tModLoader [WIP] DMode Mod

Do you like the mod's concept?

• Great! I want to test this right away!

• Yeah. Cool.

• I'm afraid of breaking the game...

• Not so good. Needs polishing.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Glad that it has been fixed!
Is this mod currently support modded damage type like symponic in Thorium Mod?

I've found another game breaking bug: when an item is used, all other items (even if they do not exist) have their skill system activated as if you were using all of them at once or as if they were all the same item. The mod has been taken out of the mod browser for fixing. Hope this time I get it right.

View attachment 214967
Is it normal for a weapon that has not been crafted to have skill?

Edit: It seem have the same skill value as the weapon in 1st hotbar.

Edit2: the same skill value as the weapon that the player last used

Edit3: When I crafted new weapon, those exist weapons' skill values seem also reset to zero.

Bug Fixed! Although there's still a chance of 0.00015625% of this happening again with 1 item only.

It still happens when I opened treasure bag, crafted things from Magic Storage's crafting interface and pulled things from Cheat Sheet's item browser.

How does one upgrade armor with a "Gem of Upgrade"? It says on the armor tooltip that its possible, I just cant seem to get it to do it.

How does one upgrade armor with a "Gem of Upgrade"? It says on the armor tooltip that its possible, I just cant seem to get it to do it.
You must have it "selected" on your hotbar, with which I mean, in your characters hand. Only then you can Right Click to upgrade it.

You must have it "selected" on your hotbar, with which I mean, in your characters hand. Only then you can Right Click to upgrade it.
Thank you! Also, is there a way to edit how fast enemies level up? I just had to fight a Destroyer with 10 100ish dps summons and a 120dps weapon that I've leveled and i barely scratched its health bar. I keep getting slammed by goblin invasions and blood moons so they've leveled out of control.

Thank you! Also, is there a way to edit how fast enemies level up? I just had to fight a Destroyer with 10 100ish dps summons and a 120dps weapon that I've leveled and i barely scratched its health bar. I keep getting slammed by goblin invasions and blood moons so they've leveled out of control.
Since the mod isn't even barely complete yet, I did not program a config file, but as you said, it seems that I forgot to change the enemies' growth equation from second degree to a linear... it must be really funny and scary at the same time.

It still happens when I opened treasure bag, crafted things from Magic Storage's crafting interface and pulled things from Cheat Sheet's item browser.
After player a couple hours, yes, you are right, it's still there, and even after writing it again so many times, it still won't work properly.
So, here's my solution: I'm going to change again how the Skill System works. It seems that using arrays for these type of systems is not a good idea.

Since the mod isn't even barely complete yet, I did not program a config file, but as you said, it seems that I forgot to change the enemies' growth equation from second degree to a linear... it must be really funny and scary at the same time.

After player a couple hours, yes, you are right, it's still there, and even after writing it again so many times, it still won't work properly.
So, here's my solution: I'm going to change again how the Skill System works. It seems that using arrays for these type of systems is not a good idea.
Yea, sometimes it jumps. you spend a bit getting better gear, get hit with a few events or farm one too many slime kings and boom. you get One-hit K.O'd by a parrot. The mod is amazing though. It would be neat to see an item you spawn with that gives you the option to turn off enemy leveling though. Since I adore the rest of the mod. It helps not suck as a summoner compared to the rest of the play styles.

The skill system bug and the adjusted level bonuses for the enemies is 90% complete. I may release it in the next Tuesday, only because I'm going to be very occupied with some national exams here in Brazil. See you guys soon in the next update!

Hey there! Moonbad here. D-Mode has been updated again, and this time, I added a Soul Booster to the mod. This may help speed up the progress, but be careful: every time a soul booster is crafted, it may hurt anyone in the world that has a soul booster in their hands, dealing 30 piercing damage, also ignoring the invincibility timer. Monsters have been nerfed, especially bosses that have more than 80000 HP. The Skill System has been also nerfed, because it was really fast to upgrade the items with no effort at all, but still, I have to test it again to see if it is good enough.

In the next update, I will re-insert the Infusion System in the mod, but in a very different way: it will be as a special upgrade that inserts a damage type themed passive. For instance, the Summoner's Infusion will make so that the player has a chance to randomly spawn vortex portals. And that's all. Thanks for playing my mod and see you guys in the next update!

The ownership sistem is broken for me, no mater how much tomes i use, the tools still with the "no owner" status. I've disabled all other mods, thinking that was some uncompability, but still the same

The ownership sistem is broken for me, no mater how much tomes i use, the tools still with the "no owner" status. I've disabled all other mods, thinking that was some uncompability, but still the same
Can you explain to me the exact details about this bug, and some past events that could have triggered it? It can be a very specific condition. Also try creating a new character and world.

There needs to be an exchange rate for Green Orbs to Red Orbs. I usually end up with 10K+ green orbs and next to no red orbs. Maybe an exchange rate of 12 to 1 might not be a bad idea? also, it could work the other way around.

Also, a big gem of upgrade is not a bad idea. craft it with 100 of the normal ones.

Even better, in my opinion, items like pickaxes, axes, and maybe hammers should have quality increase their speed or mining power instead of damage and crit chance.

I understand this will take a while, so take your time. I really like this mod, even better than Calamity.

Last edited:
There needs to be an exchange rate for Green Orbs to Red Orbs. I usually end up with 10K+ green orbs and next to no red orbs. Maybe an exchange rate of 12 to 1 might not be a bad idea? also, it could work the other way around.

Also, a big gem of upgrade is not a bad idea. craft it with 100 of the normal ones.

Even better, in my opinion, items like pickaxes, axes, and maybe hammers should have quality increase their speed or mining power instead of damage and crit chance.

I understand this will take a while, so take your time. I really like this mod, even better than Calamity.

Oh my! I loved what you said there, you have read my mind.
First, about the Orbs: I also noticed that Green Orbs end up accumulating a lot more than Red Orbs, so I'm thinking on multiple creative ways of exchange besides crafting.

Second, a Big Gem of Upgrade is a superb idea, but it would be quite expansive to get. I might add a "Superior Upgrade Gem" that instantly increases the Quality by 25 to 30 at the cost of 20 of the regular ones.

Third, increasing the mining power of axes and hammers is not a problem, but messing with the pickaxes is a bit dangerous since it could potentially allow the player to mine powerful ores too soon. I'm thinking on adding a maximum bonus of 4% bonus mining power. Also, the Skill System already increases the mining speed of all tools by 15% at Master Level (10), so adding another way of increasing it's mining speed to synergize with it would be neat.

And last, I'm quite surprised my mod would be considered better than the Calamity mod so, thanks, I really appreciate that.

Hey There, Moonbad here. In these days I've been exploring my code again, and found some more bugs due to some lack of attention I had. You guys might not have noticed, but the Soul System was adding 80 extra Soul Points for all levels after the first level up for no reason, so I fixed it. I also made that so that Destiny Points in Expert Mode reduce the amount of Soul Points necessary to level up after the resets. That'll make the leveling smother and faster by a bit, reaching it's maximum reduction at 50% Destiny Bonus. Additionally, fixed a bug where, when having an attribute level up, the amount of exp necessary to level up would include the determined attribute 2 times instead of 1, making it so much harder to progress, but now... it's fixed. Next on, overall monster's defense has been nerfed, and bosses with more than 6500 health have their bonuses diminished by a bit, but only in Expert Mode. Well, this update will occur soon, but after
psycodylan's tips, I want to apply those features he talked about as well. Then, that's all for now folks. See you in the next update!

Some modded magic weapons won't increase mind attribute properly, not sure if this is caused by 64 bit tmodloader though.

Example: Elemental Awoken's Starbolt and Ice Spike.

Edit: It is caused by 64 bit tmodloader.

Edit2: Wait, it is not. And not just magic weapon, some random weapons across many mods have this kind of problems.

Last edited:
Some modded magic weapons won't increase mind attribute properly, not sure if this is caused by 64 bit tmodloader though.

Edit2: Wait, it is not. And not just magic weapon, some random weapons across many mods have this kind of problems.

I was waiting for that to happen really. My mod only is able to detect projectiles that have a damage type clearly specified, so if the modder did not set that up, it's not going to increase the stats, and of course, there's nothing I can do. What you can do however is to ask the developers to put the damage types in their projectiles, which is easily done by just adding one line to the projectile's code. But of course I'll try to solve this, even though is not my mistake, so that you can enjoy my mod at it's full potential.

There you go. Every projectile of unknown damage shot by the player may receive the damage type of the weapon that it came from. This does not apply to secondary projectiles (projectiles that come from other projectiles).

Back
Top Bottom