tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, ok then, I just suggested an idea, which could make possible way to make some maps with this mod. Well, anyway, GL with college, I hope you'll be good at the end on college :)
But after college you should take a rest, this mod is already looks good enough, you deserve this.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I actually already graduated from college back in December, and now I'm just dealing with living in general.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I actually already graduated from college back in December, and now I'm just dealing with living in general.
Congrats! GL with living in general then, I'll hope, that you'll release this mod in public sooner. If later, I'll be OK with that :D
This is the only mod, which I liked much more than others, even if isn't release yet, and for a while won't have post-ml content until patch with post-ml content.

And a question: Will you have a some kind of "support title", like this one I have?

Congrats! GL with living in general then, I'll hope, that you'll release this mod in public sooner. If later, I'll be OK with that :D
This is the only mod, which I liked much more than others, even if isn't release yet, and for a while won't have post-ml content until patch with post-ml content.

And a question: Will you have a some kind of "support title", like this one I have?
Um, probably, yes.

Like the one in Scooterboot's signature? It's nice, but you never know what kind of creativity folks are capable of when it comes to creating banners.

Inquiry, please!
Perhaps it was my imagination, but someone may have said that there was a dungeon being worked on. Did that mean dungeon-building materials, such as the building blocks of Super Metroid or whatever? -- General blocks you could build Metroid games from?

One of these days, I'll dabble in art for Terraria and make some for people. I've always wanted to do something like that.

Inquiry, please!
Perhaps it was my imagination, but someone may have said that there was a dungeon being worked on. Did that mean dungeon-building materials, such as the building blocks of Super Metroid or whatever? -- General blocks you could build Metroid games from?
There will be a small Chozo ruins "dungeon" that will contain the Torizo. Currently said dungeon only consists of vanilla gray bricks, but we may look into giving it custom tiles. However, it does have custom doors.
j4GAgx6.png
Still very WIP, though.

There will be a small Chozo ruins "dungeon" that will contain the Torizo. Currently said dungeon only consists of vanilla gray bricks, but we may look into giving it custom tiles. However, it does have custom doors.
j4GAgx6.png
Still very WIP, though.
So... This dungeon will have some upgrades, which you can't create by any way, or it is just like standard dungeon with boss at end?

So... This dungeon will have some upgrades, which you can't create by any way, or it is just like standard dungeon with boss at end?
The upgrades are from the torizo itself. There's currently also a room with a chozo statue holding a random item and a missile tank behind it but that's about it currently.

Been lookin' forward to the day of this mod's release but there has been one question that I'd like to ask.

In regards to the wide variety of beams being offered here, has the zero laser from smashbros been a considered weapon to add to this mod? In regards to it that adapting it to Terraria's general gameplay for it to be a high-risk, high reward ability or the general consensus being that it'd be more time-consuming and complicated to code in a natural super?

Been lookin' forward to the day of this mod's release but there has been one question that I'd like to ask.

In regards to the wide variety of beams being offered here, has the zero laser from smashbros been a considered weapon to add to this mod? In regards to it that adapting it to Terraria's general gameplay for it to be a high-risk, high reward ability or the general consensus being that it'd be more time-consuming and complicated to code in a natural super?
Back in tAPI, I was experimenting with the Zero Laser, and actually got it to work pretty well, just never actually finished it in terms of like what it actually costs to use it. I could definitely finish it now in tModLoader, however. And by "natural super", I assume you mean the option in SSBUltimate to have a Final Smash charge up over time? Yeah, I can do that, it's not as complicated to do as you might think.

But honestly I've never actually had any plans to add the Zero Laser, it was just something I've toyed around with. Maybe I'll add it after I've finished enough content, that way I may have a basis for how to balance it and how the player should obtain it.

Back in tAPI, I was experimenting with the Zero Laser, and actually got it to work pretty well, just never actually finished it in terms of like what it actually costs to use it. I could definitely finish it now in tModLoader, however. And by "natural super", I assume you mean the option in SSBUltimate to have a Final Smash charge up over time? Yeah, I can do that, it's not as complicated to do as you might think.

But honestly I've never actually had any plans to add the Zero Laser, it was just something I've toyed around with. Maybe I'll add it after I've finished enough content, that way I may have a basis for how to balance it and how the player should obtain it.

Whoa, that's neat to know! I'll always be impressed by how coding works. Anyways, take your time as you please, the hype train hasn't left yet.

What if it was an addition to the arm cannon that used extremely hard-to-make/rare ammo. Also, it has the side effect of completely overheating the cannon, making it hard to fight anything after the zero laser has been used. Finally, the ammo only fits 1 per stack, so the user wouldn't want to have a lot of it on them at a time.

What if it was an addition to the arm cannon that used extremely hard-to-make/rare ammo. Also, it has the side effect of completely overheating the cannon, making it hard to fight anything after the zero laser has been used. Finally, the ammo only fits 1 per stack, so the user wouldn't want to have a lot of it on them at a time.
haha smashunium

Well, we'll should by the way have a some end-game annihilation weapon (like one in DBT with his ultimative bomb technique and tons of damage but with slow charge), so idea would be really interesting.

By the way, I would like to know, if you make Zero Laser recharging after use, or you'll plan on making some special recharge station for this (not)destructive weapon?

All good suggestions, which I'll keep in mind. But like I said, I'm gonna wait until the mod has more content before adding it, that way I may have even more options on how it's acquired and used.

After watching that one video of the Space Pirate, I think it's safe to say your going to get alot of praise when you release this.
I could never tween anything like that, I've tried and fails so many times :p

Good you will not have the mod for terraria 1.2.4.1 if you have the file happens melo I want to play the terraria with this mod:indifferent:

Good you will not have the mod for terraria 1.2.4.1 if you have the file happens melo I want to play the terraria with this mod:indifferent:
Your English is a little broken, so it's hard to make out what you're saying, but let me see if I can help clarify a few things:

This mod is not yet updated for the latest version of Terraria. The download link on the front page is down, but even if it worked, the mod itself would not work at all.
I'm currently in the process of updating the mod for the latest version of Terraria/tModLoader. However it'll take a lot of time to update it, especially since real life is being hard on me right now. And before you ask, I can't give an estimated release date.

Would you at least be able to give an estimate on how much is done so far? I remember 2 or so months back you said , as a rough estimate, the mod was ~75% done, 50% if you counted testing. I'd just like to know where we're at now, so I have an idea of how much longer we have left to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom