Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

I recently remade my gem swords from a while ago.
GemSwords.png

Pathogenite.png
index.php

I took the liberty of respriting your pathogenite set, @World's biggest...
I hope you like it, and hopefully you can take some inspiration away from this!

I have some tips for your spriting.
- When you sprite, make sure your highlights (brightest color) are not single pixels, and rather one or two unbroken lines.
- Try to increase the contrast with your colors
- When you have a green color, try to make the brighter colors more yellow. It adds to the color.
- When you have a metal color, try to shift most of the colors toward a purple or blue.

Thanks a lot, those resprites look good, but I must confess that with the grey parts I wasn't going for a metallic look. My aim was for the weapons to look organic. Of course, there's nothing wrong with your sprites - they look better than mine. Thanks also for the tips, I'll be respriting the stuff soon using them and also to try and communicate my ideas for the set better as the material of them isn't clear.

Also, if you don't mind, could I have some criticism on my EoC resprite I posted earlier? You seem pretty knowledgable and I feel like that sprite could be a lot better. Thanks in advance if you decide to help.

index.php
EyeOfCthulhu.png

My version is on the right.

I didn't really change much, because you did pretty well on it, and honestly the stuff I changed is just little nitpicking.
- If you are fine with another shade, it would look better if you made the outline of the bloody bits lighter when inside the eyeball.
- I changed a little bit of the shading with the eye. The outer purple ring looks a little better with a highlight, and I changed the pupil to have a thicker highlight.

- Edit: Thinking back, there is another thing you might change. You could make the highlights on the tentacles a little thicker, kind of like how I did on the pupil. It might look a little better. I didn't do this on my example.

Last edited:
SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD CREATE A SET OF SUMMONER CLASS ITEMS FOR A STORY IM WORKING ON. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING TO OVERCOMPLICATED JUST SOMETHING TO WORK WITH.
THANK YOU!

SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD CREATE A SET OF SUMMONER CLASS ITEMS FOR A STORY IM WORKING ON. I DON'T NEED ANYTHING TO OVERCOMPLICATED JUST SOMETHING TO WORK WITH.
THANK YOU!
1. Summoner items for a story? o_O (Nothing wrong with that, mind you, just usually stories don't need pictures?)
2. Requests should be handled on individual spriter's threads. Please, as Mutator has Caps Lock'd out, request them there or PM a spriter (for those who don't have threads).
3. Explore the forums! Find spriters there!
4. While your username/pfp does suggest anger, just please keep in mind our eyes and sanity when you post in that font and style!
This is probably okay, THIS IS NOT.
And to make sure that this comment is actually a spriting related comment, here's a sprite of a burning trash can which might or might not be an interpretation of a certain video released a week ago...
download.png

Thank you @Ai - T.a.S.A.I., that was very well said.
To keep with the theme of the spriting thread, here is some sort of futuristic snowball cannon upgrade.
SnowballAccelerator.png

EDIT: Also, some sword I just made which I call Dokukyoku, meaning poison thorn.
Dokukyoku.png

It is a resprite of my very first sprite, which I called first sprite for obvious reasons.
FirstSprite.png

Last edited:
Hey guys. I made some personal items as well a few other fun things.
dcv0jph-25400152-7321-465b-946e-d0ce6d253973.png

Eventide
dcv0jow-d4c9d4b8-f320-45b7-9f42-9023595dde7e.png

Sunset Storm
dcv0jp1-ffaab1e3-21ea-492e-9e45-b558a0df4644.png

Miami Sunrise

dcv0jp9-08f4f216-39c8-45da-a106-cb61d0cdb6a9.png

Ghost of Yoyo
dcv0k5b-19f3810b-6de4-49ec-8fc7-8d13684732db.png

Ultrashark
dcv0k8f-c9d16a49-bf3f-4c03-a198-3258cf74e453.png

Lava Flea

Two years ago, I made a set of rune blades. I was very proud of it at the time. A year ago, I was sure that I had improved my spriting quality immensely, so I redid them again. Today, I noticed how bad they looked, so I resprited them. "Two years" of effort, ladies and gentlemen.
RuneBlades.png

Two years ago, I made a set of rune blades. I was very proud of it at the time. A year ago, I was sure that I had improved my spriting quality immensely, so I redid them again. Today, I noticed how bad they looked, so I resprited them. "Two years" of effort, ladies and gentlemen.
View attachment 214727
That's some amazing progress! I liked the rainbow blade in the middle over the other two though!

Back
Top Bottom