Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have an earlier-gen console with Terraria on it? Make a world with a few chests in it, stick the things you want in those chests, and transfer it forward. That's what I did for a few items I keep running out of and are resource-intensive to remake. If not... You might be SOL unless you can find someone willing to trade.

What console are you on?
I only have one that got updated, and my console is PS4, but what does SOL mean?

Ah. I'm on Xbox, so I can't help you. (I have a 360 with Terraria, so if I need stuff I can just send it ahead via my storage world)

"SOL" means "sadly outta luck" or "sh*t outta luck", depending.
Ah, well it looks like I'll have to inform some of my friends from the online trade then

Can there be an option for the old crafting interface? The one with all the tabs that showed you why you couldn’t craft but showed you what you needed? The new one is just so frustrating and small and I don’t know how to craft what I used to have and it’s getting me no where. I just want an option for the old crafting, thanks.

Unfortunately they have said the old interface is not coming back. They want the experience across platforms to be the same, UI included. Which means the guide is now your only ingame source for finding out what you need for crafting, and even then he doesn't tell you everything like the old interface did. I suspect they found the old UI to be too hand-holding. I seriously hope some real improvements are coming for the UI because as it stands the console versions are burdened by the PC UI.
Me too really, I liked the old interface a lot better just because it gave me a goal to aim for

This isn't really a problem, but I think you should be able to stack snow globes, the other summoning items stack and snow globes can fill up your inventory for example if you wanted to bring a load of snow globes to online multiplayer

I have the GPS and Goblin Tech on my character and watching these statistics brings up a question... in Game Time, from my house to the Ocean takes 1:20 and they claim my mine cart is traveling at 66 MPH. Mathematically, that means I should have traveled almost 80 miles. Yet, according to the GPS, which measures in feet, I only traveled 7,700 feet or 1.46 miles. So, I am guessing that this should by 77.00 miles and both the display and Wiki are incorrect in stating "feet"? Would this be considered a reportable bug?

I have the GPS and Goblin Tech on my character and watching these statistics brings up a question... in Game Time, from my house to the Ocean takes 1:20 and they claim my mine cart is traveling at 66 MPH. Mathematically, that means I should have traveled almost 80 miles. Yet, according to the GPS, which measures in feet, I only traveled 7,700 feet or 1.46 miles. So, I am guessing that this should by 77.00 miles and both the display and Wiki are incorrect in stating "feet"? Would this be considered a reportable bug?
This is probably just to make the speedometer feel more realistic. Doubt it's a bug.
Just wondering, when will 1.3.1 come out?

So ever since this update came out it's been a love/hate relationship. I can get over the new UI (with the hopes that eventually the issues with overlapping text boxes will be changed or adjusted), there are tons of quality of life improvements as well as plenty of fun new items/gears/biomes to find which is all great stuff (really looking forward to later patches to get more of that desktop content.. like the other weapons that can be made with Light/Dark shards from Mummies), but ultimately my experience has been marred due to a persistent and consistent issue with the game's frame rate dropping, most noticeably while trying to move around.

This is on Singleplayer too, mind you. Even while standing still the animations of NPCs or background objects will stutter, small movements of only a few blocks causes the game to jitter just enough to make things like precise targeting and block removal/placement feel tedious, it even seems to delay me from using a grapple right when I need to (requiring multiple pulls of the controller trigger, no issues when playing other games), and can be really jarring when quickly traversing terrain with rocket boots/wings. And I noticed when I took off the cool new animated dyes you can get from trading in Strange Plants there was a fairly significant decrease in the frame drops, but not altogether fixed. I'm using a regular PS4 and not a PS4 Pro (if that can be a possible cause), and prior to the late 2017 patch Terraria had never given me this laggy/jittery problem except in multiplayer (although that was worse than what I'm experiencing now in S.P.)

I apologize if this issue has already been spoken of and discussed by anyone in this forum, I just made my account here in the hopes of possibly getting some answers as to whether or not I'm alone with this problem, why it may be happening, and hopefully some news about it getting fixed some time?

I apologize if this issue has already been spoken of and discussed by anyone in this forum, I just made my account here in the hopes of possibly getting some answers as to whether or not I'm alone with this problem, why it may be happening, and hopefully some news about it getting fixed some time?
You're not alone having these issues. Us Xbox users are having them as well. I really hope the performance issues can be fixed soon as it removes a lot of the fun playing Terraria (UI changes I can live with). Particularly the grappling hook not firing at critical times is a big issue for me.

I don't know if someone has already mentioned this, but there should be a way to pause in splitscreen mode, even with all players having autopause on and players bringing up the options menu, it doesn't pause and the game continues in the background. Because of this there's been a few occasions where i've either missed an event, missed an angler quest because morning has turned up, or just ended up dying at the otherside of the world. I might be missing something here and there is a way to pause, but if not it isn't the best when you've returned from dinner or something then figured out you've lost 5 gold that's miles away.

Very few online multiplayer games allow the game to be paused, as it makes it very easy to grief the other players by pausing at awkward moments. Unless there are some kind of election where all players must agree to pause, I don't see how it could work.

Your best option is to tell the other players you need to go away for a while, then park the character somewhere safe.
Or if you aren't the host, you could just leave the session for a while.

Abit late to the forum page here but loving the updates! Terraria has come a long way since I first played it. I think it was something like 2011 or 2012 I first played.

I love the stuff added in this update. It’s new, fun, unique. But there’s one thing that makes me hate the update.

Loading a world would take 10-20 seconds before the update. Now it takes 2 minutes. Creating a large world would take 2-3 minutes before the update. Now it takes 10 minutes.

Is there no way to fix this? It’s been over a year since the update came out. Isn’t that enough time to fix simple loading times? I get that worlds have more stuff jam packed into them now, but it’s not so much to increase the loading time 5x. And loading a world, that’s ridiculous.

In my humble opinion, the way the cursor works either needs to be changed again or at least sliders and options to customize the speed and sensitivity should be added, i honestly feel the cursor highly imprecise when using ranged and mage weapons and this never happend before the addition if moonlord on ps4, the cursor is either to fast or it locates too far from my character making it too uncomfortable to use with ranged, not to mention harder to aim.
I suggest to add a "legacy" option for the cursor so players can make it work like it used to before the moonlord update on console, i am pretty sure im not the only one that prefers it.

Stopped playing a year ago, came back and see all the change! amazing work! However, i really have problem wth the size of the UI, being able to resize would be a great QoL add-on! And the guide help about craft is somewhat misleading, it's no more clear which craft station we need to do a thing we see in the menu... I know the wiki exist and it is well-done but it so much better when we dont have to look on our phone while we play on our TV just to know how i can make this or that!

Why recently is that loading sunflower coming up 50 million times more than it used too? If anything it is one of the greatest dangers in terraria, that plus crash or freeze isn't a good mix. And why so many crashes in splitscreen? It's happening a lot where it just freezes and you have to close the game and reopen it, and there's also been this error occurred automatic close one time when a sunflower appeared and I had to go delete some corrupt data and lost stuff like accomplishments and settings. And now another freeze in splitscreen has yet again occurred, it would be ok if I could close the application, restart, maybe lose a few stuff since last save, and continue, but no guess what, oh yay there's 3/4 of a stupid sunflower on my screen, wonderful, can't wait to delete some more corrupted data. Seriously can you please limit the amount that that sunflower shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom