tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Hey there, it's been a long time since i haven't used this mod. Just wanted to know if 0,01 = 1% increase on the item's drop chance. Thank you in advance.

I have a bug to report regarding the Marble Sundial/Granite Moondial and the Stationary Merchant when playing a Multiplayer game. From what i have tested, the Sundial/Moondial shows its affect for a couple of seconds when activated but returns back to the previous time before activation. As for the Stationary Merchant, he has no items when opening his shop. All these happen only when playing a Multiplayer game. If i load the world in Singleplayer the Dials work properly and the Merchant shows the items he has collected thus far. But if i go back to Multiplayer the problems are there again. Mods used are: Reduced Grinding, Cheat Sheet (for testing) and Mod Helpers. I'm not sure if these bugs can be fixed or not (because of the nature of the game), but thanks in advance for any help provided.

I have a bug to report regarding the Marble Sundial/Granite Moondial and the Stationary Merchant when playing a Multiplayer game. From what i have tested, the Sundial/Moondial shows its affect for a couple of seconds when activated but returns back to the previous time before activation. As for the Stationary Merchant, he has no items when opening his shop. All these happen only when playing a Multiplayer game. If i load the world in Singleplayer the Dials work properly and the Merchant shows the items he has collected thus far. But if i go back to Multiplayer the problems are there again. Mods used are: Reduced Grinding, Cheat Sheet (for testing) and Mod Helpers. I'm not sure if these bugs can be fixed or not (because of the nature of the game), but thanks in advance for any help provided.
Thanks for reporting this. Someone actually PM'd me about a week ago about the Stationary Merchant and problems with configuration syncing. While testing I also discovered the Dial problems. I'm getting closer to getting it fixed. I'm going to try to fix all of this.

Last edited:
Okay, I have the configurations fixed for multiplayer, but I still need to fix the other stuff.

the newest update seems to conflict with recipe browser, using both mods crashes the game.

the stationary merchant is a nice idea, any plans to do something similar to other temporary NPCs like santa and the skeleton merchant?

Hey, maybe add something that could allow you to get golden critters easier? Like catching a certain amount of them and crafting them into a gold variant? I do play with Fargo's Soul Mod and I would need 2 Gold Butterflies and 1 Gold Squirrel. No luck at all.

Hey, maybe add something that could allow you to get golden critters easier? Like catching a certain amount of them and crafting them into a gold variant? I do play with Fargo's Soul Mod and I would need 2 Gold Butterflies and 1 Gold Squirrel. No luck at all.
I like this idea, it would make Golden Critter Terrarium's easier too. I'll work on adding this in.
the newest update seems to conflict with recipe browser, using both mods crashes the game.
I too am having issues with the current update and recipe browser, it causes recipe browser to disable itself while reloading the mods and crashes if you try to re-enable it
Uh oh, I use that mod all the time, it's pretty much a necessity in modded Terraria. I'm not getting this crash though when I have both installed. Can you both make sure you have the newest versions of both mods installed, then reload. If you get an error, can you open the error log and copy paste it here?
the stationary merchant is a nice idea, any plans to do something similar to other temporary NPCs like santa and the skeleton merchant?
Yeah I'll think of something to make it easier to get their items. Until then, you can use the "Christmas Spirit" item to make it Christmas for a day; doing this, defeating the Frost Legion, and having an available house will allow Santa to appear.

Can you both make sure you have the newest versions of both mods installed, then reload. If you get an error, can you open the error log and copy paste it here?
using newest version of both. this is the log I get:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Type type)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T]()
at ReducedGrinding.ReducedGrindingPlayer.SetupStartInventory(IList`1 items) in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\ReducedGrindingPlayer.cs:line 3713
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SetupStartInventory(Player player, Boolean mediumcoreDeath)
at Terraria.Player..ctor(Boolean startupInventory)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\LootCache.cs:line 362
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\RecipeBrowser.cs:line 145
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

the odd thing is, I have no D partition.

Last edited:
using newest version of both. this is the log I get:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.GetModPlayer(Player player, Type type)
at Terraria.Player.GetModPlayer[T]()
at ReducedGrinding.ReducedGrindingPlayer.SetupStartInventory(IList`1 items) in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\ReducedGrindingPlayer.cs:line 3713
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SetupStartInventory(Player player, Boolean mediumcoreDeath)
at Terraria.Player..ctor(Boolean startupInventory)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\LootCache.cs:line 362
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\RecipeBrowser.cs:line 145
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

the odd thing is, I have no D partition.
I updated my mod and disabled new starting items when using Recipe Browser just like I did for Luiafk (I believe this is unfortunately the only way to fix it). Can you update my mod and see if it's still giving you an error?

I updated my mod and disabled new starting items when using Recipe Browser just like I did for Luiafk (I believe this is unfortunately the only way to fix it). Can you update my mod and see if it's still giving you an error?
now everything seems fine.

Oh. Can RG get Thorium/Calamity support? Like make certain butterflies craftable from Thorium? Higher tiered butterflies needing a more advanced crafting station in order to make them? Like any vanilla butterfly+(item they represent) For example, to make an Amethyst Butterfly, you need 1 butterfly and n-amount of Amethyst. Also the Thorium Biome Keys are pretty hard to get even with Zerg/War/Ultimate Battler. Maybe it is already configurable though. I am not sure.

P.S.: Your mod is really great! It really helps me out.

Oh. Can RG get Thorium/Calamity support? Like make certain butterflies craftable from Thorium? Higher tiered butterflies needing a more advanced crafting station in order to make them? Like any vanilla butterfly+(item they represent) For example, to make an Amethyst Butterfly, you need 1 butterfly and n-amount of Amethyst. Also the Thorium Biome Keys are pretty hard to get even with Zerg/War/Ultimate Battler. Maybe it is already configurable though. I am not sure.

Thanks I'm glad you like my mod. The problem with support for other mods is when they're not open source. If they're not, then I don't think there's a way to get their object's IDs to use them in any sort of way like making crafting recipes.

Some possible tips for getting butterflies to spawn:
  • Up the spawn rate around town NPC's because they block out hostile spawns. I'm not sure, but maybe can use King/Queen statues for butterflies that spawn in specific locations (I don't know if they have to live in a location to make it work).
  • Use Butterfly Lure (if not that then Butterfly Charm).
EDIT: One thing I can do is test if a mod is installed, then make a change to my own mod if it is.

Last edited:
I updated my mod with a fix for Dials not working syncing in multiplayer. I'm going to work on fixing the Stationary Merchant for multiplayer now, then I'm going to check my mod for any other multiplayer issues.

First, I want to say that I love this mod, and I find it absolutely essential. I've been using it since it was first published.

Having said that, as of the recent addition of the Stationary Merchant, I cannot get the toggle in the config file to actually disable the NPC. Mind you, this is in singleplayer, not multiplayer like others have reported. I've had no issue with the Chest Salesman's toggle.

And while I have your attention, there are two/three typos in the Marble Sundial and Granite Moondial: "This day wont count twoards the Enchanted Sundial cooldown." should be "This day won't count towards the Enchanted Sundial cooldown" (The period at the end of the sentence is of course grammatically correct, but it isn't standard for Terraria's tooltips.)

I'd also like to suggest a toggle/multiplier setting for the furniture drops from the lockboxes. I prefer to just receive the normal chest items and not the furniture.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Thanks I'm glad you like my mod. The problem with support for other mods is when they're not open source. If they're not, then I don't think there's a way to get their object's IDs to use them in any sort of way like making crafting recipes.

Some possible tips for getting butterflies to spawn:
  • Up the spawn rate around town NPC's because they block out hostile spawns. I'm not sure, but maybe can use King/Queen statues for butterflies that spawn in specific locations (I don't know if they have to live in a location to make it work).
  • Use Butterfly Lure (if not that then Butterfly Charm).
EDIT: One thing I can do is test if a mod is installed, then make a change to my own mod if it is.

I mean, you can ask Diverman Sam. I am sure they would gladly help out!

First, I want to say that I love this mod, and I find it absolutely essential. I've been using it since it was first published.

Having said that, as of the recent addition of the Stationary Merchant, I cannot get the toggle in the config file to actually disable the NPC. Mind you, this is in singleplayer, not multiplayer like others have reported. I've had no issue with the Chest Salesman's toggle.

And while I have your attention, there are two/three typos in the Marble Sundial and Granite Moondial: "This day wont count twoards the Enchanted Sundial cooldown." should be "This day won't count towards the Enchanted Sundial cooldown" (The period at the end of the sentence is of course grammatically correct, but it isn't standard for Terraria's tooltips.)

I'd also like to suggest a toggle/multiplier setting for the furniture drops from the lockboxes. I prefer to just receive the normal chest items and not the furniture.

Thanks for your time.
Thanks, I added the typo corrections and fixed it so the toggle in the config disables him. I'll add a toggle for the furniture in lockboxes.
I mean, you can ask Diverman Sam. I am sure they would gladly help out!
Okay I'll look into this idea later. Right now I'm focusing searching for any more multiplayer flaws. I just discovered the chest drop configuration isn't syncing for multiplayer for some reason.

New Update:
changes:
- Bugfix: Stationary Merchant configuration didn't control whether he can spawn.
- Workaround: I spent hours trying to get the Stationary Merchant to work in multiplayer, but couldn't get the the shop to sync in multiplayer. So, instead the Stationary Merchant's shop will depend on what bosses/invasions have been defeated while in multiplayer.
- Bugfix: Biome Chest in player's inventory didn't affect Biome Chest drops in multiplayer.
- Typo Fixes in Marble Sundial and Granite Moondial.

If anyone knows how to synchronize the integer list that Stationary Merchant uses, a fork with the changes would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I just updated your mod to new version and get this when trying to enter world

Cannot get packet for ReducedGrinding because it does not exist on the other side
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetPacket(Int32 capacity)
at ReducedGrinding.ReducedGrindingPlayer.PreUpdate() in c:\Users\cntdr\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\ReducedGrinding\ReducedGrindingPlayer.cs:line 84
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreUpdate(Player player)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Back
Top Bottom