Terraria State of the Game - February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had played pocket edition a lot a couple years ago, except I had the glitch with information loss occur in 4 of my home worlds. Obviously, this was quite frustrating. That said, I don't have those saves any more, and I started playing PC. (I have beat the moon lord and have most all end-game stuff, so I don't want to restart). Is there any way that I can use steam to get my save files from my PC on to my mobile phone so that I can play on the same world from either device at different times? Or is that just not possible? Thanks

I had played pocket edition a lot a couple years ago, except I had the glitch with information loss occur in 4 of my home worlds. Obviously, this was quite frustrating. That said, I don't have those saves any more, and I started playing PC. (I have beat the moon lord and have most all end-game stuff, so I don't want to restart). Is there any way that I can use steam to get my save files from my PC on to my mobile phone so that I can play on the same world from either device at different times? Or is that just not possible? Thanks
Unfortunately not. The difference in hardware and software causes it to be impossible to transfer data between the two devices.

Im not sure why so many are so exited for mobile. I am a mobile player but really, think about it. Adds lunatic cultist and moonlord, along with a bunch of other items (such as shadowflame knife, my fav for mechs). All im exited for is the new controls and UI.

Im not sure why so many are so exited for mobile. I am a mobile player but really, think about it. Adds lunatic cultist and moonlord, along with a bunch of other items (such as shadowflame knife, my fav for mechs). All im exited for is the new controls and UI.
I get that a new UI is a big deal for mobile players, but are you really not excited for new events, new bosses, new weapons, new... well, everything?!

I get that a new UI is a big deal for mobile players, but are you really not excited for new events, new bosses, new weapons, new... well, everything?!
The new UI is exciting me but I am more excited about the new bosses and events I'm really excited to kick the Moonlord's :red:

The new UI is exciting me but I am more excited about the new bosses and events I'm really excited to kick the Moonlord's :red:

Gonna get your behind kicked the first few times before you get the hang of him. Mobile's probably gonna have the same bugs that the console version has, with the crawltipede banners being unobtainable and probably the tally counter multiplayer reset. And believe me, you want the banners from the lunar event enemies. 50% damage buff in normal mode/100% damage buff in expert mode is nothing to sneeze at

It says they just openned it up so you can backup incase 1.3 breaks it. So if i need 1.3 to prevent 1.3 from breaking my files is a bad idea

No, the new version is opened up in Files. Not the old. The backup of your existing/old version saves will occur automatically.

es, I know the files app but I never use it. Is there a way to save terraria on there?

Not yet, see above.

In addition, the text for accessories (e.g. time or depth)
should be smaller, it will be a distraction, i guess.

All of that is WIP - stage one is getting everything (like info accessories... and signs.... etc) working.... stage two is ironing out issues like text overlap and clutter, etc. on those same things.

Is there any way that I can use steam to get my save files from my PC on to my mobile phone

Wouldn't be possible - PC is on v1.3.5.3, and Mobile will launch with 1.3.0.7, so even if everything else were fine, that would cause an incompatibility.

Speedrunners when they see the new world creation UI:
220.png

No, the new version is opened up in Files. Not the old. The backup of your existing/old version saves will occur automatically.
I think it should be a little more clear that you need 1.3 for it, as it says you can now “send in your saves for testing” but im fine with this.

I think it should be a little more clear that you need 1.3 for it, as it says you can now “send in your saves for testing” but im fine with this.
To send in files for testing, you needed to back them up to Google Drive and send them in from there.

Is there any news on whether a 64 bit version is coming out for Windows? As far as I understand this shouldn't be too difficult to do, the Linux version has been working fine with FNA for a while now.

So will switch Terraria have public servers or the ability to post ones game publicly? Curious how accessible multiplayer will be. I know when I last played on the 360 it was invite only.

So will switch Terraria have public servers or the ability to post ones game publicly? Curious how accessible multiplayer will be. I know when I last played on the 360 it was invite only.

On console, anyone on your friends list who has Terraria can join if you load your world in multiplayer. Unfortunately, someone at Pipeworks bleeped up, because anyone on your friend's friends list who has Terraria can also join. And their friends. And their friends' friends. And there is no way to kick unwanted intruders out of the game.

If Pipeworks is working on the Switch version it'll probably have the same problem

anyone on your friend's friends list who has Terraria can also join. And their friends. And their friends' friends. And there is no way to kick unwanted intruders out of the game.

That’s definitely a double edge sword. On one hand, easier multiplayer, on the other... well.. griefers can grief. I’ll be sure to keep a multiplayer world that I don’t care much about until they solve that issue; If they haven’t already upon release.

That’s definitely a double edge sword. On one hand, easier multiplayer, on the other... well.. griefers can grief. I’ll be sure to keep a multiplayer world that I don’t care much about until they solve that issue; If they haven’t already upon release.

I was fighting the Moon Lord with a friend once. One of his friends popped in uninvited and Old Tentacle Face spawned on them at my main base instead of us at the dungeon arena. I lost quite a few NPCs thanks to them

Another player here was saying random people kept appearing their world and breaking their builds because the spawn area was closed off and the intruders didn't know how to get out without digging a massive hole

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom