In-depth accessory guide

Which of the following do you prioritize?

• Total voters
See, no matter how common Armored Skeletons are, you can avoid the debuff pretty easily by not touching them. Same with Pixies and Mummies.

The reason why I mentioned Webbed/Blackout/Distorted in particular is because even though they are rare, they are deadly when you encounter them, and the enemies that inflict those debuffs on you can do so without touching you.

You can’t beat the game without destroying the Vortex Pillar, and the Ankh does nothing against Distorted. You can’t beat the game without defeating the Twins, and the Ankh does nothing against Cursed Inferno. No matter how you look at it, the Ankh is just not as useful as advertised; it fails to save you from debuff-related hazards at critical times.

Basically, if you die because of a debuff, odds are that it wasn’t a debuff that the Ankh Shield would have saved you from.
Yes, but you won't spend so much time on the vortex tower, you have to beat it only once per entire game. And only 1 enemy at this tower gives you this debuff.
And cursed inferno is actually a debuff, that is difficult to get even get in the spazmatizm fight. You can avoid his flame attack easly.
And you don't have to go to the spider caves to beat the game, it actually just gives you some summoner items and armor and due how scary wall creepers/black recluses look, i avoid entering this biome. Anyways again, before hardmode there's no such a thing as black recluse and wall creepers aren't that annoying, so you can remove it in pre-hardmode and when you entered hardmode, you don't need to worry about these debuffs.

And yes, avoiding spider caves is easly, spider caves never spawn in underground jungle. But in underground jungle you'll get annoyed by the "Poisoned" debuff. And what helps you against it? Right, good ol' ankh shield.

And yes, avoiding spider caves is easly, spider caves never spawn in underground jungle. But in underground jungle you'll get annoyed by the "Poisoned" debuff. And what helps you against it? Right, good ol' ankh shield.

If I recall correctly, you can easily dismiss the debuff by equipping a the Ankh Shield or any other debuff immunity item that gives immunity against said debuff when you procure the debuff. At all other times, you can use another accessory in the slot like the Paladin's Shield.

If I recall correctly, you can easily dismiss the debuff by equipping a the Ankh Shield or any other debuff immunity item that gives immunity against said debuff when you procure the debuff. At all other times, you can use another accessory in the slot like the Paladin's Shield.
Yes, but protection against more debuffs = better.
And you can combine armor polish and bezoar only by ankh shield/crest.

Yes, but protection against more debuffs = better.
And you can combine armor polish and bezoar only by ankh shield/crest.
Keep in mind that these accessories are all competing for limited slots. Is it worthwhile to have an entire accessory slot dedicated to preventing random poisonings? Probably not. Is it worthwhile to spend hours gathering the Ankh Shield's ingredients just to protect yourself from all of the weakest debuffs in the game and none of the most dangerous ones? Well, I'm not stopping you from doing it, but viewed in terms of time spent vs. reward gained, I wouldn't recommend it for most people.

And cursed inferno is actually a debuff, that is difficult to get even get in the spazmatizm fight. You can avoid his flame attack easly.
If you can dodge Spazmatism's flame attack so easily, then you shouldn't be getting hit by Pixies or Armored Skeletons, either.

You're dismissing Cursed Inferno and Distorted as situational/uncommon debuffs, but the reality is that Silenced, Broken Armor, and all the debuffs that the Ankh gives immunity to are equally situational. And Cursed Inferno/Blackout/Distorted are inflicted on you through projectiles, which are harder to dodge than contact damage.

If it sounds like I'm repeating myself, it's because I am. Sorry. But I really don't think there's anything new I can say that I haven't already explained in detail in my previous replies. If you think I'm wrong, that's fine, but I've defended my reasoning to the best of my ability and I stand by it.

You say that the frostspark boots treat all ice blocks like regular blocks, but I thought it treats them like asphalt blocks?

You say that the frostspark boots treat all ice blocks like regular blocks, but I thought it treats them like asphalt blocks?
I thought FrostSpark threads them uniquely, neither ice, normal or asphalt.
More like a high-grip block to quickly move the other way, but not to increase speed by running in the same direction.

I thought FrostSpark threads them uniquely, neither ice, normal or asphalt.
More like a high-grip block to quickly move the other way, but not to increase speed by running in the same direction.
Hmm, I'll have to do some testing later today...

It helps by wearing FrostSpark Boots all the time :p

I've once used it in a farm where I kept running around. Using asphalt with ice blocks on the edges helped me to go in the other direction quickly that way.

No, you're fine, I've just tested it. With Ice Skates, you get better acceleration on Ice Blocks than you do on ordinary blocks. I did not know that, and I never would have guessed if I hadn't tested it. Good catch, steef!
Welp, I guess I tested it for nothing lol...

The Brain of Confusion is not bad as it has some crowd control uses. It helps so you don't get overwhelmed by enemies because you can just hit them and they go away from you unless it's immune to confused.

The Brain of Confusion is not bad as it has some crowd control uses. It helps so you don't get overwhelmed by enemies because you can just hit them and they go away from you unless it's immune to confused.
It's pretty bad, most enemies that aren't immune to confusion aren't real enough threats to get hit by anyway.

It's pretty bad, most enemies that aren't immune to confusion aren't real enough threats to get hit by anyway.
I know but if your a early game player it might be useful. All you have to do is defeat the Brain of Cthulhu in expert mode. It would make the goblin army easier.

I know but if your a early game player it might be useful. All you have to do is defeat the Brain of Cthulhu in expert mode. It would make the goblin army easier.
I don't get hit during the goblin army though, let alone activate the brain...

In the time when you'll get Brain Of Confusion, you'd likely to have a lot better acessories to fill your slots.

Damage, because if you kill fast as :red: you don't need to regen or move around fast
This reasoning doesn't apply to bosses- no matter how much you specialize in damage, you can't kill a boss before it has a chance to attack you.

Same goes for situations where the screen is filled with enemies. In order to avoid taking damage, you'd have to kill every enemy on the screen as quickly as they spawn. And no combination of accessories grants you the ability to do that.

Back
Top Bottom