Xbox One Terraria “Setting Liquids” stuck at 98%

Noah Rees

Terrarian
I am currently experiencing a glitch where whenever I try to load in my main world with my main character, the loading gets stuck on “Setting Liquids” at 98%. Now I have done some research and I found out this happens when you have explored a certain amount of your world (a big part of it) the game cannot load all the parts you’ve explored in your world. There are currently 2 work-arounds available I use: 1. Create a new character and transfer your loot from the original character to the new one (not so recommended as you don’t keep your hearts). 2. Before loading in your world, go in General settings, turn off your mini-map, and you should be able to play with your original character in your original world, (recommended). Now my real question is, I heard there might be a new update coming soon, and if it would maybe be possible to patch that glitch in the new update,

Sincerely,
-Noah Rees

I am currently experiencing a glitch where whenever I try to load in my main world with my main character, the loading gets stuck on “Setting Liquids” at 98%. Now I have done some research and I found out this happens when you have explored a certain amount of your world (a big part of it) the game cannot load all the parts you’ve explored in your world. There are currently 2 work-arounds available I use: 1. Create a new character and transfer your loot from the original character to the new one (not so recommended as you don’t keep your hearts). 2. Before loading in your world, go in General settings, turn off your mini-map, and you should be able to play with your original character in your original world, (recommended). Now my real question is, I heard there might be a new update coming soon, and if it would maybe be possible to patch that glitch in the new update,

Sincerely,
-Noah Rees
Hi there @Noah Rees, welcome to the forums. :) I don’t think there’s been word on what might be included in the next update yet. If you haven’t already, make sure you send in a bug report form straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html You probably won’t get a reply, but Pipeworks looks over every bug report that is submitted using that form.

I am currently experiencing a glitch where whenever I try to load in my main world with my main character, the loading gets stuck on “Setting Liquids” at 98%. Now I have done some research and I found out this happens when you have explored a certain amount of your world (a big part of it) the game cannot load all the parts you’ve explored in your world. There are currently 2 work-arounds available I use: 1. Create a new character and transfer your loot from the original character to the new one (not so recommended as you don’t keep
Hi there @Noah Rees, welcome to the forums. :) I don’t think there’s been word on what might be included in the next update yet. If you haven’t already, make sure you send in a bug report form straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html You probably won’t get a reply, but Pipeworks looks over every bug report that is submitted using that form.

Okay thank you for the information, but is there a way you can confirm there is indeed an update coming out,or even when it is coming out? (Also, I just reported the glitch to the link you sent me with a very detailed description and all the exact information needed).

Last edited:
Okay thank you for the information, but is there a way you can confirm there is indeed an update coming out,or even when it is coming out? (Also, I just reported the glitch to the link you sent me with a very detailed description and all the exact information needed).
Glad to hear you sent in your info to the link I provided. :) Pipeworks is working on an update (as mentioned here: Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019), however, beyond what is said in that thread I don't know what will be included in the update or when it will come out.

So I have a xbox 1 glitch and I jut wanted to share with the community so when I load up my world it says settling liquids at 99 percent then it freezes can any body help me or can they fix the bug because I know I just didnt happen to me

So I have a xbox 1 glitch and I jut wanted to share with the community so when I load up my world it says settling liquids at 99 percent then it freezes can any body help me or can they fix the bug because I know I just didnt happen to me
Hi there @Willg123, there are two workarounds to try. You only need to do one, not both:

1) From the main menu, disable the map. You should be able to enter that world again. You won’t have a map though.

-or-

2) Create a new character, and that new character should be able to enter that world. You can give all your weapons and armor to the new character. You’ll have a map, but at some point the new character won’t work in that world just like the old one and you’ll have to create another new character.

I've had the same issue on xbox one.
The game crashes once it reaches 99% on settling liquids and starts drawing the map.
I've exposed most of the map with jester arrows and binoculars.
Disabling the map works but increases difficulty.
Edit: going to submit a bug report.

Last edited:
I've had the same issue on xbox one.
The game crashes once it reaches 99% on settling liquids and starts drawing the map.
I've exposed most of the map with jester arrows and binoculars.
Disabling the map works but increases difficulty.
Edit: going to submit a bug report.
Thanks for sharing this info William and for sending in the bug report. For others that stop by here is where you can send console bug reports straight to the developers: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Update: I tested it on small world, I've exposed 50-60% of the small world and no crashes as of yet

Edit: looks like update 1.0.1372.6 worked the world now loads with map.

Last edited:
Update: I tested it on small world, I've exposed 50-60% of the small world and no crashes as of yet

Edit: looks like update 1.0.1372.6 worked the world now loads with map.
Ohh, very good news that your world now loads even if the map is enabled. I’m hoping that others will have your same success.

Back
Top Bottom