Weapons & Equip True Copper Shortsword - A new hardmode throwing weapon

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still it has the same damage of True Excalibur, still needs less damage.
Okay, I have been holding in this rant for a while, but I just got sick of it.

You are saying that, because the copper shortsword is easier to obtain than Excalibur, the true shortsword should be weakened. That argument, while it may SOUND good in your head, becomes just plain silly when you apply it to other weapons.
  • The nights edge can be obtained before hardmode, but all hardmode ore swords before you get adamantite are weaker than nights edge, so nights edge should be nerfed.
    • Also the nights edge, the NE is easier to obtain than Excalibur, but the true nights edge has the second highest damage of all melee weapons in the game, surpassed only by the Terra Blade, so true nights edge should be nerfed.
  • The Terra Blade itself can be obtained earlier than many swords such as the horseman's blade and Christmas tree sword and yet has the highest damage out of all swords, so the Terra Blade should be nerfed.
  • The horseman's blade can be obtained more easily than Christmas tree sword, and yet the HB has slightly higher damage, autoswing that the CTS lacks, and as Yrimir demonstrated, can be used with some low-level monster statures and one second timers to kill all of the hardmode bosses at once solo without healing. The horseman's blade as such is massively overpowered and should be nerfed.
You can see my point: Your arguement simply does not work when applied to other weapons ("It's easier to obtain than this other weapon, so it needs to be weaker than that weapon!"). In conclusion, if I unscrewed the top of your head and replaced your brain with a potato, you would probably be smarter than you were before. Good day to you all.
Also Rainfall, please un-nerf the shortsword, considering I just tore apart the entire argument of the only person who wanted it nerfed.

Okay, I have been holding in this rant for a while, but I just got sick of it.

You are saying that, because the copper shortsword is easier to obtain than Excalibur, the true shortsword should be weakened. That argument, while it may SOUND good in your head, becomes just plain silly when you apply it to other weapons.
  • The nights edge can be obtained before hardmode, but all hardmode ore swords before you get adamantite are weaker than nights edge, so nights edge should be nerfed.
    • Also the nights edge, the NE is easier to obtain than Excalibur, but the true nights edge has the second highest damage of all melee weapons in the game, surpassed only by the Terra Blade, so true nights edge should be nerfed.
  • The Terra Blade itself can be obtained earlier than many swords such as the horseman's blade and Christmas tree sword and yet has the highest damage out of all swords, so the Terra Blade should be nerfed.
  • The horseman's blade can be obtained more easily than Christmas tree sword, and yet the HB has slightly higher damage, autoswing that the CTS lacks, and as Yrimir demonstrated, can be used with some low-level monster statures and one second timers to kill all of the hardmode bosses at once solo without healing. The horseman's blade as such is massively overpowered and should be nerfed.
You can see my point: Your arguement simply does not work when applied to other weapons ("It's easier to obtain than this other weapon, so it needs to be weaker than that weapon!"). In conclusion, if I unscrewed the top of your head and replaced your brain with a potato, you would probably be smarter than you were before. Good day to you all.
Also Rainfall, please un-nerf the shortsword, considering I just tore apart the entire argument of the only person who wanted it nerfed.
But it's unbalanced! It's too high, then it will over tier the Terra Blade! Too low it will under tier the solar eclipse tier.

Just thought, how about have true versions of the other shortswords? I'd say they should be a lot like the phaseblades and sabers in having the same stats but different effects. Like, the true copper shortsword has the heatseeking effect while tin has the shorter range penetrating effect.
That's a great idea for the differences, but the copper shortsword is what makes this the best thread ever posted by me. True Tin Shortsword just doesn't have the same comedic value

Yeah, I don't support his either, because:
Tier wise do you think a super early easymode weapon plus a mid hardmode material blends in? This will not. E implemented in my opinion.

33% Support. It might have a ton of support and likes but that still doesn't mean it's a badass suggestion.

Yeah, I don't support his either, because:
Tier wise do you think a super early easymode weapon plus a mid hardmode material blends in? This will not. E implemented in my opinion.

33% Support. It might have a ton of support and likes but that still doesn't mean it's a badass suggestion.
What if you use the souls dropped from the original 3 Hardmode bosses? That would bump it up a bit to be post-mech.

I'd rather make it a rare drop rather than a crafted item (so that people become really surprised when they obtain it) but this idea is brilliant. The Bard from that Bard thread should definitely tell about some :red:ty weapon becoming one of the most powerfull in the game.

Holy :red: guys! 75 likes! That's a new record for me!
Thank you for all this support! :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1418570634][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd rather make it a rare drop rather than a crafted item (so that people become really surprised when they obtain it) but this idea is brilliant. The Bard from that Bard thread should definitely tell about some :red:ty weapon becoming one of the most powerfull in the game.
Nah, having it drop will make people complain about the RNG involved. I'd say it's around a good level right now based on how it's obtained

What if you use the souls dropped from the original 3 Hardmode bosses? That would bump it up a bit to be post-mech.
umm eclipses only occur post mech... it wouldn't affect the teiring though I guess as an eclipse only requires one it could have an effect... It isn't overpowered though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom