tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
kLxnw9G.jpg

I was struck by some inspiration.

Mighty birdy, rules the skies!
Foes not worthy if he dies.
Breathing fire, fierce and true,
need not take this :red: from you!

Hi, just started playing Calamity a couple of days ago and I think I ran into a bug. I am playing a full summoner and getting ready to fight the mushroom crab. I was exploring and found the sulphurous sea and in it the Trasher mob. My minions would not attack it and I could not target it for them to attack it. I'm not sure if they are invincible until a certain point as I looked them up on the wiki and found no such thing. Can I please get some clarification on how I am supposed to defend myself against this enemy?

Hi, just started playing Calamity a couple of days ago and I think I ran into a bug. I am playing a full summoner and getting ready to fight the mushroom crab. I was exploring and found the sulphurous sea and in it the Trasher mob. My minions would not attack it and I could not target it for them to attack it. I'm not sure if they are invincible until a certain point as I looked them up on the wiki and found no such thing. Can I please get some clarification on how I am supposed to defend myself against this enemy?

It only becomes fully aggressive when you hit it once, and only after hitting it, your minions will attack it.

Why does the music take longer than the actual mod without the music does?

Music files take LOTS of space.

I just started playing Calamity Mod on my PC. Got the game on steam, got TMod Loader, Got Calamity mod + Calamity Mod Music. Created new world, I'm not even sure if it's a calamity world, but I have no music. In fact I have no sound at all. Any help would be appreciated.

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Well then, guess I'll NOT use the Upload a File option anymore and stick to wasting time uploading things to imgur and posting linked images.

Edit: Okay, since the image won't display no matter what I do I guess you guys won't be able to see it. Am I being prevented from uploading images for a specific reason, and if so, why?
Look at this beautiful image (I can't see this :red: but maybe you guys can):
dUwtAx1

Last edited:
Yeah, if I've been unjustly blocked or something from posting images on my own thread then I guess I'm done here. I would appreciate it if someone could explain.

If nobody explains why then I will discontinue my posts here until...forever, unless this issue is fixed.

Edit: Apparently one of my devs can't post images here either, what is this?

Yeah, if I've been unjustly blocked or something from posting images on my own thread then I guess I'm done here. I would appreciate it if someone could explain.

If nobody explains why then I will discontinue my posts here until...forever, unless this issue is fixed.

Fabsol, please don't pull a Dan, It sounds like there's some server issues atm and it's nothing personal against Calamity.
That's quite a rash choice from what is likely only a minor technical hiccup.
Do you really think the mods would be that brash and unjust? I mean I've seen nothing but professionalism from them almost all the time, I don't think they'd do that.

I mean, it could be worse... The server hosts' data could get corrupted and every post from 3 months ago was lost (Yeah, that happened to a site called Mugen Free For All, it wasn't pleasant for anyone)

So I decided to get back into calamity after several months of not having played it. But as soon as I enable it, I get an error: "system out of memory exception". I apologize if this has already been answered and if I am being a complete forehead, but I would really appreciate some help :)

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Well then, guess I'll NOT use the Upload a File option anymore and stick to wasting time uploading things to imgur and posting linked images.

Edit: Okay, since the image won't display no matter what I do I guess you guys won't be able to see it. Am I being prevented from uploading images for a specific reason, and if so, why?
Look at this beautiful image (I can't see this :red: but maybe you guys can):
dUwtAx1

Hi @MountainDrew, right now uploading files to the site is broken (you can read more HERE), but there are two workarounds. 1. For an image, you can copy it, then paste it in the body of a post. 2. For files (including images) you can upload them to an external site (imgur, etc) then link to them here. For an image you can embed them by [img]imageurl.jpg[/img]

Fabsol, please don't pull a Dan, It sounds like there's some server issues atm and it's nothing personal against Calamity.
That's quite a rash choice from what is likely only a minor technical hiccup.
Do you really think the mods would be that brash and unjust? I mean I've seen nothing but professionalism from them almost all the time, I don't think they'd do that.

I mean, it could be worse... The server hosts' data could get corrupted and every post from 3 months ago was lost (Yeah, that happened to a site called Mugen Free For All, it wasn't pleasant for anyone)

You also need to understand how much we're trying to rush to get this release out on the 5th. We're trying to program, sprite, and test everything in a timely manner so that we can release on time and without issues. What happened last night made me snap a little bit and I wasn't about to deal with it so I just went to bed.

Also, don't talk about in-dev work if you're not in-dev as you are speaking from a point of ignorance. I merely asked if somebody else could post the image, if you think that's "pulling a Dan" then you are so wrong.

Hi @MountainDrew, right now uploading files to the site is broken (you can read more HERE), but there are two workarounds. 1. For an image, you can copy it, then paste it in the body of a post. 2. For files (including images) you can upload them to an external site (imgur, etc) then link to them here. For an image you can embed them by [img]imageurl.jpg[/img]

Thank you for explaining, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
You also need to understand how much we're trying to rush to get this release out on the 5th. We're trying to program, sprite, and test everything in a timely manner so that we can release on time and without issues. What happened last night made me snap a little bit and I wasn't about to deal with it so I just went to bed.

Also, don't talk about in-dev work if you're not in-dev as you are speaking from a point of ignorance. I merely asked if somebody else could post the image, if you think that's "pulling a Dan" then you are so wrong.
A: Understandable, I should have expected this is handled on professional regular updates and keeping the "ever content hungry fans" happy is not an easy feat.
B: I think you handled the situation the best way you could have by just putting it aside for one evening and letting a response come after some sleep. It happens to everyone at their worst, I was trying to give you that reasonable response to help calm down.
C: That's not what I meant when I said that, I mean "Rage quiting for poor reasons", something he's threatened to do at times on his mod. Thank you for calming down.

I really like this mod, but I can't get it due to being a console player. Rest in peace.

Anyway, I've been wanting to draw concept art for a mod. Are concept art applications open?

So I decided to get back into calamity after several months of not having played it. But as soon as I enable it, I get an error: "system out of memory exception". I apologize if this has already been answered and if I am being a complete forehead, but I would really appreciate some help :)
It's a known issue. The mod devs have no plan to resolve it as far as things are being discussed.

Basically, there's so much nonsense in the Calamity mod that you wind up with memory problems during world gen. This began happening largely after the Planetoids update, which expanded the sky layer to add dirt and ores to the sky, in case there wasn't enough of that on the ground.

This is literally my favorite mod for Terraria. I don't know what's wrong but mana overloader healing only happens the 1st time you log onto a world and use magic under the mana limit needed to activate the healing, then it will not heal again. This also seems to affect other things such as the base game Spectre armor and any other mod that uses Spectre armor-type healing.

I have tested with other mods (spectre enchantment via Fargo's mod does not work), without any mods (spectre armor via base game without calamity enabled indeed works) and I've tested with only Calamity (mana overloader via this mod with 0 mana and a nimbus cloud does not work also to be clear I tested the spectre amor with the mod and it doesn't work)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom