Map-Adventure Harbinger: Adventure Map

I've come across a problem in the holodeck area.
z7eyC6x.png

I'm spawning in the middle of this lava, and there's no way to get to safety. Did you mean for this to be able to happen?
No. There *should* be no way for the lava to overflow like that. Nobody else that's played the map has reported that happening, and I've definitely never seen anything like it in my dozens of playthroughs. I'd be curious to look at your world save and see why it happened, because something's definitely wrong.
While I'm at it, I can get rid of the lava for you, and send the world back, so you can continue on without issue.

Unfortunately, I've already just grabbed an obsidian skin potion from a different world and got myself to safety(I cancelled the buff once I reached a point where the map was acting normal), and progressed past that point in the map, so I'm not sure what you'll be able to do. And also I don't have any way to share the file with you.

Actually, the problem was i couldn't loot the chest because it was too far, but i had realised that i should have pointed my cursor closer to it's border.
oof :red2:

It's cool, hey, unfortunately, I don't know English. I intended to use the Google to translate the text in the game. It will be spoiled, very helpless!(它很酷,哎,可惜不懂英文,本打算了用Google翻译游戏里的文字,这样做就会剧透,很无奈!);(;(;(

Last edited:
It's cool, hey, unfortunately, I don't know English. I intended to use the Google to translate the text in the game. It will be spoiled, very helpless!(它很酷,哎,可惜不懂英文,本打算了用Google翻译游戏里的文字,这样做就会剧透,很无奈!);(;(;(
I wish I spoke other languages, so that I could have translated versions of the map. Sadly, I do not. Sorry D: Best of luck!

Is there moving lava on that level (@BlueJay_T_Gaming hasn't made it that far yet..!)? If so it might be the liquid duplication glitch, if it's flowing over both sides of a block.
There is moving lava, but it falls straight out of a pump down into another pump, so no chance to duplicate, and even if it did, the inlet pumps are set to run faster than the outlet pumps above them, so it should be draining faster than lava can be produced. The lava is drawn from a third off-screen source which can eventually run out, and it is deposited into a massive off-screen area that cannot be filled before the source pool runs dry.

So the only way this could have happened is if the inlet pumps stopped working, while the outlet pumps continued to produce lava. Not sure why or how that could've happened without looking directly at the world save, but unfortunately I never got it, so I'll never know. Luckily, nobody else has reported this issue, so I'm not overly concerned about it.

Hi, I just wanted to chip in and say this map is absolutely amazing.

Also, I have an idea what might have happened with the overflowing lava, since I encountered the same problem. It looks like the inlet pumps are activated by the pressure plate at the top of the raised drawbridge, while the outlet pumps are activated by a later trigger. So if you go over the structure, skipping that first trigger, they never activate.

That's my assumption anyway, since the moment I stepped on top of the drawbridge, the lava started draining really quickly.

Hi, I just wanted to chip in and say this map is absolutely amazing.

Also, I have an idea what might have happened with the overflowing lava, since I encountered the same problem. It looks like the inlet pumps are activated by the pressure plate at the top of the raised drawbridge, while the outlet pumps are activated by a later trigger. So if you go over the structure, skipping that first trigger, they never activate.

That's my assumption anyway, since the moment I stepped on top of the drawbridge, the lava started draining really quickly.
Not quite. Both inlet and outlet pumps activate simultaneously. The first pressure plate turns them both on. The second one should only disable the outlet pumps, while allowing the inlet pumps to continue draining. If you send me your world save, I can see if I can find anything funky going on, because this is only the second time I've heard of this issue D: Glad you're enjoying the map though!

So it's supposed to go:
trigger 1 - inlet and outlet pumps enabled
trigger 2 - outlet pumps disabled, inlet unaffected

If you hit trigger 2 without hitting 1 first, is there something in place to prevent that from enabling the outlet pumps? I haven't really looked into wiring in Terraria too much, but doesn't it just flip things between 0 and 1? So doing that would leave the inlet pumps at 0, while toggling the outlet pumps to 1.

Unfortunately, I can't send you the world file. I somehow broke the sequence for the left biome chest, so I overwrote my world and player with backup copies I'd made a bit earlier. Sorry =(

It's physically impossible to hit trigger 2 without first hitting trigger 1, unless you cheated, as you have to pass a 3 block gap containing trigger 1, leaving you no room to pass without also hitting the trigger.

But, even if you did manage it somehow, there are blocks that actuate beneath the outlet pumps that would prevent any more lavaflow :\ I really have no clue how some people run into this issue.

With portals and rocket boots, you can fly over the building, skipping the trigger. Not sure what's going on with the actuated blocks, though.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit confrontational. I'm just trying to figure out what happened, so you can fix it if you want in possible future versions.

With portals and rocket boots, you can fly over the building, skipping the trigger. Not sure what's going on with the actuated blocks, though.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit confrontational. I'm just trying to figure out what happened, so you can fix it if you want in possible future versions.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Is that what you did when you had the lava issue? If so, maybe that is the cause.

Either way, I do need to fix the ability to fly over the building. It was just an oversight on my part (originally you got the portal gun after that area, but then I changed the layout of the map). Even if getting over the building isn't causing the lava, it needs to be fixed, because skipping over the building could severely mess up the teleporter progression system. Thanks for pointing that out! ^.^

Yeah, so it seems like we figured that out.

Also, finished!

"first completion" stats (I restarted a couple times early on to get obvious secrets I missed at first, plus the issue mentioned earlier, so some parts were played more than once):

3:00 hours
5/9 achievements
missed survivor
secret keeper (I think something went wrong here, as I did in fact find and enter the code and got the Ultimate Secret (unless it's for the door in chamber 7, in which case you're mean =) ))
not a scratch (the end part of that got a bit hectic, and I missed flipping a green switch)
and of course completionist

19/22 secrets

I totally flubbed the escape. Went for the vent shafts and missed the jump the first time. Went back up and almost immediately got exploded.

Okay, I just had a second go-through, starting from a certain boss fight:

First of all, is there actually something in that "reward" chest? Unless I miscounted, it needs nine keys, and there's only eight Planteras.

Second, I think the text for number of achievements might not be working properly, as I definitely got everything but Survivor (tried the vent shaft again, but I didn't catch on to what I should do until half a second too late) and Completionist, but it still said 5/9. I can post my world save if that would help.

Also, would you be willing to give general hints for those three missed secrets?

The ones I found were:
1. right of crash
2. mouse maze
3. portal lab entrance
4. chamber 2
5. chamber 3
6. chamber 4
7. chamber 6
8. forge entrance
9. forge grenade shot
10. xenobiology lab entrance
11. Umbrella lab
12. hydroponics entrance
13. holodeck/weapon lab entrance
14. floating chest
15. chest in lava
16. chest during fall
17. chest above building
18. blow up right ship
19. ultimate secret[/spoilers][/spoilers]

Okay, I just had a second go-through, starting from a certain boss fight:
SNIP
Okay, so...
I'm not sure how you didn't get the "secret keeper" achievement if you found the "ultimate secret." Simply entering the room triggers this text (the code changes the text color):

[c/FF9900:Ultimate Secret Area Discovered]
[c/04ba13:Khaios: Congratulations on getting here! You've earned this prize! I hope it helps you with finishing up the map.]
[c/FF9900:Achievement Get: Secret Keeper]

And it activates the achievement counter. So if you saw the text "Ultimate Secret" then you definitely triggered the secret keeper achievement.
----------------------------
As for the "reward chest" you were asking about, either you miscounted, or plantera bugged once and didn't spawn (which has been known to happen on occasion). There are definitely 10 spawners.

upload_2019-2-14_7-37-55.png

Worry not! It was just a troll event, haha. The only thing at the end of the chamber would be a Red Potion. So no actual rewards or achievements were missed. I was planning on throwing a real reward and achievement in that room, but when I found out there was a chance for plantera to not actually show up, I had to adjust my plans.
---------------------------
It would be helpful for me to take a look at your world save, if you say you got more achievements than it gave you. I won't be able to confirm that or figure out the problem unless I take a closer look.
---------------------------
And as for secrets, looks like you missed:
One somewhere in the final parts of the portal chambers
One somewhere in the forge
One secret within a secret area (I'm evil, I know)

The achievement probably did trigger, actually, and I just didn't notice. I was just trying to count which five I'd gotten and knew for sure I had the others, but since the counter seems to have messed up, that lead to my misunderstanding.

Now to start over and go for 100%!

Okay, it seems new users can't upload files to the forums (or I'm just having issues for no apparent reason), so:
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/781638/Harbinger v1.17.wld

The achievement probably did trigger, actually, and I just didn't notice. I was just trying to count which five I'd gotten and knew for sure I had the others, but since the counter seems to have messed up, that lead to my misunderstanding.

Now to start over and go for 100%!

Okay, it seems new users can't upload files to the forums (or I'm just having issues for no apparent reason), so:
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/781638/Harbinger v1.17.wld
Oh, I definitely see what's going on here. I apparently cut a single piece of wire while making an edit at some point, and that cut off half of the achievements from the counter at the end. OOOOF >.< haha. I'll get a patch put on curseforge later today. Thanks for the world save!

Back
Top Bottom