tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
some of your weapons use alot of dust and also travel very far...this can be very laggy.
Which ones? I tried to keep things relatively performance-light, but I didn't do a whole lot of stress testing.
Edit 2- I haven't really gone back and tried to optimize things, so regardless of what you say, I'm going to go in and try to make things more optimal anyway!

Which ones? I tried to keep things relatively performance-light, but I didn't do a whole lot of stress testing.
Edit 2- I haven't really gone back and tried to optimize things, so regardless of what you say, I'm going to go in and try to make things more optimal anyway!

one of the weapons i tested was the "Terra Bolt and the Hydro Pump" they bounce alot and very far across the map...i tested it from my house to a far distance tree and it returned back very quickly after a while it lowered my frames... the hydro pump is a huge dust particle which kinda worries me especially in multiplayer and alot of action is on screen which can turn invisible .

one of the weapons i tested was the "Terra Bolt and the Hydro Pump" they bounce alot and very far across the map...i tested it from my house to a far distance tree and it returned back very quickly after a while it lowered my frames... the hydro pump is a huge dust particle which kinda worries me especially in multiplayer and alot of action is on screen which can turn invisible .
Right, well, I'm definitely going to be toning a lot of these down. With Hydro Pump though, it doesn't go much farther than my 1920x1080 screen. I don't think the dust being large will be a problem, though- the real issue would be quantity, right? I made its particles huge so I could achieve the effect without THAT many particles- but it seems I need even less. I'll definitely run through the mod's weapons and reduce particle counts!

Okay! That's YET ANOTHER update today, but this is good- I'm getting input and fixing issues.

This update optimizes many parts of the game. It's already up on Mediafire, and currently uploading to the Browser. (Edit: Now uploaded! It'll still be a bit before it shows up.)

Blaster Bow, Terra Bolt, and Orion Nebula projectiles now have shorter lifetimes, but gain lifetime when bouncing or hitting an enemy (they can still only bounce so many times)

Hydro Pump has no small gravity particles

Many debuffs have fewer particles when applied to NPCs

Many assorted weapons have fewer particles

Nebula Dissolution no longer spawns clouds, only particles

Arcane Bolt now updates faster- meaning faster flight and faster removal

Both variants of the Kohm now divide bullet lifetime by 4

Last edited:
Wow... I just posted this thing onto the browser yesterday, and it's already over 1,000 downloads. Thank you! I hope people enjoy my mod.

Some weapons are a bit OP for when they are being crafted. should i make a list of them and a suggestion on their Weapon Base Damage?

Some weapons are a bit OP for when they are being crafted. should i make a list of them and a suggestion on their Weapon Base Damage?
Sure, yeah!
[doublepost=1547743160,1547742605][/doublepost]I think I'm going to put the throwing weapons on hold for now. I haven't done any full playthroughs with the mod myself- way too occupied with making MORE stuff... so I'm going to do that! Hopefully, this combined with input from other people will give me a better idea of how to balance things. I've got things set up for note-taking, as well.

Sure, yeah!
[doublepost=1547743160,1547742605][/doublepost]I think I'm going to put the throwing weapons on hold for now. I haven't done any full playthroughs with the mod myself- way too occupied with making MORE stuff... so I'm going to do that! Hopefully, this combined with input from other people will give me a better idea of how to balance things. I've got things set up for note-taking, as well.

You and me both hun...its gonna take a bit and FYI throwing weapons would be awesome!!

You and me both hun...its gonna take a bit and FYI throwing weapons would be awesome!!
Well, thanks for all the help! I've always known I shouldn't just keep making stuff, but it is INCREDIBLY HARD to resist the call of "Oh, that'd be cool though! I wanna make that!"

Well, thanks for all the help! I've always known I shouldn't just keep making stuff, but it is INCREDIBLY HARD to resist the call of "Oh, that'd be cool though! I wanna make that!"

we need more Mod creators like you in the community full of creativity and ideas..me being a dev myself for SacredTools we should look out for each other

as for the weapons i see

"Space Rifle" damage should be from 88 to 42 since it can be gotten pretty quickly and it has has a moderate firing rate
and "FreezeFlame Beam" is the upgrade and 140 is a bit much for something gotten before fighting the moonlord so i sugguest from 140 to 94

we need more Mod creators like you in the community full of creativity and ideas..me being a dev myself for SacredTools we should look out for each other

as for the weapons i see

"Space Rifle" damage should be from 88 to 42 since it can be gotten pretty quickly and it has has a moderate firing rate
and "FreezeFlame Beam" is the upgrade and 140 is a bit much for something gotten before fighting the moonlord so i sugguest from 140 to 94
Well, I tested them out with my DPS testing setup and compared them to ranged weapons in the same tier with ideal ammo.

With Cursed Bullets, the Megashark puts out about 350 dps at point blank, whereas the Space Rifle puts out roughly 340. I do think that's a bit high given the fact that its high per-shot damage lets it worry less about defense than the Megashark, but I don't think it warrants putting the damage all the way down to 42.

As for the Freezeflame Beamer, I pit it against the Chain Gun with Venom Bullets, which has a point-blank DPS of about 720. The Beamer usually does about 600 DPS roughly, so it's already pretty far behind.

See, the problem I had with a lot of vanilla weapons was that accurate, slow-firing weapons in general tended to be way less effective than rapid ones thanks to the vastly inferior DPS which was so bad that not even their pseudo-defense penetration compared to faster weapons could save them. An example is the Sniper Rifle- with its vanilla stats, the thing is utterly inferior to just about everything in the tier BEFORE it, let alone with or beyond.

There's also the fact to consider that slow-firing weapons punish the player MUCH more severely for missing, since they put a lot of damage into a single projectile. If that misses, you lose WAY more DPS than you do with a rapid-fire weapon. They're somewhat high-risk, high-reward- this is why my mod buffs vanilla shotguns and adds new shotguns that have huge DPS potential for the tier they're in(and why it comes with a Chlorophyte Bullet nerf on by default): because they're high-risk. Unlike sniper weapons, shotguns require you to get dangerously close, and when bosses can deal huge damage to you that close by, you need high reward to justify the risk.

I think I'll still nerf the Space Rifle- I'll try putting its damage at 74 and lowering the crit chance from +10% to +5%. The Beamer, though, I think will only receive a crit nerf since its damage already seems fine to me. It will also have +5% crit instead of +10%.

Quick update- these changes seem to have put the Space Rifle in the 250 DPS range, but the Beamer actually does still seem like a bit much. I'll try increasing the damage to 150 and nerfing use time from 14 to 16.

Further update- The change to the Beamer seems to have reduced its DPS to roughly 550, which I think is still much better than before.

Last edited:
Well, I tested them out with my DPS testing setup and compared them to ranged weapons in the same tier with ideal ammo.

With Cursed Bullets, the Megashark puts out about 350 dps at point blank, whereas the Space Rifle puts out roughly 340. I do think that's a bit high given the fact that its high per-shot damage lets it worry less about defense than the Megashark, but I don't think it warrants putting the damage all the way down to 42.

As for the Freezeflame Beamer, I pit it against the Chain Gun with Venom Bullets, which has a point-blank DPS of about 720. The Beamer usually does about 600 DPS roughly, so it's already pretty far behind.

See, the problem I had with a lot of vanilla weapons was that accurate, slow-firing weapons in general tended to be way less effective than rapid ones thanks to the vastly inferior DPS which was so bad that not even their pseudo-defense penetration compared to faster weapons could save them. An example is the Sniper Rifle- with its vanilla stats, the thing is utterly inferior to just about everything in the tier BEFORE it, let alone with or beyond.

There's also the fact to consider that slow-firing weapons punish the player MUCH more severely for missing, since they put a lot of damage into a single projectile. If that misses, you lose WAY more DPS than you do with a rapid-fire weapon. They're somewhat high-risk, high-reward- this is why my mod buffs vanilla shotguns and adds new shotguns that have huge DPS potential for the tier they're in(and why it comes with a Chlorophyte Bullet nerf on by default): because they're high-risk. Unlike sniper weapons, shotguns require you to get dangerously close, and when bosses can deal huge damage to you that close by, you need high reward to justify the risk.

I think I'll still nerf the Space Rifle- I'll try putting its damage at 74 and lowering the crit chance from +10% to +5%. The Beamer, though, I think will only receive a crit nerf since its damage already seems fine to me. It will also have +5% crit instead of +10%.

Quick update- these changes seem to have put the Space Rifle in the 250 DPS range, but the Beamer actually does still seem like a bit much. I'll try increasing the damage to 150 and nerfing use time from 14 to 16.

Further update- The change to the Beamer seems to have reduced its DPS to roughly 550, which I think is still much better than before.

hmmmmm..ill have to see where this goes in the end cause you do have a point that using slower weapons do require a more Damage base cause that makes sense due that its a high risk and high reward kind of thing....however you be careful when applying a high Damage base on Rapid weapons thou...the reason i said 42 for the space rifle is more so because of the crafting required since most weapons around the mech bosses part of the game are usually around 40s to 60s base as far as vanilla weapons are concerned but i trust your reasons.

hmmmmm..ill have to see where this goes in the end cause you do have a point that using slower weapons do require a more Damage base cause that makes sense due that its a high risk and high reward kind of thing....however you be careful when applying a high Damage base on Rapid weapons thou...the reason i said 42 for the space rifle is more so because of the crafting required since most weapons around the mech bosses part of the game are usually around 40s to 60s base as far as vanilla weapons are concerned
True, though the Rainbow Rod can be shot fairly fast and has 74 base damage, too.

My my bud i were wondering how to get souls of bright because we really don't know how and we also really need some

A minor update just dropped! I've compressed ALL the sounds that needed compression in the mod, cut off some ones that went on too long, etc. The result is that the sound effects now occupy only about ONE THIRD of the space they did before, making the mod as light as it SHOULD'VE BEEN all along! The file is now 12.1 MB in size.

Also included are some balance changes related to the Space Rifle and Freezeflame Beamer, and... I'm not sure if the frostfire weapon overhaul was in the last version, but it's in now! They all have an improved pair of debuffs and are crafted with Frostfire Cores. Get it on the Mod Browser!

How to drop the Broken Hero Greatbow? i've already killed 10 Mothrons and they didn't drop it :c
Well, I just checked the code- the drop is in there, and I've tested it before. However, there are six new Broken Hero items it can drop in my mod- so it's technically a one in six chance, per drop... You might just be very unlucky! ^^;

Back
Top Bottom