Weapons & Equip Crystal Rifle

Horizontal 8

Terrarian
It'll be a upgraded version for the already pain in the butt to get Coin Gun expect even more powerful..... It shoots gems and coins...... Yeah.

1. How do you get it?
2. How much damage does it do?
3. How am I expected to get this?
4. Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from, Cotton Eye Joe?

1) Combine Crystal shards + Coin Gun
2) Lots of DAMAGE
3) GRIND , GRIND , AND GRIND THE PIRATE INVASION
4) IF IT HAVEN'T BEEN FOR COTTON EYE JOE , I WOILDVWO BEEN MARRIED A LONG TIME AGO.

1) Combine Crystal shards + Coin Gun
2) Lots of DAMAGE
3) GRIND , GRIND , AND GRIND THE PIRATE INVASION
4) IF IT HAVEN'T BEEN FOR COTTON EYE JOE , I WOILDVWO BEEN MARRIED A LONG TIME AGO.
1. I wouldn't think that combining those materials is a good idea. If you manage to obtain the elusive Coin Gun, you probably already have access to the Crystal Shards in the Hallow, making an easy and quick upgrade to an already potentially overpowered weapon. As such, this should be a weapon obtained with much later materials, depending on when you wish to get the item.
2. It would be better if you specify. How much stronger is it than the coin gun? Higher velocity shots? Any other special effects? Etc.
3. That isn't exactly the best idea. Of course, this is already a flaw in the base game because the coin gun is absurdly rare for relatively no reason. Maybe you could add to the suggestion that the Coin Gun is much less rare, but recieves a nerf so that the "Crystal Rifle" becomes a much more outstanding slaughtering tool(of course, make sure that it is balanced in terms of progression.)
4. He came to town like a midwinter storm

Of course, the general idea of an "upgraded Coin Gun" doesn't exactly appeal to me. It would only seem sensible if the Coin Gun was a tool that was more widely available to the playerbase and was nerfed in a way that doesn't make it absolutely overpowered. Within the specified reason, this would make the "Crystal Rifle" a weapon that becomes a viable tool later down the road in Hardmode if sought after.

1. I wouldn't think that combining those materials is a good idea. If you manage to obtain the elusive Coin Gun, you probably already have access to the Crystal Shards in the Hallow, making an easy and quick upgrade to an already potentially overpowered weapon. As such, this should be a weapon obtained with much later materials, depending on when you wish to get the item.
2. It would be better if you specify. How much stronger is it than the coin gun? Higher velocity shots? Any other special effects? Etc.
3. That isn't exactly the best idea. Of course, this is already a flaw in the base game because the coin gun is absurdly rare for relatively no reason. Maybe you could add to the suggestion that the Coin Gun is much less rare, but recieves a nerf so that the "Crystal Rifle" becomes a much more outstanding slaughtering tool(of course, make sure that it is balanced in terms of progression.)
4. He came to town like a midwinter storm

Of course, the general idea of an "upgraded Coin Gun" doesn't exactly appeal to me. It would only seem sensible if the Coin Gun was a tool that was more widely available to the playerbase and was nerfed in a way that doesn't make it absolutely overpowered. Within the specified reason, this would make the "Crystal Rifle" a weapon that becomes a viable tool later down the road in Hardmode if sought after.

How about the materials should be this

15 Luminite Bars + 20 Crystal Shards + 5 of each gem + Coin Gun = Crystal Rifle

For the upgrade
It should relatively stay the same.e but will do more damage but the Crit Rate is much lower due to the higher Damage . If Plat Coins due 200 dmg , than dimonds and Amber should do 300 or if that's too high 250 . For special effects it should be like the crystal bullets where the crystals break off into smaller projects.

And I think it makes a little sense , you shoot your precious dough so why not be a bigger pimp and shoot previous Stones?

Personally, I think the Crystal Rifle should only be able to shoot crystals. Also, there's no reason to lower the Crit Chance because the Coin Gun has a 4% crit chance (standard of most weapons). I like the concept of a Crystal Rifle, but personally I don't think it shouldn't be an upgrade to the Coin Gun. But this is your suggestion, anyways.

the gems could fracture on impact like crystal bullets. I’d imagine this firing like a rocket launcher. Each gem could have different effects too. Ruby: fire damage, emerald: poison ect...

Back
Top Bottom