Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we focus on mobile and switch before PC pls

It's out of their hands. The company that updates Terraria on PC is different to the one that is doing the mobile and switch version...unfortunately.

Apart from the PC version, the rest of the ports are all in it for the money. It's basic business sense. Why would you pump loads of money into Switch and Mobile when PS4 and Xbox are more rewarding financially. You'll see Switch and Mobile development soar when the PS4 and Xbox sales slow down a bit.

It's out of their hands. The company that updates Terraria on PC is different to the one that is doing the mobile and switch version...unfortunately.

Apart from the PC version, the rest of the ports are all in it for the money. It's basic business sense. Why would you pump loads of money into Switch and Mobile when PS4 and Xbox are more rewarding financially. You'll see Switch and Mobile development soar when the PS4 and Xbox sales slow down a bit.
Ya I see your point

Ya I see your point
Don't get me wrong. I am delighted Terraria is coming to the Switch. I used to play it a lot on the Vita which was and still is superb, albeit a little outdated. I bought it on 4 different platforms and I will buy it on Switch too. I just wish the development was a bit more transparent. For all I know it could be 2020 when it is released because we haven't been told any different.

We meant mobile & switch actually, idk why the hell 1.3.1 and 1.3.6 is even being tried for rn while 1.3 isnt even on other platforms.
As has been said a few posts up, the teams that is building 1.3.6 is the original PC Developer. They have never had anything to do with building the ports of the game to other systems. The team working on 1.3.1 for PS4/XB1 also has nothing to do with working on the mobile and Switch versions. Having multiple teams means that the work of one has no impact on the work of others. Mobile hasn't been a top priority so it got started later than the others. It's not an insult, it's just the way things are.

And no, having these people move around to help will not speed up the process. If anything it would slow things down as they would need to learn the coding for a version they've never worked on. Programming is like being multilingual. Just because you can understand a language doesn't necessarily mean you speak it fluently. Also knowing multiple languages doesn't necessarily mean you can just jump into a new one and be fine.

As has been said a few posts up, the teams that is building 1.3.6 is the original PC Developer. They have never had anything to do with building the ports of the game to other systems. The team working on 1.3.1 for PS4/XB1 also has nothing to do with working on the mobile and Switch versions. Having multiple teams means that the work of one has no impact on the work of others. Mobile hasn't been a top priority so it got started later than the others. It's not an insult, it's just the way things are.

And no, having these people move around to help will not speed up the process. If anything it would slow things down as they would need to learn the coding for a version they've never worked on. Programming is like being multilingual. Just because you can understand a language doesn't necessarily mean you speak it fluently. Also knowing multiple languages doesn't necessarily mean you can just jump into a new one and be fine.
my point is why isnt it a top priority?

my point is why isnt it a top priority?
I'm sure it is a top priority but what you have to understand is what you have here is effectively several different developers working on several different projects.
If the PC devs and console devs both completely stopped working on their respective projects it wouldn't make Switch or mobile get done any faster.

I'm sure it is a top priority but what you have to understand is what you have here is effectively several different developers working on several different projects.
If the PC devs and console devs both completely stopped working on their respective projects it wouldn't make Switch or mobile get done any faster.
I know if others would try to work on mobile it might slow, but im pretty sure if pipeworks and dr studios is working on a game for about 2 years now it shouldnt be much longer.

I know if others would try to work on mobile it might slow, but im pretty sure if pipeworks and dr studios is working on a game for about 2 years now it shouldnt be much longer.
They haven't been though. Pipeworks was working on the PS4/XB1 ports, which the mobile version was based on. Once that version got out, work probably started before realizing that Pipeworks just wasn't equipped to handle 3 console releases and a mobile release. Thus the introduction of DR Studios. I'm fairly confident that no actual progress was made on the mobile version until they were brought on board. So the actual amount of time that the 1.3 mobile release has been in development is probably closer to a few months.

There needs to be a new sniper rifle upgrade. There should also be underwater pirate ships with pirate army loot.
[doublepost=1550167047,1550166898][/doublepost]Also CAN WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR TERRARIA 1.3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom