tModLoader Calling Many Spriters - New Secret Mod, but I need help!

How should I approach this mod?

• Keep it secret, Allow for more time to develop the mod to finish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it secret until a base preview (Showing content type and goals) can be finished

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Release a "Mod Idea" that people will say it is too ambitious, and provide no content (sprites, etc)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Show us a clip of some kind of boss fight even if it's using a place holder sprite with a place holder name.

Boss fights encompass some of the most complex coding in Terraria, and they'd be an excellent way of proving what you can do.

I mean this is something I made
You wanna know what i sprited for this boss? nothing
All code

Show us a clip of some kind of boss fight even if it's using a place holder sprite with a place holder name.

Boss fights encompass some of the most complex coding in Terraria, and they'd be an excellent way of proving what you can do.

I mean this is something I made
{snip}
You wanna know what i sprited for this boss? nothing
All code
Wow, that's cool.

Hmmmm very ambiotious mod indeed. Might join to practice on stuff cause im a student of game design atm.
I can help with basic coding, my sprites arent too good and i plan on picking up composing soon.

If spriters are still needed I would be glad to be able to help out. My spriting skill is fairly good, although I need to work on mimicking the Terraria artstyle more.

As someone on the dev server I can confirm that this is not the case but whatever
I would like to point out, as indeed you are a member of the dev server, that it seems more worth the time to insult other sprites instead of doing any general work. I am in constant contact with 3 of the people on the team, who are putting more than 110% into making this mod a reality. With currently 2 town npcs, 4 tiles, and much more (without revealing) in game at present, this mod has grown. A lot.

Hmmmm very ambiotious mod indeed. Might join to practice on stuff cause im a student of game design atm.
I can help with basic coding, my sprites arent too good and i plan on picking up composing soon.
Yes, very ambitious. But of course, right now it is simply a matter of getting everything moving XD
Right now working multiple angles, and one concept that has been put out that is... difficult to tackle, so trying to figure out the best way to do this is quite hard.

I would like to point out, as indeed you are a member of the dev server, that it seems more worth the time to insult other sprites instead of doing any general work. I am in constant contact with 3 of the people on the team, who are putting more than 110% into making this mod a reality. With currently 2 town npcs, 4 tiles, and much more (without revealing) in game at present, this mod has grown. A lot.

Yes, very ambitious. But of course, right now it is simply a matter of getting everything moving XD
Right now working multiple angles, and one concept that has been put out that is... difficult to tackle, so trying to figure out the best way to do this is quite hard.
Okay listen bud. If you don't show stuff simmilar to lets say this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/399198209802633226/540624012888375308/Electron.gif
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/399198209802633226/540624025211371540/Proton.gif
(Done by East)
As in, example of your coding skill and how you can actually make items look interesting. Cause from what ive seen so far its example mod. Im not gonna be into this. Show something or not, good luck though.

i can help im just looking for experience to sprite!
[doublepost=1550363114,1550363064][/doublepost]im pretty new

Week #3, still think this is too ambitious for now. It's not by calling many spriter that you will make thing move, if you can't code fast enough. You can't create a thread saying I'm adding X item, X weapon, X armor, X etc... People will of course get mad if you don't show progress, since that's why people come here in the first place. All we ask is that you show us stuff that has been done in game.

Week #3, still think this is too ambitious for now. It's not by calling many spriter that you will make thing move, if you can't code fast enough. You can't create a thread saying I'm adding X item, X weapon, X armor, X etc... People will of course get mad if you don't show progress, since that's why people come here in the first place. All we ask is that you show us stuff that has been done in game.
That is fair. Very fair indeed.
For programming speed, a lot of it is the same. I.e copy paste code that I already spent over a month testing and trying different things.

As for showing progress from in game, I promise that is coming! Very very soon! We have enough now, minus a few minor items and projectiles, that I can officially make a forum post. I will be in touch with the group to see what works best for them, but soon I swear!

I can confirm no progress has been made since the last screenshot
Of course there is not, this is a mod that would take about 3 years to make with a single coder. Assuming the coder works at the same speed as I do.
Still no showcase of the quality that code is.

Might I remind people Calamity didn't promise anything in the beginning, it was just one dude making 1 boss. But after he proved what he was able to do and people wanted on board and that's how that mod got so big.

Morningdrew didn't promise X items or X features, they came as they did over time; that's how alot of Terraria's best mods came into existence.

Might I remind people Calamity didn't promise anything in the beginning, it was just one dude making 1 boss. But after he proved what he was able to do and people wanted on board and that's how that mod got so big.

Morningdrew didn't promise X items or X features, they came as they did over time; that's how alot of Terraria's best mods came into existence.
Yes.

Dear Terraria Community,
That number that you see beside every required item is what will be needed to make this mod at a final release. That is not what will be in the mod at present.
This mod started very small actually, with one main goal. However, as this mod has Grown I have seen the need to take a different course of action. The plan with this mod is to release it in Fragments, Each fragment focusing on a different aspect of the mod, each with a different release date. The first Fragment is by far the largest, and will take the most time and effort. However, it is well underway. (Despite what @Darkpuppey has to say about that).

I know that taking the secret rout may not have been the best option here, and the absolute BS response from you guys has obviously not helped much. But I want to pour as much work into this mod as it is going to take to have it work well. A lot of the mod is mostly the same, so once I have the core mechanics down, I can just copy and paste and change and edit to my liking. And most of the mechanics are in place. So that is why I called for many spriters. To try to speed up this mod.

Look, I am not trying to say that none of what you are all saying hasn't crossed my mind. I do very much understand how some of the great mods are born, or how people respond to certain things. I am trying to make a mod that will just give the player a fresh chance. A mod that flows with Terraria to the best of my power. But to present what I have no will just get more bad responses. More Hate.

So I ask of you all, to give me a little more time before dumping on this mod, or telling me that this mod will never happen, because frankly, one of the things that is slowing down the process is the negative feedback from the community. I have made promises, and I intend to uphold them. To you, and to the people who have been helping me over the past few weeks. Once I have at least one item from my updated to do list for this fragment, I will give you a forum post. I will give you screenshots. Most importantly, I will answer all questions and show that this mod will happen.

So please, I am asking you now, to wait. Give this mod a little bit of time, and take a chill pill. I will update everyone soon, but for now, please.
Thanks for your cooperation,
-Emily

Dear Terraria Community,
That number that you see beside every required item is what will be needed to make this mod at a final release. That is not what will be in the mod at present.
This mod started very small actually, with one main goal. However, as this mod has Grown I have seen the need to take a different course of action. The plan with this mod is to release it in Fragments, Each fragment focusing on a different aspect of the mod, each with a different release date. The first Fragment is by far the largest, and will take the most time and effort. However, it is well underway. (Despite what @Darkpuppey has to say about that).

I know that taking the secret rout may not have been the best option here, and the absolute BS response from you guys has obviously not helped much. But I want to pour as much work into this mod as it is going to take to have it work well. A lot of the mod is mostly the same, so once I have the core mechanics down, I can just copy and paste and change and edit to my liking. And most of the mechanics are in place. So that is why I called for many spriters. To try to speed up this mod.

Look, I am not trying to say that none of what you are all saying hasn't crossed my mind. I do very much understand how some of the great mods are born, or how people respond to certain things. I am trying to make a mod that will just give the player a fresh chance. A mod that flows with Terraria to the best of my power. But to present what I have no will just get more bad responses. More Hate.

So I ask of you all, to give me a little more time before dumping on this mod, or telling me that this mod will never happen, because frankly, one of the things that is slowing down the process is the negative feedback from the community. I have made promises, and I intend to uphold them. To you, and to the people who have been helping me over the past few weeks. Once I have at least one item from my updated to do list for this fragment, I will give you a forum post. I will give you screenshots. Most importantly, I will answer all questions and show that this mod will happen.

So please, I am asking you now, to wait. Give this mod a little bit of time, and take a chill pill. I will update everyone soon, but for now, please.
-Emily
Well, I'm not saying that I distrust you, but what do you expect from the community when you have no information? Even spriters have their own preferences, but you don't allow them to decide if they're interested or not. There are a lot of mods that wave around big numbers, thinking it won't be that hard. Once they get started they have to tone it down, or more likely cancel the mod. I'm not saying this applies to you, but you should think about that. Start with smaller numbers, complete them, then gradually raise the number until you're satisfied. Setting a huge goal for yourself will just make you disappointed that you can't reach it, or you'll get bored of the project before completing it. I'll reluctantly admit that I'm a empty-promise guy myself. I've fallen into this pit many times, but I overcame this phase, took it slower and smaller, and it worked out well. If you can code that much all by yourself, great. But trust me, you will eventually lose interest and it will become super dull. You don't have to listen to what I say, but it could be a good idea.

Well, I'm not saying that I distrust you, but what do you expect from the community when you have no information? Even spriters have their own preferences, but you don't allow them to decide if they're interested or not. There are a lot of mods that wave around big numbers, thinking it won't be that hard. Once they get started they have to tone it down, or more likely cancel the mod. I'm not saying this applies to you, but you should think about that. Start with smaller numbers, complete them, then gradually raise the number until you're satisfied. Setting a huge goal for yourself will just make you disappointed that you can't reach it, or you'll get bored of the project before completing it. I'll reluctantly admit that I'm a empty-promise guy myself. I've fallen into this pit many times, but I overcame this phase, took it slower and smaller, and it worked out well. If you can code that much all by yourself, great. But trust me, you will eventually lose interest and it will become super dull. You don't have to listen to what I say, but it could be a good idea.

Of course. I am aware that working on this mod can get dull after a while, but that is why I split this mod into fragments. As previously mentioned, the Fragment is fairly large, but once it is done I will take a small break, (Possibly work on another small mod), then return to it. We are working off of a to-do list for the first fragment, and yes. Some things may have to be dropped for now, but what is working is fine for the moment.

Dear Terraria Community,

-Emily
Why don't you show us some quality content. All I ask for, that's literally the only way to convince people with the ability to make game ready assets to work for you. Show us a showcase of a quality item/npc/at least something in your mod to convine people to work for you.

Back
Top Bottom