Pixel Art World's Biggest Sprites (not actually big)

What should I work on?

• Total voters
I might make some changes to the snapper - barrel length etc. But I'm glad you like them! Also, could you tell me when each item would be craftable/found for the first time e.g. post-Plantera, post-EoC etc. Also there is already a water gun in game, but is this one that you requested supposed to be an actual gun with a water theme? or a super soaker type thing? Just that knowledge would be really helpful thanks

Last edited:
For sure ! The water gun is supposed to look like an actual water gun, super soaker thingy made out of plastic. Take something like this for example: https://www.google.ro/search?q=pist...AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=724#imgrc=YFUOemA6bhthDM:
The m4 and the p90 should be craftable somewhere around early post king-slime, in the beginning.
The acorn cannon right at the start at the game.
The snapper right after defeating EoC
The ice themed and desert theme stuff are early post EoW and BoC
The goblin shotgun and sniper are ofc intended to be dropped / crafted after goblin army.

For sure ! The water gun is supposed to look like an actual water gun, super soaker thingy made out of plastic. Take something like this for example: https://www.google.ro/search?q=pist...AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=724#imgrc=YFUOemA6bhthDM:
The m4 and the p90 should be craftable somewhere around early post king-slime, in the beginning.
The acorn cannon right at the start at the game.
The snapper right after defeating EoC
The ice themed and desert theme stuff are early post EoW and BoC
The goblin shotgun and sniper are ofc intended to be dropped / crafted after goblin army.
Good to know. Without that I would have probablymade the desert and ice sets more hardmode-ish. thamnksks

Here are some sprites I made recently for @Kazuo, an ice themed set and a desert themed set.
Sword.png
Pickaxe.png
Hamaxe V1.png
Magic Staff.png
Summon Staff.png
gif.gif
Bow.png
Gun.png

sword.png
pick.png
hamaxe.png
magic.png
summoner.png
summon.png
bow.png
gun.png

No, that is not the Forbidden Armour palette, I made it myself

Small sword.png
:red:eness V2.png

pathogenite set all.png

Recent :red:. White background because I dò̱ń̟'̬̊t͛͜ kň͇ō͉ẘw̄͜w̎w̤͊w̬̽ ̳͠A͕͗H̡̅H̬͐H̤͝H̭̊H̝̑H̽H̗͂H͚̀H͗ͅH̙̀H͉͂

Last edited:
Are you still taking requests? If so I would like to request a few things:
-A shadowy set of tools, weapons, armor, etc + ore and bar.
-An Azurite set of tools, weapons, armor, etc + ore and bar. Picture of Azurite below:
260px-Azurite_from_China.jpg

-A large shadow covered katana that matches with the ninja armor set of terraria.

For the sets of items, if you could make them with all of the things you have with the other requests for sets, please.

- Thank you for making these if you can.

Are you still taking requests? If so I would like to request a few things:
-A shadowy set of tools, weapons, armor, etc + ore and bar.
-An Azurite set of tools, weapons, armor, etc + ore and bar. Picture of Azurite below:
260px-Azurite_from_China.jpg

-A large shadow covered katana that matches with the ninja armor set of terraria.

For the sets of items, if you could make them with all of the things you have with the other requests for sets, please.

- Thank you for making these if you can.
Sorry for not replying, but I'm actually unable to sprite for a few weeks while I am on holiday. I have been for a while which is why I haven't been active. I have other spritework to do once I'm back in the game, but I'll happily get to your request asap.

Y'know, I have got to say, the sprites look great! However, I believe improvements can be made to make them look grea
-Larger sprites kinda remind me of calamity (Mostly the EoC/Spazmatism) and while that's not a bad thing, I believe that vanilla terraria's bosses look more refined in shape than detail, while calamity's is more of a hybrid between shape and detail. And in all honesty, I believe that makes calamity's look less as good as vanilla's.-
-I think you should try to take some of Terraria's most well shaded sprites and try reskinning them to better understand how their shading works compared to yours to improve shading.
-And finally, I believe that if you were to constantly try to create sprites just for fun/other reasons, you would eventually become great at creating sprites
(trust me, I did this by creating school/home made comics on my green drawing book and have now become much greater at drawing and shading compared to only a few months ago. (ex: \/
Before:
20190112_182934 (2).jpg
20190112_182950 (2).jpg
After:
20190112_191242 (2).jpg
20190112_191253 (2).jpg
so overall, I believe that with work and effort, anyone's art can be amazing.

Y'know, I have got to say, the sprites look great! However, I believe improvements can be made to make them look grea
-Larger sprites kinda remind me of calamity (Mostly the EoC/Spazmatism) and while that's not a bad thing, I believe that vanilla terraria's bosses look more refined in shape than detail, while calamity's is more of a hybrid between shape and detail. And in all honesty, I believe that makes calamity's look less as good as vanilla's.-
-I think you should try to take some of Terraria's most well shaded sprites and try reskinning them to better understand how their shading works compared to yours to improve shading.
-And finally, I believe that if you were to constantly try to create sprites just for fun/other reasons, you would eventually become great at creating sprites
(trust me, I did this by creating school/home made comics on my green drawing book and have now become much greater at drawing and shading compared to only a few months ago. (ex: \/
Before:
View attachment 215342 View attachment 215343 After:View attachment 215344 View attachment 215345 so overall, I believe that with work and effort, anyone's art can be amazing.
...I don't mean to be rude... but please don't take the 1st and 2nd points from this message as advice. Calamity sprites are objectively better than Terraria sprites in almost every way, and vanilla sprites are one of the worst things you can decide to reference due to the sheer amount of badly made sprites within vanilla. If you want to improve, study things from spriters that already know what they're doing and stay away from vanilla.

really? I always thought that Calamity integrated the design and look of their creatures and combined them, making it so that every detail in the way they look must be accounted for if you wanted to create a replica of the creature itself. (Trust me when I say this, It got really annoying trying to make something that resembled supreme calamitas, only to fail miserably due to not being able to get it's basic shape and structure right)
But then again, I do see your point. Calamity's designs are much more heavily shaded and adds much more lighting and detail than normal terraria. But for some reason, they just don't look right to me. Either way, I guess that's more to do with what my mind thinks is right and isn't.
Now.... How do I end this post.... Ummmmm…….

Spaghetti

@Kaotic due to my long break from spriting, I've lost some confidence and would like to check if this design for your request is ok, before I go further with it.
LARGE homo.png

Not sure how much of a spriting judge you are but if you have any problems with design/shading/colour palettes, let me know what you want changed.

@Kaotic due to my long break from spriting, I've lost some confidence and would like to check if this design for your request is ok, before I go further with it.
View attachment 216205
Not sure how much of a spriting judge you are but if you have any problems with design/shading/colour palettes, let me know what you want changed.
In my opinion....

upload_2019-1-29_20-8-46.png

You see... After some time passed from reading the comment above, (the one regarding calamity) I decided to check out one of it's sprites to see why I disliked them so much.
And after seeing them, I figured out that it was missing clear segments! (overall, the sprites are great. But the shading kinda blurs out the segments. Making the entire sprites basic construction to look hard to tell until it's broken down into it's basic parts.) And after some time, I decided to check other people's sprites. And see how good/ok the sprites are. And from what I can tell from all of that, is that your sprites look great! The shading is good, the shapes are good. The only negative I could find is that they look like they are made up of the same material, and the thing is, I am fairly certain that that was the intention.

In my opinion....

View attachment 216206
You see... After some time passed from reading the comment above, (the one regarding calamity) I decided to check out one of it's sprites to see why I disliked them so much.
And after seeing them, I figured out that it was missing clear segments! (overall, the sprites are great. But the shading kinda blurs out the segments. Making the entire sprites basic construction to look hard to tell until it's broken down into it's basic parts.) And after some time, I decided to check other people's sprites. And see how good/ok the sprites are. And from what I can tell from all of that, is that your sprites look great! The shading is good, the shapes are good. The only negative I could find is that they look like they are made up of the same material, and the thing is, I am fairly certain that that was the intention.
ew double that
Thanks for the kind words! (and the drawing). Yes, the different parts of the tools are made out of the same material, Azurite. The reference picture was crystal-like so I tried my best to show that on the sprites. Also I gave the handles less highlights than the functional parts to draw attention away from them, because that is The Right Thing To Do.

A lil update on the set... Does Kaotic even know I've started on this?
q5DHoFe.png

Includes rifle, hammer, axe, pickaxe (that looks like a scythe), sword, bow, crafting material and a magic staff or spear.

Wanna take a crack at making me some Shotgun Boots/Gunmetal Boots?
Here was my take on it:
index.php

But you could obviously do better, mine just looks like a boot :D

Doesn't need to look anything like that, but the basic idea is its an accessory like Cloud in a Bottle but can be activated several times in a row in air firing shotgun blasts below.

Back
Top Bottom