Xbox One Game crashes to dashboard at 99% liquids

Kenpachizs11

Terrarian
Ok so my primary world now always crashes and send me straight to the Xbox one dashboard every time it is at 99% loading liquids. The thing is that the percentage jumps from 50 to 99 then I hear the audio glitch out and I'm right back at the dashboard. However my other world's that I do not have developed at all, as in I have nothing, those world's load perfectly fine. What is wrong and can I fix it?

Ok so my primary world now always crashes and send me straight to the Xbox one dashboard every time it is at 99% loading liquids. The thing is that the percentage jumps from 50 to 99 then I hear the audio glitch out and I'm right back at the dashboard. However my other world's that I do not have developed at all, as in I have nothing, those world's load perfectly fine. What is wrong and can I fix it?
Hi @Kenpachizs11, I’m hearing others that are having trouble with worlds after this last patch update. I’d recommend sending in all your info straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) using their preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Including as much detail about the world as you can will help them pinpoint the issue faster. You likely won’t hear a response from Pipeworks, but be assured that they look through every bug report.

Ok but could it have something to do with me changing some settings on my Xbox so that stays "Christmas" in terraria forever while I'm still in the world because the wiki didn't say wether or not that was something only people on PC could do

Ok but could it have something to do with me changing some settings on my Xbox so that stays "Christmas" in terraria forever while I'm still in the world because the wiki didn't say wether or not that was something only people on PC could do
How did you change it to be Christmas forever?

Well that's the thing if you look up on Google(that's what I use) "terraria presents" and go to the wiki (not the gamepedia that asks you to download the app) and at the top of the 'Notes' subsection it says

"Hint: If you missed the holiday seasonal event and you just can't wait, changing the date on your device to a time between December 15th - 31st will allow you to receive presents from monster drops as well as have Santa Claus move into a House."

I tried to see if I could do that and after I got out of the settings I noticed that the my world was a bit more laggy than it normally is and I had no wiring/traps activated

Well that's the thing if you look up on Google(that's what I use) "terraria presents" and go to the wiki (not the gamepedia that asks you to download the app) and at the top of the 'Notes' subsection it says

"Hint: If you missed the holiday seasonal event and you just can't wait, changing the date on your device to a time between December 15th - 31st will allow you to receive presents from monster drops as well as have Santa Claus move into a House."

I tried to see if I could do that and after I got out of the settings I noticed that the my world was a bit more laggy than it normally is and I had no wiring/traps activated
I wouldn’t think that just changing the date on the console would cause that, but you never know. Definitely good info to include when you send in your bug report to Pipeworks.

Is this the official post for this issue? I have seen many reddit users reporting this as well, and am sorry to say I've experienced this multiple times now also.
It might have something to do with how much of the world you have revealed, because the initial "fix" was to create a new character, which would let you load the world. However, once I revealed about as much as before (about 1/5 of the world (large)) my game crashed again with the same kind of error I had on my original character.
Would really appreciate learning more about this bug, and when it might be fixed.

Is this the official post for this issue? I have seen many reddit users reporting this as well, and am sorry to say I've experienced this multiple times now also.
It might have something to do with how much of the world you have revealed, because the initial "fix" was to create a new character, which would let you load the world. However, once I revealed about as much as before (about 1/5 of the world (large)) my game crashed again with the same kind of error I had on my original character.
Would really appreciate learning more about this bug, and when it might be fixed.
Hi there @cmschneids, welcome to the forums. :)

That’s interesting info - I do wonder if it has to do with how much if the map is revealed given what you experienced. If you delete the map save are you then able to get back into that world with a previously used character?

If you haven’t already, Pipeworks (the console developers) is asking that if you experience this issue, that you send in as much detail as possible to their preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

It’s nothing to do with that Christmas date idea because I’ve never done that but i’m having the exact same problem and I even made a second character to get back on my main world but now that one is crashing too. I’d hoped this would be fixed with the latest update but it’s still crashing

It’s nothing to do with that Christmas date idea because I’ve never done that but i’m having the exact same problem and I even made a second character to get back on my main world but now that one is crashing too. I’d hoped this would be fixed with the latest update but it’s still crashing
Good to know changing the date isn’t a factor since you never did it @B3NHYD3, thanks for sharing. You may have already, but if you haven’t please send in details about what you’ve experienced with this issue to Pipeworks here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You likely won’t get a response as they can’t reply to each individual report, but getting them the info will help them in figuring out a cause.

Hi there @cmschneids, welcome to the forums. :)

That’s interesting info - I do wonder if it has to do with how much if the map is revealed given what you experienced. If you delete the map save are you then able to get back into that world with a previously used character?

If you haven’t already, Pipeworks (the console developers) is asking that if you experience this issue, that you send in as much detail as possible to their preferred bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

How do you delete a map save for a character? I can't seem to figure it out

@Kenpachizs11 @cmschneids @B3NHYD3 - There is a possible workaround to this that I wanted to see if it works for you guys. From the main menu, disable the map and see if you are then able to open the world. You won't have any map, but you might be able to at least play in the world with your original character. I'd love to hear if this works (or not) for you guys.

@Unit One - That does indeed allow my character to load into the game. When I re-enable the map it crashes at roughly 95% settling liquids again. I really don't want to play without a map though, so I hope this is fixed someday

@Unit One - That does indeed allow my character to load into the game. When I re-enable the map it crashes at roughly 95% settling liquids again. I really don't want to play without a map though, so I hope this is fixed someday
Thanks for checking into that though. I understand not wanting to play without the map. At least it looks like it’s a workaround for those that don’t mind not having the map for now.

Back
Top Bottom