Other Proper zooming with large resolutions

Notato

Terrarian
My suggestion is to allow an option for players to force zoom values to be multiples of 50%.

When playing with large monitor resolutions (such as ultrawide), the minimum zoom setting is very high. This causes it to skip 1% every now and then when moving the slider even the smallest amount (To clarify, I don't mean that the slider is so sensitive that it's difficult to get a specific number. The slider has small "notches" that raise the zoom level by exactly 1%. When the default zoom is high, one in every few notches will raise the zoom by 2% instead). Now, because Terraria's sprites are made up of 2x2 squares, using multiples of 50% creates a consistent pixel size across the entire screen. However, in this situation, it may be impossible to get the slider on a multiple of 50%.

In my case, the minimum zoom is diplayed as "100% (179%)," and moving the slider raises both numbers. The first number is what is shown in the config file, and the second number is the way the game actually appears. My zoom level can only land on 199% or 201%. I would like to have 200%, but the only multiple of 50% I'm able to get is 300%-- which is zoomed in way too much for my preference. Now, I was able to fix this problem by going into the config file, finding the average between the zoom number listed for 199% and 201%, and then changing the zoom value there. However, this is not a very straightforward method. For this reason, I'm suggesting what I said above.

I don't think you can actually see the difference between 199% and 200% unless you do a side by side comparison, and I like my custom zoom. Maybe we could just type the number we want into a box instead of a slider?

I don't think you can actually see the difference between 199% and 200% unless you do a side by side comparison, and I like my custom zoom. Maybe we could just type the number we want into a box instead of a slider?
Typing in the number would be just as good, if not better. While there is a small visual difference between 199% and 200%, the 199% zoom causes some pixels to appear rectangular. It’s kind of difficult to notice, but having a consistent size is just nice in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom