tModLoader Magic Storage

I put it somewhere that I don't want it to be now and I was wondering if it would be possible to move the storage unit even if they have items in them
Craft the Storage Unit Wand, and when holding it, left-click on the storage unit you want to move. This will deactivate the storage unit, and the heart will attempt to move everything it can out of it. If it is clear of items, you will be able to break it. If it still cannot be broken, then it still contains items; start grabbing stuff out of the system to free up space.

I already looked for a way to submit a bug report:
- when clicking the deposit all on a full slotted magic storage container the contents inside will be deleted to create more room
Please change:
The current setup is to the point when you want to put in more items in slots that do not appear, could it instead be made to have slots depending on how much storage there is available.

I recently started playing modded terraria with a friend of mine, and thought that this mod would be extremely helpful because of all the new items that would overflow regular chests. I promptly downloaded it and started playing our multiplayer world, and it wasn't until later, when we had the correct resources, that I was able to create the storage items. Then the problem occurred, I wasn't able to access the storage crafting interface, or I was able to access the storage crafting interface but it said there was no room to store anything. For the prior it said something similar to "Storage Crafting Interface needs to be attached to a storage heart", and for the latter I could deposit items that went to storage containers but couldn't see them inside. My friend can use the system without a problem(It's his world if that makes a difference). In single player I was able to get it to work, however when I hosted a world to see if it worked neither him or me could access it. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this, and I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere else.

When I first place all the magical storage items, it works for a few seconds, but then the server says "lost connection". My friend is still on the server and still sees me, but for me, I am not. When I load back the server, all the Magical Storage items disappear. Please help.

Notes:
I'm playing on "host and play" with another friend.
I have the latest version.
If you need anything else ill provide info.

Is there a way to craft recursively? For example, if a recipe requires 3 craftable items and you have the materials for them, could it automatically craft those required items to craft the recipe without needing to go through and craft each one individually?

Me and my friend were playing together and we were doing good, I got off and all of our magic storage are all gone, I tried to rejoin and comeback but it didnt working, did this happen to anyone else?
Same to me! All of my modded npcs are also gone :(. Thats the end of that playthrough

Last edited:
So I was curious to know how concerned I should be about the chunk vanishing bug? I am playing Modded with buddies, and we really like Magic Storage, but the threat of it deleting all our items is very worrying. If there are methods to mitigate the issue or things to be wary of while using it I would be very grateful! This is a huge benefit to me since I have ADHD and the ability to search for items and organize them this way makes playing modded much easier.

Same to me! All of my modded npcs are also gone :(. Thats the end of that playthrough
That sounds like you accidentally entered the world without mods loaded. Blocks can be recovered from that. Systems like storage and entities like NPCs, not so much.
So I was curious to know how concerned I should be about the chunk vanishing bug? I am playing Modded with buddies, and we really like Magic Storage, but the threat of it deleting all our items is very worrying. If there are methods to mitigate the issue or things to be wary of while using it I would be very grateful! This is a huge benefit to me since I have ADHD and the ability to search for items and organize them this way makes playing modded much easier.
The chunk vanishing bug primarily occurs when a single storage system exceeds a certain number of items, or the amount of data sent to the server in a chunk in general gets too high from a number of mods. If your mod setup isn't too heavy, and you're not storing too many items that have... a lot of attached data, the exact specifics i'm not sure of, that limit is usually around 2500-3000 stacks from what I've gathered.
It's not ideal, but the main way to fix that is to have your storage limited to 2000 possible slots or so for safety's sake. If you need more storage space than that, then around 1/3 of your world away, you can make another, seperate system. Do not link them together or the bug will be present.

Also, I suggest just to be sure, download a backup creating mod or manually back up the world files semi-frequently in case the bug does occur, then you can reset to an earlier point where it still worked without losing all items.

upload_2019-2-24_17-2-23.png
Ive been trying to load into my friends world, and its stuck on this! No matter how many times I restart or he does. Also, all of my worlds are gone for some reason?? This is a very deppressing time

I logged off of my world for the ight and when I came back all of my magic storage things were gone so is there any way I might be able to retrieve them

I just made a storage heart and tried to open it and got a crash :( I'm running tmodloader 0.10.1.5, terraria 1.3.5.2, magic storage 0.4.3.3. This happens even with no other mods turned on. Have attached a screenshot of the error. This happens just by opening the storage heart and standing there for a little while, then just move around a little or move the mouse cursor over to the storage UI. I was really looking forward to using this mod - storage is such a pain! :(

upload_2019-3-3_10-54-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-3_10-54-15.png
    upload_2019-3-3_10-54-15.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 139
I just made a storage heart and tried to open it and got a crash :( I'm running tmodloader 0.10.1.5, terraria 1.3.5.2, magic storage 0.4.3.3. This happens even with no other mods turned on. Have attached a screenshot of the error. This happens just by opening the storage heart and standing there for a little while, then just move around a little or move the mouse cursor over to the storage UI. I was really looking forward to using this mod - storage is such a pain! :(
In my experience this usually happens after reloading mods.
Did you try this immediately after launching? I.E. without changing your mod setup at all or reloading mods before loading a world?
So has there been a solution to the crafting interface not being craftable?
I'm still pretty certain it's not a problem in the first place, at least not with this mod.
I've used the latest tModloader and latest Magic Storage together many times and never have I been unable to craft the Crafting interface.
It's possibly a mod conflict, or maybe some data got corrupted, or... I don't know what else.

Back
Top Bottom