Mobile How to get higher waves in Solo Frost Moon?

Hi guys. I'm looking to get the reindeer mount before the 1.3 update (to free up 1 acc slot), so I'm grinding the frost moon event for the bells. Sadly, I could only hit up to wave 14.

I use golden shower, mythical razorpine (ice queen), godly bubble gun (ground bosses), and mythical razorblade typhoon spell for mobs. I also have avenger emblem, celestial stone, fishron wings, star necklace, mana flower (all menacing). I also use magic dmg boosting pots.

What else could I do to get further?

Edit: I also use both headgears of spectre armor.

Last edited:
This thread here might be of some help. Here is a complicated setup that will definitely work.

Essentially, you want high DPS and virtual invincibility.
You can use the Beetle Shell armor and some Warding accessories to get your defence above 85 (not all accessories need to have Warding, you'll want Violent to increase melee speed). You can then stand on a spike (from the dungeon) and take 1 damage every so often to avoid damage form everything else.
To get high amounts of damage, you should use the Horseman's Blade and set up at least 5 critter statues on 3 1-second timers. These are wired such that every third of a second a critter should spawn and immediately be killed by the blade, spawning the pumpkin projectiles that'll home in on the mobs. To increase the damage dealt, you should use the following accessories: moon stone, warrior emblem, avenger emblem, celestial stone, and any shield (paladin preferred as it provides 6 defence) to avoid knockback. With this setup, your blade should do at least 150 dmg for each pumpkin projectile. You can use other buffs/potions if you wish.
The platform you stand on should be a few blocks above where you would see the ground. This is essential to limit enemy spawning, which allows further use of traps on the ground. there should be flat land around 45 blocks across centred where you'd stand. On either side, you should create a 1 block deep lava lake to prevent enemies spawning outside of your reach and to destroy non-valuable items that may despawn the more valuable ones.

Generally, you'll have 30 mins to 1 hour and 30 mins of in-game time to farm for the reindeer bells but with a lower that 1% chance of it dropping, you'll expect to do this event quite a few times
Here's my setup that worked
IMG_0016.jpg

*Updatet Version of an older comment of mine*

My highest wave so far was 17, but i did without any potions or arena preperations, will set things up and im certain to finish all 20 waves with that, keep you updatet.

My gear is rather unusual, as i used the cloud trick to multiple platinum coins.

Agile Coin Gun, 8000-9000 DPS, 85% Crit Cloaked (Only for Everscream and Santa NK-1)

Unreal Snowman Canon, 2500-3000 DPS, 88% Crit Cloaked (Killing the Minions with it insanely fast, first 5 Waves drop in not even 3 seconds, also used for the Ice Queen because of its Homing Abilitys)

Fast Clockwork Assault Rifle + Ichor Bullets (Only hitting every spawned Ice Queen once to inflict Ichor-Debuff and get around 3200 DPS with my Snowman Canon)

Full Shroomite Gear, Launcher Headpiece
Lucky Hooverboard
Lucky Golem Eye
Lucky Sniper Scope
Lucky Destroyer Emblem
Menacing Ranger Emblem

(Did this to get over the 85% Crit Mark, up on research and testing the damage output is significantly higher this way)

Ammunition : Ichor Bullets, Platinum Coins, Rockets III.

To not get bumbed around i use the Double Hook and anker myself with it into the ground, this way random hits wont get me out of position, increasing my aim. It doesnt replace a Paladin- or Ankhshield, but in my opinion its better to have 19% extra damage. After wave 10 however you need to un-and reanker at each beginning of the next wave because the Ice Queen will otherwise hit you with her Frostwaves right after spawning, which is to much damage to handle in most cases during the heat of the fight.

For Healing Purposes i have a full Spectre Armor with Hood in my Inventory + Razorpine in my Quickbar, just switching gear in midfight if my Hearts fall below one Red Bar and refill almost instantly on a Boss. (From my experience you need at least 5-6 hearts left when equiping the Spectral Armor in order to be able to heal yourself without getting killed by a random hit, which is the reason for the un-and reanker sequence i mentioned earlyer)

I assume this is the Absolute Edge of DPS you can currently archieve in Terraria Mobile, i played with the Tsunami also, but i realized that its DPS and usefullness (even with Heartarrows) dwarfes against the Coin Gun and Snowmancanon. Everscream and Santa-NK-1 despawn within 3 seconds, only the Ice Queen takes about 10-15 seconds due to the fact that you need to chase her in order to get all Rocket Homing triggers right and its DPS is less then 1/3 of the Coin Gun.

All Weapons and Gear took me about 2 Weeks to collect (only used the Item-Duplication-Bug to get enough Platinum Coins for Weapon uses, the Gear is probably earlyer to archieve with a higher amount of time invested in grinding) with a fresh started Character, together with some loadouts for meele (Terra Blade, Flairon, Fishron Wings ect.) which i wont post until someone asks for it, because it doesnt do even a fraction of the damage the Ranger loadout provides.

Would like to hear if in the meantime (this thread has a couple of days on its back) someone archieved to finish the Frost Moon Solo without the use of Traps.

yynDDGP

JmgjGX7

Last edited:
It may be a good idea to set up a sort of "spawning zone" so that everything spawns in the same area and you can move through waves quicker. Make a platform high in the air, flatten the area where you want things to spawn, and make sure the area around it is non-spawnable.

It may be a good idea to set up a sort of "spawning zone" so that everything spawns in the same area and you can move through waves quicker. Make a platform high in the air, flatten the area where you want things to spawn, and make sure the area around it is non-spawnable.

This did the trick, i got to wave 18 in my last attempt a few minutes ago with a flat area and a plattform in the air. My next step will be crafting all the potions to full-buff and set up a campfire, heart lanterns and honeypools. I think with that it should be possible to finish the Frost Moon Solo.

Edit: also did a adjustment in my strategie, if the Ice Queen appears i dodge her first few Frostwaves while spamming Rockets into the Minions, and as soon as she start her spinning attack i hit her with the Coin Gun, kills her in about 4 seconds.

This did the trick, i got to wave 18 in my last attempt a few minutes ago with a flat area and a plattform in the air. My next step will be crafting all the potions to full-buff and set up a campfire, heart lanterns and honeypools. I think with that it should be possible to finish the Frost Moon Solo.

Edit: also did a adjustment in my strategie, if the Ice Queen appears i dodge her first few Frostwaves while spamming Rockets into the Minions, and as soon as she start her spinning attack i hit her with the Coin Gun, kills her in about 4 seconds.
Good to hear that it's working for you! Just keep at it!

Back
Top Bottom