tModLoader Glowing Water

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hello. Yuyutsu here. In minimalist fashion, I present to you:

Glowing Water

This mod makes water in the Hallowed and Glowing Mushroom Biomes glow. This effect only takes place in the surface, and not underground (so as not to reveal multiple pockets of water around the player and ruin immersion).
Here's a picture of what it looks like in game:
Hallow__1545878119_37514__1545878119_41672.png

Enjoy!

Credits:
An absolute huge thanks to @Boffin for his invaluable help with code! Thank you so much :)

Download:

Find it on the Mod Browser or the attached file. There's a mediafire link, too!

Have a good one!

Attachments

• Glowing Water.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Simple, but awesome. However, it feels like this could be something that would fit nicely into your Random Improvements mod. For those who don't prefer some of those settings, perhaps you could possibly design a configuration file to enable/disable such features at their choosing?

Simple, but awesome. However, it feels like this could be something that would fit nicely into your Random Improvements mod. For those who don't prefer some of those settings, perhaps you could possibly design a configuration file to enable/disable such features at their choosing?
Debated this, and decided against it. I realized that glowing water may be a turnoff for some and that it warranted its own mod. I haven’t delved too much into config files, either. Hope people don’t mind that this is its own standalone mod :)

Hello. Yuyutsu here. In minimalist fashion, I present to you:

Glowing Water

This mod makes water in the Hallowed and Glowing Mushroom Biomes glow. This effect only takes place in the surface, and not underground (so as not to reveal multiple pockets of water around the player and ruin immersion).
Here's a picture of what it looks like in game:
View attachment 214814
Enjoy!

Credits:
An absolute huge thanks to @Boffin for his invaluable help with code! Thank you so much :)

Download:

Find it on the Mod Browser or the attached file. There's a mediafire link, too!

Have a good one!
I never thought that luminescent water would look so good
[doublepost=1545923226,1545923185][/doublepost]I assume this is on tmodloader?

Just a heads up saying that modded support is available to any modder that asks. If you want the water in your biome to glow, shoot me a PM or message me on discord.

Last edited:
two bugs, both regarding fountains:

hallow/mushroom water caused by a fountain will not make the surrounding water glow (checked in the same place at the same height)
fountains don't emit light if their water glows, fountains also might look cool with a glowmask
obviously spirit isn't my mod but regarding the message about mod support, glowing spirit water might look cool, same applies to spelunk surge's granite water

obviously spirit isn't my mod but regarding the message about mod support, glowing spirit water might look cool, same applies to spelunk surge's granite water
SacredTools Shadows of Abaddon has the Flame-Razed Forest, which would also be fitting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom