the possessed hatchet performs nearly identical to this, but three are not thrown a two once but rather in quick succession. Finally there are other weapons in this tier that could honestly outpreform it, looking specifically at ranged weapons. Is it strong? Maybe. But keep in mind if it were added it probably wouldn't be identical to this.

Tl;dr to most of the people here, I honestly don't care much about this thread anymore and I'm not making any more changes. It's balanced fine as it is now.

Anyone who knows how to make a proper arena can reach the final wave on the first try.

This weapon is balanced as an "in-between" of sorts between the true Night's Edge/Excalibur and the Terra Blade. It can't reach the DPS of the latter, but it lacks upgrades. Also with 1.3, the possessed hatchet performs nearly identical to this, but three are not thrown a two once but rather in quick succession. Finally there are other weapons in this tier that could honestly outpreform it, looking specifically at ranged weapons. Is it strong? Maybe. But keep in mind if it were added it probably wouldn't be identical to this.

Tl;dr to most of the people here, I honestly don't care much about this thread anymore and I'm not making any more changes. It's balanced fine as it is now.

Well, firstly, 98% of all people never made it to the final wave, that’s with post-golem weapons, including the influx waver.
Second, have you ever thrown a boomerang at a dummy when standing extremely close to it? If you had, you will understand how ridiculous the dps can be, now increase the base damage to 225(3^75), and you got yourself a weapon that hits harder than the coin gun +plantinum coins combo when up close close.
Not to mention this homes, making it a great weapon for most bosses.
I know you doesn’t care, i’m Just telling the developers why this should be seriously nerfed, to the point that it’s actually weaker than the terra blade when up close.

I think we should just buff shortswords in general, giving them a unique design (like many posts on the forums) and instead get... the true arkhalis!

Lol this would be so cool! I would totally make one but you definitely have to buff it. It should have at LEAST similar ATK power as the Meowmere. Which I do not know the ATK power of but I know it's OP.

My terra blade does 120 something.... Probably because of its Legenday modifier. Besides, true copper shortsword totally needs to get buffed. You garbage your first chance at the beginning of the freaking game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom