Xbox One No dungeon/infinite falling speed.

Do any of these things happen to you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

TAKM

Terrarian
I've created 3 worlds, and in each one of them, the dungeon was not there. There was a jungle in each one, just no dungeon. I'm pretty sure that glitch is already known though.
Another glitch that has crashed my device, when you fall normally you fall at about 51 mph. But, if you hold a portal gun, you progressively seem to fall with no speed limit. I've fallen through and into blocks, and my Xbox One crashed. EDIT: Also, Split screen can be buggy, and usually the 3rd and 4th players can not see any text on screen, including pickup text and damage dealt.

I've created 3 worlds, and in each one of them, the dungeon was not there. There was a jungle in each one, just no dungeon. I'm pretty sure that glitch is already known though.
Another glitch that has crashed my device, when you fall normally you fall at about 51 mph. But, if you hold a portal gun, you progressively seem to fall with no speed limit. I've fallen through and into blocks, and my Xbox One crashed. EDIT: Also, Split screen can be buggy, and usually the 3rd and 4th players can not see any text on screen, including pickup text and damage dealt.
Hi @TAKM, I don’t think I’ve heard of this dungeon glitch. Did you traverse the entire world left to right? The dungeon will be on the opposite side of the jungle. Can you provide a screenshot of your map that shows no dungeon? (Or, do you mean there is no Lihzahrd Temple? In which case, it’s probably there and you haven’t found it yet.)

With the portal gun, are you going through the portals and picking up speed? That’s normal. Falling through and into blocks isn’t. If you can video that happening it would be a great help. You can send it directly to Pipeworks (the console developer) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You can also send in your information, using that web form I linked above, regarding split-screen players not seeing text. Screenshots and video of it occurring are always big helpers.

Hi @TAKM, I don’t think I’ve heard of this dungeon glitch. Did you traverse the entire world left to right? The dungeon will be on the opposite side of the jungle. Can you provide a screenshot of your map that shows no dungeon? (Or, do you mean there is no Lihzahrd Temple? In which case, it’s probably there and you haven’t found it yet.)

With the portal gun, are you going through the portals and picking up speed? That’s normal. Falling through and into blocks isn’t. If you can video that happening it would be a great help. You can send it directly to Pipeworks (the console developer) here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

You can also send in your information, using that web form I linked above, regarding split-screen players not seeing text. Screenshots and video of it occurring are always big helpers.
I don't know how to screenshot on console, but i can probably record it all and send it to my PC. The worlds that I have made do not have regular dungeons (map cleared from one ocean to the other), and the falling speed increased just by holding the portal gun, not actually entering it.

I don't know how to screenshot on console, but i can probably record it all and send it to my PC. The worlds that I have made do not have regular dungeons (map cleared from one ocean to the other), and the falling speed increased just by holding the portal gun, not actually entering it.
That would be great if you can get clear recording or clear photograph of the map.

To take a screenshot on Xbox One you bring up the Guide (Xbox button) and then press Y. (To record a video of the last few seconds you press X instead.) It seems though that the original Xbox One is not able to make screenshots. If that's what you have you can make a screenshot by taking a picture of the TV screen with a phone. Attaching a file/image to your post is abit bugged right now, but there are workarounds.

Regarding the "no dungeon" issue; When you generated those worlds, was it a long time since you restarted the game entirely? Or have you changed user in-game a few times? I have run into a similar issue with worldgen breaking down when switching active user in-game. In my case the sky islands didn't generate with chests. Switching user a few times more the sky islands didn't generate with a building at all.

Is your console's power mode set to 'Instant-On'?

EDIT
Regarding the Portal Gun falling speed; It's normal (the pc version does it too). Game crashing and falling through blocks isn't normal though.

Last edited:
To take a screenshot on Xbox One you bring up the Guide (Xbox button) and then press Y. (To record a video of the last few seconds you press X instead.) It seems though that the original Xbox One is not able to make screenshots. If that's what you have you can make a screenshot by taking a picture of the TV screen with a phone. Attaching a file/image to your post is abit bugged right now, but there are workarounds.

Regarding the "no dungeon" issue; When you generated those worlds, was it a long time since you restarted the game entirely? Or have you changed user in-game chungus few times? I have run into a similar issue with worldgen breaking down when switching active user in-game. In my case the sky islands didn't generate with chests. Switching user a few times more the sky islands didn't generate with a building at all.

Is your console's power mode set to 'Instant-On'?

EDIT
Regarding the Portal Gun falling speed; It's normal (the pc version does it too). Game crashing and falling through blocks isn't normal though.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but my issue has been resolved. 3 people signed in whilst the world was generating, and (i think) that caused the world generation to skip some things, because as we kept playing, we noticed that the water in the ocean was not one full body, and it kinda looked like many small strips of water, and that's probably what caused the lagged, and allowed players the move through blocks. The world file became corrupt when I tried to get back onto it and take screenshots.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but my issue has been resolved. 3 people signed in whilst the world was generating, and (i think) that caused the world generation to skip some things, because as we kept playing, we noticed that the water in the ocean was not one full body, and it kinda looked like many small strips of water, and that's probably what caused the lagged, and allowed players the move through blocks. The world file became corrupt when I tried to get back onto it and take screenshots.
@TAKM, it would be great if you were able to send in a step-by-step process for this to Pipeworks. Having people join while the world is being created, resulting in an incomplete world that then gets corrupted is something shouldn’t be happening. If you’re able to replicate that and give Pipeworks exact steps on how to do it, that would be helpful. Send your notes here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

@TAKM, it would[/USER] be great if you were able to send in a step-by-step process for this to Pipeworks. Having people join while the world is being created, resulting in an incomplete world that then gets corrupted is something shouldn’t be happening. If you’re able to replicate that and give Pipeworks exact steps on how to do it, that would be helpful. Send your notes here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html
Over the weekend, i'll get my friends to help my try and recreate it, and if we get it, i'll have it on tape.

Back
Top Bottom