Terraria State of the Game - February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official site literally has a tab for the wiki, and we ask the developers themselves when we are unsure about things.
That's not the same as the information originating from the developers, though, which is why I stand by what I said.

The information here is what is causing concerns for Amazon version owners, because it singles out a particular (older) model of Amazon device, and people are leaping to the conclusion that it means ALL Amazon devices. No one from the development side has made this statement that I know of. I've received a number of PMs and questions about this very statement. IMO, the information would be less confusing without using the Amazon example. As @Safeman confirmed above, the Amazon version is going forward. However, no supported device list has yet been compiled for ANY mobile version, as far as I know.

That's not the same as the information originating from the developers, though, which is why I stand by what I said.

The information here is what is causing concerns for Amazon version owners, because it singles out a particular (older) model of Amazon device, and people are leaping to the conclusion that it means ALL Amazon devices. No one from the development side has made this statement that I know of. I've received a number of PMs and questions about this very statement. IMO, the information would be less confusing without using the Amazon example. As @Safeman confirmed above, the Amazon version is going forward. However, no supported device list has yet been compiled for ANY mobile version, as far as I know.
Correct, no supported device list or minimum system requirements are final yet. And as of right now, no plans to leave any os behind

That PC spoiler is awesome.

So much awesome.

That, along with everything else, 1.3.6 might even rival 1.2.0 and 1.3.0 in terms of awesome updates if not surpass them entirely somehow.

Here pretty soon I wonder if we shouldn't be calling it 1.4.0 because of how much stuff it's apparently changing...
It will probably not be, as each update added a major thing. 1.0 was the release, 1.1 added hardmode and Mech bosses. 1.2 added Plantera, Golem, and the Crimson. 1.3 added the moonlord, and 1.4 Will have a creative mode. So far it's simple game enhancements but not anything truly major to gameplay.

Thanks for the update as always, even if it's quite later than expected. Here at Interesting Output, all is known you're hard at work and it's great to see the progress moving along as usual! I like the change to the world gen prompt, even making an experimental feature (world seeds) public!

I'm excited for what 1.3.6 delivers as a whole. Keep on movin', and hope all is smooth. :dryadsmile:

I'm not sure that will happen. They probably won't release the update until it's finished. Also, they seem to prefer to do spoilers and teasers.

When they posted about the progress on mobile like 2 months ago the screenshot got the words 'pre alpha" on it like wtf have they been doing this years lol the least they could do is release an optional build (on play store and the app store of apple) and made it clear on the menu that it is not a stable build or whatever

How long until 1.3.6 gets renamed to 1.4?
Seriously, you might as well do that.
It will probably not be, as each update added a major thing. 1.0 was the release, 1.1 added hardmode and Mech bosses. 1.2 added Plantera, Golem, and the Crimson. 1.3 added the moonlord, and 1.4 Will have a creative mode. So far it's simple game enhancements but not anything truly major to gameplay.

When they posted about the progress on mobile like 2 months ago the screenshot got the words 'pre alpha" on it like wtf have they been doing this years lol the least they could do is release an optional build (on play store and the app store of apple) and made it clear on the menu that it is not a stable build or whatever

That's just not their business model.

Re-Logic is not a Triple-A company, they actually care about their customers, and they care about delivering a good solid product that people know and love. They're not going to push a half-baked update out, even an optional half-baked update out the door that's nowhere near completion yet.

That's BS that Triple-A studios do.

You know that when Re-Logic releases something, it is good and ready with minimal bugs. That's the kind of reputation they've built for themselves, and that's great.

I know that when 1.3.6 comes out, I can play on patch day and not have to wonder how long I should wait for the fixes. I don't have to worry about the thing breaking my game, or my save files, or what-not.

EDIT: Though I will voice a bit of curiosity as to the general time-frame of the update: Q1, Q2, etc? It would be nice if we had a general very broad time-frame so that we know if we should continue our playthroughs, or pause them and wait for the update.

I love this so much.. but umm... what did you guys do with the.. mana label there? I think both the life and mana labels were better on top

K but actually? Best part is the single world creation UI. Don't think you're ever gonna top that. Look at it. It's even got a bunny.

(Excited for switch release, too. Inventory management with touchscreen might win me over to console for good.)

K but actually? Best part is the single world creation UI. Don't think you're ever gonna top that. Look at it. It's even got a bunny.

(Excited for switch release, too. Inventory management with touchscreen might win me over to console for good.)

Eh, I dunno, the block swap is really freaking sweet.

Don't get me wrong, I like the world creation UI, but how often do you actually create new worlds vs how often would you like to swap blocks without having to re-do the entire build?

Damn, that's an awesome change to the world creation.
The only problem is that some of my friends are losing interest on news about the Terraria update :/.

Been waiting forever for mobile news. This is enough for the next month. Although i'd request for customizable controls for 1.3.1 mobile if not already in 1.3

Update: would like to know how to get maps off of ios

Last edited:
Will mobile version finally work with controllers in HID mode or simply most of the controllers on the market ? , that will make mobile edition much more attractive and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom